Considering Celebrity Constellation

5Cats

Hello,

DH and I are looking for a short cruise in early 2013. Don't want to do a 7 day cruise. We have to fly wherever we cruise from, as we live in Nebraska. dining is an important factor, as DH likes anytime ding on Princess Cruise line. we've never had traditional seated dining at a specific time. Can anyone provide general info? We've sailed only on Princess (5 times). We haven't attended many of the entertainment shows, just kinda hang out.

We're 40 & 42 and aren't partiers - like to have a cocktail or two, but nothing excessive. We've always enjoyed the people on Princess - most are older than us in age, but not attitude! ;)

Thanks,

Kim

We have sailed with Princess a number of times but in January we revisited Celebrity by taking a 14 day cruise on the Connie. It re-kindled our love affair with Celebrity and will be back again soon. Great ship, wonderful crew and IMO much superior food. About the only thing that Princess excels in is their production shows.

We have three short cruises booked from 4th Feb. onwards on her around the Caribbean. We are really looking forward to being on her again. She was our very first cruise three years ago. Since then we have been on twelve and a few more booked! So she is responsible for our love of cruising and spending our money.:D

We love the Connie, but dislike short cruises. The ambiance is just not the same. However, you will probably find a younger age group on a short cruise as working folk generally can't generally take long breaks and can fit in a 4 night cruise more easily. Try to eat in Ocean Liners one night, wonderful food and exceptional service. We are about to cruise on the sister ship, Millenium and are really hoping it will be as good as the Connie.

We love the Connie, but dislike short cruises. The ambiance is just not the same. However, you will probably find a younger age group on a short cruise as working folk generally can't generally take long breaks and can fit in a 4 night cruise more easily. Try to eat in Ocean Liners one night, wonderful food and exceptional service. We are about to cruise on the sister ship, Millenium and are really hoping it will be as good as the Connie.

We are looking forward to the shorter cruises as we have been told it is more lively. Our recent cruise on the Summit was excellent but the bars were empty and there was certainly no atmosphere. We are meeting up with two American friends we met on the Summit and hoping for a lively time.

We will definitely be eating in the Ocean Liners - we ate there twice on our last cruise and it was excellent.

Doing our first short cruise ever in late Jan on the Connie. Impulsively joining some new friends to upgrade to Elite before a fall longer cruise. Looking forward to it!

We were just on the Millennium and loved it-great crew and a lovely, well-kept ship. Enjoy!

we've never had traditional seated dining at a specific time. Can anyone provide general info?

Just returned from a 12 day cruise aboard the Connie. Wonderful!!!!!! You can select fixed seating - 6:00 or 8:30, or open seating from 6:00 to 9:30 on the upper level of the MDR. We prefer fixed seating. We met four strangers at our table on this cruise and became fast friends. Dinner together each evening became a highlight of the cruise.

We're 40 & 42 and aren't partiers - like to have a cocktail or two, but nothing excessive. We've always enjoyed the people on Princess - most are older than us in age, but not attitude!

You will find essentially the same situation on a Celebrity cruise.

Is the Ocean Liners that crowded that it is difficult to get into? Is there a extra fee for it?

Thanks

Is the Ocean Liners that crowded that it is difficult to get into? Is there a extra fee for it?

Thanks

Hi, OceanLiners is the Specialty Restaurant where you make reservations

and yes, it is 40.00 per person. The food and service (in my opinon)

are fabulous:) . Is it difficult to get a reservation? Not usually,

just depends on the night and time you want to dine.

Hi, OceanLiners is the Specialty Restaurant where you make reservations

and yes, it is 40.00 per person. The food and service (in my opinon)

are fabulous:) . Is it difficult to get a reservation? Not usually,

just depends on the night and time you want to dine.

There are sometimes offers on the speciality restaurants, always worth asking.

I'm sure you'll hate it ..... hate having to get off after a few days that is !!!! We did our first Celebrity cruise on Coni, after sailing Princess and found it to be fantastic. We are in our late 40's and really enjoyed the evenings on board doing just as you say, stopping in various bars for a drink and catching some entertainment. Met some lovely people on board, great cruise all round. Go and enjoy!!

Also taking a five day in early Jan to get needed point for Elite. Will be on Northern Europe/St. Petersburg in June. Need the freebees. Last three cruises on S class, so will be interesting to see How the Connie compares. Also like the longer cruises, but taking our youngest granddaughter in Jan. She is looking forward to it as long as we aren't in "deep water".

Hello,

DH and I are looking for a short cruise in early 2013. Don't want to do a 7 day cruise. We have to fly wherever we cruise from, as we live in Nebraska. dining is an important factor, as DH likes anytime ding on Princess Cruise line. we've never had traditional seated dining at a specific time. Can anyone provide general info? We've sailed only on Princess (5 times). We haven't attended many of the entertainment shows, just kinda hang out.

We're 40 & 42 and aren't partiers - like to have a cocktail or two, but nothing excessive. We've always enjoyed the people on Princess - most are older than us in age, but not attitude! ;)

Thanks,

We have sailed Princess 4 times and tried X for the 1st time last yr. We cruised the Equinox this yr. and I think you will find the level of CS on board a notch above what Princess delivers though that's not a slight to Princess, just a comment about X. I would say give it try.:)

I live in Mi and always felt if I got to fly I should make it worth the trouble and cost of the flight. Sometimes the fight is more than the cruise.

I would recommend doing a S class ship such as the Solstice, Eclipse, Reflection and etc and a AQ category for a 7 day cruise. The Blu is anytime dining and a cross between dining in the MDR and a specialty dining room. Plus the extra perks are nice.

Thanks

Not too difficult although you do need to reserve. We took a dining package as soon as we boarded and although I can't remember the exact cost, there was a good saving against booking each one individually. Superb food and wonderful service.

Archived