Visions of the Seas

Anyone just off this ship? I read the review from Trainman and it seemed positive but others are not so much. I know it is an older ship and will not be redone till after our cruise but still hoping for a good cruise as this is a very expensive one. :confused:

Just got off the Vision this morning. I agree with everything Trainman posted on his review. I didn't mind the smaller older ship. It depends on what you want out of the cruise.

I thought the food and entertainment was good. The entertainment seemed to be geared towards the older passengers, but most of us were older.

Don

Thanks Don. Was the ship and cabins in good condition? We are in a GS and I hope it is not old and falling apart:confused:

I don't think that will be a worry. RCCL does a pretty good job of keeping their ships in top shape. You may see some minor signs of wear here and there, but I'd say chances of "falling apart" would be slim and none.

We're on the 2/4 sailing and I'm not one bit concerned about it. You'll have a great time. :)

I don't think that will be a worry. RCCL does a pretty good job of keeping their ships in top shape. You may see some minor signs of wear here and there, but I'd say chances of "falling apart" would be slim and none.

We're on the 2/4 sailing and I'm not one bit concerned about it. You'll have a great time. :)

Darn! We won't get to hear back from you...we are on the next sailing, 2/25. :)

Thanks Don. Was the ship and cabins in good condition? We are in a GS and I hope it is not old and falling apart:confused:

We were on the Vision in Sept and were amazed by the great shape the ship was in - better than many others we have sailed on recently;). We fell in love with this smaller ship which had a fantastic crew and where we were served hot food in the MDR - had forgotten what that was like, lol. We were in the RS and everything was wonderful. We will definitely be returning to the Vision as soon as it is retrofitted but wouldn't hesitate to go again sooner, if we weren't already booked thru 2013:cool: Imho.

Darn! We won't get to hear back from you...we are on the next sailing, 2/25. :)

Sure you will. Ours ends on the 15th. There's a full 10-days before you sail. I will be making an effort to get a decent photo review up starting on the 16th.

Though I will admit it will likely be the evening of the 16th when I get that started as I'll have to make a kid pickup run that's going to take about four hours.

Sure you will. Ours ends on the 15th. There's a full 10-days before you sail. I will be making an effort to get a decent photo review up starting on the 16th.

Though I will admit it will likely be the evening of the 16th when I get that started as I'll have to make a kid pickup run that's going to take about four hours.

That's wonderful!...obviously calendar math is not my strong point. :o:D

~Patti :)

Never mind, I don't know who Don is either. Thanks Darkwolfe.

LoL no worries. I've had days like that too. :D

Thanks. Not to hijack Sharon's thread, but I am especially curious (because of the time of year) if Vision has time changes or stays on Florida time for the sailings. :)

Thanks. Not to hijack Sharon's thread, but I am especially curious (because of the time of year) if Vision has time changes or stays on Florida time for the sailings. :)

Depends on whether Capt Ban has changed his habit since I sailed on Enchantment when he had her helm. On that cruise, we matched the time zones we were in. He might well be doing the same on Vision.

Can someoe tell me when the upgrade is scheduled for the Vision? Also when she will get the new menu? Thanks so much!

Originally I believe it was supposed to take place September 2013, but they have removed the months from their schedule only leaving the year. I have heard they had moved it up to earlier in the year, don't have anything to back that up. Here is the revitalization schedule: http://www.creative.rccl.com/Sales/Royal/General_Info/Flyers/12028421_Revit_QuickReference_Guide.pdf

I was on the Vision from SAN-FLL and found the ship in excellent condition and the crew I had contact with to be excellent as well. A CC member did comment that they thought their balcony could use some paint. When I joined the ship in San Diego there was a ton of carpet stored forward just outside the passenger area on deck 4. During the voyage I saw them changing carpet in several areas to include cabins. In my uber swank cabin;) I had an old tube type Sony, (read small) where some folks had a flat panel TV. Did not make any difference to me since it still was regular standard definition and I can fall asleep in front of that one just as well:D.

Menu is still the regular RCI which again is fine with me because I have not seen enough of the new menu to say I'm really looking forward to it. From what I ate off the old menu, I thought it was one the better dinner offerings and was pleased. I don't know when the new menu is supposed to be rolled out on the Vision.

The ship is in good shape. She shows her age a little but no prolbems. I was in a JS and for the most part, in good shape. The only problem seemed to be the bed. Think it was well used and could be replaced.

The ship did have problems with Internet and TV signals a few times and I think this is due to old equipment.

They did say the ship is going into dry dock in September and some rooms will be updated. Not shure if all of them or some. I think all rooms will have wide screen TVs. My JS already had one but it deferently was not HD quality video.

They said a few speciality reseterants will be added but I can't remember which ones. I remember them saying one would be going in where the conference room is now on deck 4.

Don

Dcoy were you on Local island time or Florida time? I've booked private tours and they all told me not to worry they would wait if ship's time was different.

When we left FL, it was still Day Light Savings Time so our time was the same as the islands. Day Light Savings Time changed in the States on our second day but we did not change our clocks so we stayed on island time. We did not change our clocks to match FL time till our last night just before returning to FL.

Don't know what they will do for you but my quess is that they will change to island time since you will be in the area for many days.

Don

Just off the Vision last week. Very impressed. The ship did not look old at all -- and is certainly well maintained. Our dining and room service were exceptional, and the crew was fantastic. Loved the new captain -- her announcements were very entertaining!

When we left FL, it was still Day Light Savings Time so our time was the same as the islands. Day Light Savings Time changed in the States on our second day but we did not change our clocks so we stayed on island time. We did not change our clocks to match FL time till our last night just before returning to FL.

Don't know what they will do for you but my quess is that they will change to island time since you will be in the area for many days.

Don

Thanks. RCI says we will be on FL time the whole time but my tour operators disagree.

Perhaps whoever you talked to at RCI is confused about DST on the islands. As Don stated, we did not change our time on Sunday morning with the EST change. I would assume that this was the same as moving forward by one hour because our time matched the local island time. As stated we moved back on hour on the last night to match the EST in FL when we arrived.

The ship will need to move ahead by one hour if they want to match the island time at this time of the year?

Archived