Princess new web pages

newparks

What kind of errors are you guys getting? I have Safari 6.0.2 and Firefox 17.0.1 and everything works fine in both of them with no errors.

The only difference I can tell between the two browsers is that the little pop-up detail thing when you mouse over a stateroom has the pointer over the room in Safari and at the top of the room in Firefox.

I even tried in Safari on my iPhone and it works there, but doesn’t do the fancy deck plan thing, just gives you a list instead. I guess because of touch instead of a mouse they couldn’t make it work there.

As for how it works, I kind of like it. At least you have a lot more choices now and can easily see where the rooms are without having to open another window with the deck plans.

One thing I've noticed about the new booking pages, is that the setup is different for sailings before and after May 21, 2013, when the new category types begin. Sailings before 5/21, you still only get 6 cabins show up. But for sailings after 5/21, you get to view all available cabins in a deck plan format.

What kind of errors are you guys getting? I have Safari 6.0.2 and Firefox 17.0.1 and everything works fine in both of them with no errors.

"Error 500" using Firefox 17.0.1 (newest) running on Mac OS 10.6.8 (slightly old) - whether logged in to Princess.com or not. Occurs when specifying the date and clicking "Continue"

Rick

Edited later to add:

Same "error 500:" in Safari 5.1.7 on the same machine

"Error 500" using Firefox 17.0.1 (newest) running on Mac OS 10.6.8 (slightly old) - whether logged in to Princess.com or not. Occurs when specifying the date and clicking "Continue"

Rick

Edited later to add:

Same "error 500:" in Safari 5.1.7 on the same machine

It’s likely a problem on their end, but as a precaution have you tried deleting your cache and cookies for their site? Maybe something didn’t expire and is conflicting with the new pages.

I am on OS X 10.8.2, but I don’t imagine that to have any bearing on your error 500s.

The Princess web site was down this morning and now I know why, they changed their web pages!!!. I was looking at a cruise I am thinking about booking and wanted to look at pricing in different catergories, the pages where you can look at the options have been totally changed. Not too sure I like the changes. What does anyone else think????

I like the new design. It's however, been around before today.....:):):)

Bob

I got the Error 500 in Firefox; I could see it in Explorer.

Very interesting. I liked that you can skip from GG to F without having to back up to the main list of categories.

I don't like that the ship's deck plans opens in a new tab, not a new little window. That means having to toggle back and forth instead of being able to slide the little deck plan window next to the list of open cabins and look at both at the same time.

Also don't like having to now click through two screens to get to the dining choice. Having TD can be a dealbreaker for me on a cruise.

Enfin, rien a fait . . .

I like the new cabin selection page EXCEPT that it shows MY cabin as available:eek:. Yikes--I went to My Princess to make sure I still had my cabin. Yep, I did. I went back to my pretend booking and continued on to book my cabin and then another screen popped up which said that my cabin selection is no longer available. Jeesh--I booked in March. Wouldn't you think the database would be be updated more frequently than every 9 months. I agree that they need a button for "absolutely no upgrade, don't touch my cabin!"

Some of the changes are nice.

• You can now see all cabins available rather than just the six they showed before. However, you need to change decks and location on each deck so can be time consuming.
  • You can choose a "meta" upgrade option.
  • I don't see how you can book a guarantee, unless that category is sold out.

Jury is still out, but it is what it is.

How do you change decks. I pick a category (with that category on 4 decks) and only get 6 cabins on one deck plus guarantee.

How do you change decks. I pick a category (with that category on 4 decks) and only get 6 cabins on one deck plus guarantee.
What sailing date are you looking at? Sailings before May 21, 2013 still show only 6 cabins at a time. Sailings after May 21 show all available cabins on a much more graphic interface.

I get an error using IE9 when trying to look at a cabin category (inside, balcony, etc.) during the booking process. OK with Firefox (unknown version).

Didn't we used to be able to pick a ship on the initial booking page?

Also, I can locate how to book a GTY for cruises before the categories change, but not for cruises after the categories change.

What sailing date are you looking at? Sailings before May 21, 2013 still show only 6 cabins at a time. Sailings after May 21 show all available cabins on a much more graphic interface.

Thanks, I was only looking at April this year. I checked out a later date and it is more comprehensive.

I get an error using IE9 when trying to look at a cabin category (inside, balcony, etc.) during the booking process. OK with Firefox (unknown version).

Didn't we used to be able to pick a ship on the initial booking page?

Also, I can locate how to book a GTY for cruises before the categories change, but not for cruises after the categories change.

Now that I know about the changes, I've been looking at several different cabin choices on different itineraries. I get the sporadic error message using IE9. Haven't tired Safari or Firefox as I don't have them installed on my laptop.....

Bob

The Princess web site was down this morning and now I know why, they changed their web pages!!!. I was looking at a cruise I am thinking about booking and wanted to look at pricing in different catergories, the pages where you can look at the options have been totally changed. Not too sure I like the changes. What does anyone else think????

I'm still experiencing problems with the web site this morning. Anyone else?? Whne I click on a category such as OV then continue, the next page will not display. Is anyone else still having problems????

I'm still experiencing problems with the web site this morning. Anyone else?? Whne I click on a category such as OV then continue, the next page will not display. Is anyone else still having problems????

I'm on there now. I chose a cruise out of FLL for December 2013. I chose the date and the OV catagory. Everything has popped right up. I can now choose my area of the ship and when I choose mid-forward, all availability shows. Not sure what your problem is, but here it's working just fine.

I was having trouble with IE too so I went into the website using Google Chrome and that works well too. Personally, I am a very visual person so I like the new web design. It does have more steps but I still like it.

I use Chrome, and get the error message. All I see is the page with the itinerary after selecting a date. Hit 'continue' and nothing but the error message. Sigh.....:(

At work; the Mac OS is newer (latest 10.8) and the same Firefox runs the site just fine, no errors. The home machine (with OS 10.6) errors out when the Stateroom Location page tries to load.

I haven't noted what version of Java is on each machine, but I'd wager dollars to doughnuts it's the Java that makes the difference.

My 2 cents, worth price charged!!

Rick

Archived