Princess new web pages

newparks

I was having trouble with IE too so I went into the website using Google Chrome and that works well too. Personally, I am a very visual person so I like the new web design. It does have more steps but I still like it.

I'm still experiencing problems with the web site this morning. Anyone else?? Whne I click on a category such as OV then continue, the next page will not display. Is anyone else still having problems????

I'm having trouble too with IE. Maybe I should install any of the other browsers. Or maybe Princess can fix the problem from their end and make it work with all systems.

Theo

I'm having trouble too with IE. Maybe I should install any of the other browsers. Or maybe Princess can fix the problem

Theo

Go to Java.com and install the latest. This may fix it for you as the problem is on a page that relies on Java. No cost (or risk) to try in any case.

Rick

I'm still experiencing problems with the web site this morning. Anyone else?? Whne I click on a category such as OV then continue, the next page will not display. Is anyone else still having problems????

You are not alne-I can't get past the continue page when I choose a cabin category...

I'm on there now. I chose a cruise out of FLL for December 2013. I chose the date and the OV catagory. Everything has popped right up. I can now choose my area of the ship and when I choose mid-forward, all availability shows. Not sure what your problem is, but here it's working just fine.

Have you found how to book a GTY when looking at a cruise after the date the cabin categories change?

Have we figured out how to book a gty yet?
Guarantee came up once when no cabins were available in that category. Don't see how to book a guarantee with cabins still available.

There is a problem showing booked cabins. On two of our upcoming cruises our cabin shows as available but only after you go further do you get a message saying it is not available. They still have some work to do.

I use Chrome, and get the error message. All I see is the page with the itinerary after selecting a date. Hit 'continue' and nothing but the error message. Sigh.....:(

Same here with Chrome (plus the latest version of Java). IE worked nicely though. I like how it shows you exactly which cabins are still available.

Hopefully they'll come up with a solution to the problems some of us are having in Chrome.

Have we figured out how to book a gty yet?

Have you found how to book a GTY when looking at a cruise after the date the cabin categories change?
Took me a while to discover the extent of the changes...yes the graphics are new on the booking pages, and the main pages have not changed, but I think the real change is this guarantee booking not being listed. There is another thread on the main Princess page discussing the GTY bookings and not being upgraded. I suspect it means Princess will offer far fewer GTY bookings (as in only when a category is nearing sellout) and the vast majority of bookings will now be specific room.

This is a big change from what MANY people are accustomed to on a Princess booking, and the 'loss leaders' pricing of the lowest grades will likely sell out first. It remains to be seen if Princess will then upgrade these bookings in order to open up lower priced rooms as is now done with the GTY bookings or if they will simply close that category to additional bookings. Time will tell!

My iPad shows error when I try to look at it now.I may have to use my main computer to look?Not sure why.

I wonder if that's why I keep getting the error msg that my user name/password isn't correct, when I know it's valid as I've used the same combo for a number of years. This is on my iPad, I haven't tried on my laptop. Obviously it hasn't been that big a deal for me.

At work; the Mac OS is newer (latest 10.8) and the same Firefox runs the site just fine, no errors. The home machine (with OS 10.6) errors out when the Stateroom Location page tries to load.

I haven't noted what version of Java is on each machine, but I'd wager dollars to doughnuts it's the Java that makes the difference.

My 2 cents, worth price charged!!

Rick

You are right. I forced an update (thru java .com) rather than waiting for Java updater and it fixed the problem(Firefox on Windows 7).

We have access to three different browsers on two computers here at home. IE works fine, Google Chrome is fine, but at this time, Firefox gets the error message. I haven't tried clearing the cache yet.

Anyway, I love the new format. Finding your best available cabin is so much easier. No more switching back and forth from the booking site to the deck plans. Very cool.

We have access to three different browsers on two computers here at home. IE works fine, Google Chrome is fine, but at this time, Firefox gets the error message. I haven't tried clearing the cache yet.

Anyway, I love the new format. Finding your best available cabin is so much easier. No more switching back and forth from the booking site to the deck plans. Very cool.

I was getting an error message too until I cleared the caches.

I love it, much easier to navigate and find the cabins rather than the 6 they used to offer you.

Pete

I like the new layout but the Select Flights part has stopped working on IE 9 which is a pain. Anyone else got flights working?

Do you mean at the Details & Availability page? It's working there for me. If you mean during boking, it looks like flights is completely removed and now done in Cruise Personlizer after you've booked a cruise.

At work; the Mac OS is newer (latest 10.8) and the same Firefox runs the site just fine, no errors. The home machine (with OS 10.6) errors out when the Stateroom Location page tries to load.

I haven't noted what version of Java is on each machine, but I'd wager dollars to doughnuts it's the Java that makes the difference.

My 2 cents, worth price charged!!

Rick

I was running Mac 10.7x and I got the same errors. So yesterday I upgraded to 10.8 and the errors disappeared.

Call it an "incentive" to upgrade.:rolleyes:

OK. I've had several issues. I have a brand new MacBook Pro with Lion and the Princess "Find a Cruise" has frozen whenever I tried to look for a cruise. It works in Safari.

However, I've now discovered a big problem. In checking fares as a single, I can choose the "1 passenger" and the first screen shows single passenger rates. When I go to select a cabin, it gives me the double rate and the fares for passenger 1 and passenger 2. So, the new pages aren't really showing single fares. That's a big issue.

OK. I've had several issues. I have a brand new MacBook Pro with Lion and the Princess "Find a Cruise" has frozen whenever I tried to look for a cruise. It works in Safari.

However, I've now discovered a big problem. In checking fares as a single, I can choose the "1 passenger" and the first screen shows single passenger rates. When I go to select a cabin, it gives me the double rate and the fares for passenger 1 and passenger 2. So, the new pages aren't really showing single fares. That's a big issue.

I think in computer lingo it is called a "minor glitch";)

I like the new format as you have more to view than just the 6 cabins. However, today I am not abe to view anything. When I select a date and click on continue to select cabins/category, I get a blank screen saying "website cannot display the page". Had no trouble the last 2 days. This is in IE. Do I need to make a change or is Princess having problems today? I'm not planning to book anything now, just checking on pricing and availability for future dates.

Thanks for any help.

I like the new format as you have more to view than just the 6 cabins. However, today I am not abe to view anything. When I select a date and click on continue to select cabins/category, I get a blank screen saying "website cannot display the page". Had no trouble the last 2 days. This is in IE. Do I need to make a change or is Princess having problems today? I'm not planning to book anything now, just checking on pricing and availability for future dates.

Thanks for any help.

It was the same for me. I just had asked my son and he did something and it works now. When I asked him what the problem was he said he cleared out the browser cache (sp?).

It was the same for me. I just had asked my son and he did something and it works now. When I asked him what the problem was he said he cleared out the browser cache (sp?).

I'm having to clear the cache every time I go back into the site ... kind of frustrating.

Archived