Princess new web pages

newparks

The Princess web site was down this morning and now I know why, they changed their web pages!!!. I was looking at a cruise I am thinking about booking and wanted to look at pricing in different catergories, the pages where you can look at the options have been totally changed. Not too sure I like the changes. What does anyone else think????

The Princess web site was down this morning and now I know why, they changed their web pages!!!. I was looking at a cruise I am thinking about booking and wanted to look at pricing in different catergories, the pages where you can look at the options have been totally changed. Not too sure I like the changes. What does anyone else think????

For me, it looks the same as it did yesterday, UNTIL I get to actually selecting the cabin category. Then it looks different.

Janet

Some of the changes are nice.

• You can now see all cabins available rather than just the six they showed before. However, you need to change decks and location on each deck so can be time consuming.
  • You can choose a "meta" upgrade option.
  • I don't see how you can book a guarantee, unless that category is sold out.

Jury is still out, but it is what it is.

What is a "meta" upgrade??
An upgrade only if it's a better cabin type, not category. Most upgrades are the exact same cabin in a different location, or category. A much smaller percentage are upgraded from an inside to outside, outside to balcony, etc. The latter are "meta" upgrades.

I dislike the new format. Got off Ruby this morning. Went on princess site to check price for my cabin category on Crown sailing next year and found the site badly Carnivalized. Much harder to check price drops now.:(

What the H is Carnivalized? I just went to do a dummy booking for Spring 2014, just to see lots of availability. I think the new site is great; very helpful and you see just what is and what is not available. No guessing.

It definitely looks different. I think for those not familiar with Princess and the cabins, this is definitely a plus.

It does offer the Meta Upgrade. Though - how difficult would it be to also offer "no upgrade" but instead says "call if you wanted to be excluded for any upgrades."

It does offer the Meta Upgrade. Though - how difficult would it be to also offer "no upgrade" but instead says "call if you wanted to be excluded for any upgrades."

I thought the same thing. Just add a line to check that off along with the two upgrade options.

I tried firefox and it worked. I actually liked it because it lays out everything. It also lays out the pricing based on location that we knew that were moving to.

It stil doesn't work on Safari, but I suppose that they will have to fix that soon.

I got error messages in Safari.....

I tried firefox and it worked. I actually liked it because it lays out everything. It also lays out the pricing based on location that we knew that were moving to.

It stil doesn't work on Safari, but I suppose that they will have to fix that soon.

It worked for me in Safari - I am using v5.1.7 (not the latest as I don't like v6 as much).

From a Consumer stand, I think it is a huge improvement. It definitely spells more things out that people seem to miss such as cancel dates and refund schedule.

It worked for me in Safari - I am using v5.1.7 (not the latest as I don't like v6 as much).

From a Consumer stand, I think it is a huge improvement. It definitely spells more things out that people seem to miss such as cancel dates and refund schedule.

I'm running Safari 6.02. I'll bet that's it. Apple has been tinkering with its systems and had made a mess of many internet sites because of it.

At least Firefox works....

I'm running Safari 6.02. I'll bet that's it. Apple has been tinkering with its systems and had made a mess of many internet sites because of it.

Probably. I upgraded at work and then decided against it at home...... They probably tested it weeks/months ago under v5.

Archived