Princess new web pages

newparks

Well, I cleared the cache, I can now view the Princess website booking page with my favorite browser, Firefox, with no trouble. But, Cruise Critic looks like I'm a new member! No thread titles in bold, or red! Not to worry, that won't last long!

I'm sure there must be a thread about this already, but I can't find it on here. I'm just back from a 2 week cruise and this upgrade to the Princess booking tool must have been upgraded while I was gone. I see that some cruises have the "legacy" tool for picking a cabin and then some cruises have the "stateroom selection" tool. I'm looking at a cruise on the Island Princess next fall and it shows me all the cabins available and which ones are sold. I love it. What a great upgrade. I'm sure others have worked with it more than I have, but so far I think it's great.

I dislike the new format. Got off Ruby this morning. Went on princess site to check price for my cabin category on Crown sailing next year and found the site badly Carnivalized. Much harder to check price drops now.:(

I absolutely agree. I check for price drops daily. It now takes at least two minutes longer per day. Cuts into my drinking time.:D

Yes, Dec. 8 change. Legacy tool for post re-cat bookings, stateroom tool for prior. Of note thus far is the absence of the GTY option on Legacy tool, you can only book an available stateroom.

Legacy is for pre re-cat. Legacy being software which has been superseded.

How do you check for price drops now?

On the Princess website, under Saved and Shared Cruises. I have a saved cruise for each cruise we have currently booked. Check it every day. It's a rush to see that the price has dropped. A simple phone call to Princess and they "re-fare" your cruise. I prefer to book directly with Princess.

On the Princess website, under Saved and Shared Cruises. I have a saved cruise for each cruise we have currently booked. Check it every day. It's a rush to see that the price has dropped. A simple phone call to Princess and they "re-fare" your cruise. I prefer to book directly with Princess.

Sweet!

I found it in "My Princess" and added them by the "Find A Cruise" link.

Rick

I was running Mac 10.7x and I got the same errors. So yesterday I upgraded to 10.8 and the errors disappeared.

Call it an "incentive" to upgrade.:rolleyes:

In your case, more like a requirement to upgrade.

Avoiding or jumping on new upgrades can be good or not so good. Software is developed using a particular version of support technology during development. So, the support technology version could be a current or an older version when the software is actually deployed. Support technology being Java, a specific browser, or something like that.

I really like the new format of the website... Just made me want to click that "book" button more!

I did that on several cabins which showed as available on a Ruby TA. Each cabin came back "we are sorry, that cabin is no longer available." I even tried with two different upgrade options, still no availability. I guess Princess does not like this Elite cruiser anymore :eek:.

I did that on several cabins which showed as available on a Ruby TA. Each cabin came back "we are sorry, that cabin is no longer available." I even tried with two different upgrade options, still no availability. I guess Princess does not like this Elite cruiser anymore :eek:.

I am sure through the world of cyber electrons you were known as an Elite cruiser. Not again. Another Elite passenger being so sensitive. You are over 18 years old, right? You are a grownup?

As a "regular" person, I'm very unhappy with the new changes in the Princess website. We have 3 cruise's booked for next year and can't see if the price's have dropped or not :(.

When I click on the saved cruise's in "My Princess" I can see them, but I can't see what's happening with the price's :eek:.

(Cruiser2012, I'm sorry, but you appear to be way off when people are just asking questions).

JMHO,

Fern

As a "regular" person, I'm very unhappy with the new changes in the Princess website. We have 3 cruise's booked for next year and can't see if the price's have dropped or not :(.

When I click on the saved cruise's in "My Princess" I can see them, but I can't see what's happening with the price's :eek:.

(Cruiser2012, I'm sorry, but you appear to be way off when people are just asking questions).

JMHO,

Fern

Fern, The saying goes something like this, "as long as they spell my name right". In this case, say what you will about me, though I do not know to what you are referring, my name is spelled Cruzer2012, not Cruiser2012. :D

One small snag that I notice is that rooms that will accomodate more than 2 people only show as available if you indicate a booking for three or more and don't seem to be available to 2 people in a room. I think this is a minor inconvenience, as they are generally not my first choice, but if there is nothing else available in a location I want, I would consider one and the new system doesn't seem to want to let me have one. I have sailed in one in the past with just 2 of us.

One small snag that I notice is that rooms that will accomodate more than 2 people only show as available if you indicate a booking for three or more and don't seem to be available to 2 people in a room. I think this is a minor inconvenience, as they are generally not my first choice, but if there is nothing else available in a location I want, I would consider one and the new system doesn't seem to want to let me have one. I have sailed in one in the past with just 2 of us.

I didn't find that to be the case. Perhaps it depends on the sailing ... when I was looking at the new pages for our Oct 2013 Coral, I was able to display all the ME minis on the forward part of the Caribe deck, and they all accommodate either 3 or 4, and we are only 2. Maybe they are still fine-tuning the site. I don't recall, however, if the new pages clearly indicate that a cabin will hold 3 or 4 ... I was working from 3rd and 4th info from the old deck plans.

It seems to work for Minis. I was looking at the Riviera Deck aft insides, near the rear terrace, for three different cruises and was surprised to find the entire block of cabins in that location that are set-up for more than 2 people to be already sold, even a year ahead, for all three cruises, as these are usually among the last to sell. We like these cabins near the rear terrace. The 6 aftmost accommodate 2 people and there are 12 cabins ahead of them that will accommodate 3 or 4. In this location I think I would put up with the bed access problems of the rooms with wall mounted bunks, especially for an Inside where the bed is not obscuring the window. With the new categories these rooms have changed from 2nd most expensive Insides to 2nd least expensive. But when I look at available cabins, marking a reservation for 2 people, I can only reserve the 6 aftmost and the others show as 'Sold'. If I change the parameter to 3 people the other 12 cabins become available and the 2 person cabins show as 'Sold', but I am then committed to reserving for 3 people. This also seems to be the case for Outsides and Balconies. Even changing to 'View all stateroom types' doesn't change the situation.

Archived