Ultimate Ship Tour

tfox1018

Anyone done the Ultimate Ship Tour on Caribbean Princess? Is it worth the cost?

I've done it on the Coral and the Grand and feel it's worth it. You go to so many places on the ship that a passenger normally wouldn't see plus you get some nice gifts to take home. I'd recommend it.

Anyone done the Ultimate Ship Tour on Caribbean Princess? Is it worth the cost?

I did it on the CB a month ago and it was soooooooo worth it! They only take 12 so sign up right away. There were 11 in our group. It was held on the next to last sea day. We even got to climb up to the funnels. Awesome view. And now I have the warmest, fluffiest robe ever to remember the experience.

Maureen

HI Maureen,

Someone said they switched an apron for the chef's jacket. Which did you get?

We've done it on several ships and plan to do it on the Star this spring. Need to make room for those robes - they almost take up half a suitcase but I love them - so comfy when I need a cruise fix.

Sandy

We did this on the Crown a few years ago and it was great fun. The chef's jacket my DH received was the wrong size and we took it with us on our next cruise and they exchanged it without batting an eye. The best "stop" was the laundry area, the crew there was great fun and even modeled the robe for us. :)

We paid $150 each, but the robes alone are selling for $90. We also got the Chef's jackets and lots of pictures with the captain, head chef, etc. The tour took a couple hours. Just think of it as a shore excursion. Well worth your time and money.

We paid $150 each, but the robes alone are selling for $90. We also got the Chef's jackets and lots of pictures with the captain, head chef, etc. The tour took a couple hours. Just think of it as a shore excursion. Well worth your time and money.

When did you do it? I heard the change was made in the last few months.

We just did the ultimate ship tour on Golden to Hawaii on October 24 sailing and we signed up as soon as we boarded the ship at the passengers service desk. They only signed up 14 people on this ship. It was 150.00, well worth the time spent seeing other parts of the ship! I think the whole experience was great, but my favorite part was being on the bridge with the captain and having champagne and snacks for about 1/2 hour. We received about 6 8x10 group pictures(no cameras or video is allowed while doing the tour-and security was with us during the tour!!), we also received the plush bathrobe that sells for 90.00 in one of the shops onboard and we received the chefs jacket and a personalized notepad from the print shop onboard, and a beautiful 8x10 picture frame! I think everyone should do this at least once--learned a lot and it gives you a better understanding on how the ships operate. I was very impressed and have the most respect for ALL the workers on cruise ships--they are truly amazing!!!!!!:):):):):):)

We just did the ultimate ship tour on Golden to Hawaii on October 24 sailing and we signed up as soon as we boarded the ship at the passengers service desk. They only signed up 14 people on this ship. It was 150.00, well worth the time spent seeing other parts of the ship! I think the whole experience was great, but my favorite part was being on the bridge with the captain and having champagne and snacks for about 1/2 hour. We received about 6 8x10 group pictures(no cameras or video is allowed while doing the tour-and security was with us during the tour!!), we also received the plush bathrobe that sells for 90.00 in one of the shops onboard and we received the chefs jacket and a personalized notepad from the print shop onboard, and a beautiful 8x10 picture frame! I think everyone should do this at least once--learned a lot and it gives you a better understanding on how the ships operate. I was very impressed and have the most respect for ALL the workers on cruise ships--they are truly amazing!!!!!!:):):):):):)

I wish they would lower the price and leave off the bathrobe and chef's jacket. We have enough robes and don't have any use for chef's jackets. Besides, I don't often have room in my luggage for these.

I wish they would lower the price and leave off the bathrobe and chef's jacket. We have enough robes and don't have any use for chef's jackets. Besides, I don't often have room in my luggage for these.

Their cost on the bathrobe and jacket is probably so low, that it wouldn't be worth their time to eliminate them and lower the price. They might eliminate them and keep the price up! Same as the Chef's table. I don't need any more cookbooks - wish they would lower the price but I doubt they ever will. Two single people each get a cookbook but a couple only gets one. Not really fare but it will never change and I certainly don't want to carry two cookbooks home. I'm surprised they give you a discount if you don't drink.

I guess we just play their game

Their cost on the bathrobe and jacket is probably so low, that it wouldn't be worth their time to eliminate them and lower the price. They might eliminate them and keep the price up! Same as the Chef's table. I don't need any more cookbooks - wish they would lower the price but I doubt they ever will. Two single people each get a cookbook but a couple only gets one. Not really fare but it will never change and I certainly don't want to carry two cookbooks home. I'm surprised they give you a discount if you don't drink.

I guess we just play their game

On my last 3 cruises, they had a difficult time filling the tour, so I am not the only one who thinks it is too expensive.

I have yet to hear of anyone who has actually used their Chef's Jacket. My room steward said that many people leave that or both (robe) behind.

On my last 3 cruises, they had a difficult time filling the tour, so I am not the only one who thinks it is too expensive.

I have yet to hear of anyone who has actually used their Chef's Jacket. My room steward said that many people leave that or both (robe) behind.

Coral, I never said I thought it was too expensive. I was just saying that I doubt if they will drop the price.

We are planning to do both the Chef's dinner and the ship's tour on our next cruise.

HI Maureen,

Someone said they switched an apron for the chef's jacket. Which did you get?

We've done it on several ships and plan to do it on the Star this spring. Need to make room for those robes - they almost take up half a suitcase but I love them - so comfy when I need a cruise fix.

Sandy

Hi Sandy - I got the apron and I love it. Very nice color (blue) with the words Princess Cruises and the logo embroidered on the bib, and 2 full pockets across the bottom.

I love my robe and thought I'd have a problem packing but, once I took it out of the wrapper and opened it up I could lay it flat on top of everything and it fit fine. I'm like you, I love to put it on and dream.

We did this tour. Won't do it again. They should drop the price in half and drop the giveaways except for the photos. They have also had problems filling this tour on our last couple of cruises. I think the novelty has worn off. Chef's jacket went to Goodwill.

Archived