Bit of a blog - Adventure of the Seas – B2B in the Caribbean – 18th November 2012

Promotion this afternoon at the pool bar

IMG_0650.jpg

This is around the corner from the pool bar

IMG_0651.jpg

I've heard it's been raining in San Juan.... and the weather back home has not been good either.... I have another week here so do I look bothered? Lol... the Brits will get that even if I should have spelled that 'bovvered' ;)

Linda,

In about 16 hours, we will become part of your live blog. I am very excited to become a part of the work in progress. Thank you again for making us all a part of your life for the past week.

Paul in Jacksonville, FL (temporarily located in San Juan)

Using up the last of my credit. It was mentioned at the B2B meeting that we could talk to GS about transferring leftover credit but I have my doubts about that having been told previously by GS that it’s not possible.

My laundry came back at 6pm. I’d put in a cotton blouse on the off chance that it would be wearable without an iron being passed over it…. It isn’t. That’s ok. Everything else is fine and was still warm when I unpacked it!

Had the best dish of the week tonight. Rack of lamb cooked pink. Delicious. I’ve posted a pic of the Bulletin Board by the GS desk; this is where you can find out about meetings for ‘Friends of Dorothy’, ‘Bill W’ or find Bridge partners etc. You just fill out a card and pop it there.

I’ve had an amazing week and cannot believe that it’s gone so fast. Negatives : bizarrely it’s the heat. I don’t do as well as I used to outdoors. I don’t tan evenly any more and I just get grumpy. Pool bar area is very noisy. The live music is very good. Being a sea day the atmosphere was quite raucous. I missed the ‘Belly flop’ competition waiting for my lunch to be served….. THAT is something I enjoy watching!!! ;) Fortunately there is plenty to do indoors on a cruise ship! I’d quite like some educational seminars on the ports of call as opposed to those that involve shopping or how to remove wrinkles or those excess pounds. Feed me this wonderful food then have boot camps for me to lose that weight….. I cannot do both on a cruise holiday!

This cruise has been full of young people. People who say cruising is the domain of the elderly are so wrong. So many of the activities this week have been geared towards the young and very active. I’ve no idea how many children have been on board…… some have left me colourful messages on the board outside my room…. They need to use a spell checker….. I’ve met really interesting people in the Viking Lounge when I’ve been up there posting my blog during the day and similarly at various meal times. I was asked tonight about cruising solo and other than being charged an extortionate supplement for being alone I can’t think of a negative thing.

Dani who has been supplying me with Bellinis and Mudslides all week in the Viking Lounge will be working around the Pool Bar next week. Similarly the waiter and assistant waiter in the MDR are moving stations so we have asked to be moved to their area. I’ve given each an extra tip. No envelopes provided for me but others said that they had received them in their room…… hmm…… Dani asked me if I could assist a guest who was having problems connecting to the internet! The man had a Blackberry….. totally foreign piece of kit as far as I am concerned and I couldn’t help him.

I’ve barely used the balcony. I’m just too hot out there. I love popping out to see the port then dive back in. No danger of me leaving the door open! I have my new SeaPass card and the In Transit card. Will need to get up for breakfast in the morning or miss it as it stops at 830 in the MDR and 9 in WJ. This morning I actually lay in until 8. Quite exciting!

Thanks for tagging along and asking questions and commenting. I have friends to see in the morning to wish them safe travels home and new and old friends to meet in the afternoon. Catch up with you all later xxx

There are suitcases out in the hallway already…..

What a fantastic job....if you get a chance this week will you post a picture of the two gentlemen for everyone to see if possible? They ate second dining with us in February on deck 3.

Loving the food pictures. I am so glad they are able to prepare the GF for you. I have a girlfriend who's daughter needs this and she would love to take her and her grandsons on a cruise but was leary of the food. I know they prepared food for others with different allergies but I wasn't sure about the GF.

Hope you have a fun turn around day. are you getting off the ship?

Staying tuned for the second part!!!

Hey Linda, thought you might be interested in this bit of information I got from my DD.

"the schedule is weird (next cruise) because there is a huge christian group cruising who have made crazy demands i guess

and will be using the theatre whenever we're not in it

there will be only one headliner show per night too i guess

they must be paying a lot of money"

Linda,

This has been so much fun to follow. it is making me even more excited for my cruise next Feb and you haven't even started the itinerary I will be on! I am looking forward to hearing about your second week and the ports.

Thank you for finding out who the next CD will be when Drew leaves!

Good Morning ~ great blog Linda! thank you for taking the vacation time to do this. I know it is not easy but you can see it is a labor of love :)

Hello Patty ~ enjoy part deux of the cruise!

Hi Doug and Lynne, she will be on your cruise. Barely. Her brother is getting married on Feb 2nd so she'll be home for that and back on the ship the 3rd. She thinks I'm a bit crazy for all this but of course enjoys the attention. hehe Don't want to hijack the blog so I'll send you a friend request.

Hi Kathy, just accepted your friend request...thanks. We live right down the road from you near East Lansing. Good luck with your son's wedding in Feb and feel free to email us if you want us to take any "Michigan reminders" to your daughter when we go...although I guess she will have just been home the day before for the wedding!!

Doug

Hey Linda, thought you might be interested in this bit of information I got from my DD.

"the schedule is weird (next cruise) because there is a huge christian group cruising who have made crazy demands i guess

and will be using the theatre whenever we're not in it

there will be only one headliner show per night too i guess

they must be paying a lot of money"

I wonder if their demands involve "Quest" :eek: or the belly flop contest?

Archived