The GRAND TOUR of Celebrity Eclipse & S-Class Ships in Pictures and Video - Part 2

cruisetrail

Hello,

I hope this finds you all well and warm. (I'm in the Northeast and we are in the middle of a snow storm).

All the reviews and Pix are of balcony cabins. So far, there seems to be little (if any) Feedback on Silhouette Inside Cabin? I hope to upgrade as the departure date is closer. Now I am in 9320, slightly aft. Can anyone give me some feedback on this?

Thank you for any assistance, /e. elizabeth0829

Hello Elizabeth and welcome to Cruise Critic.

Basically, your interior cabin will look just like a balcony cabin. Except that it won't have a balcony. All regular cabins on S class ships up to but not including sky suites are basically the same size. Have you looked on the Celebrity website? It has a picture of an inside cabin.

Good luck with your snowstorm!

This is a great thread with lots of pics and info.

We will be in #2106 on Reflection on 3/29. I noticed that OP was not a fan of this location. Has anyone been in this S/R and have any comments about it. Final payment was made so we couldn't do much about it, regardless.

The larger veranda seems like an extra plus to me since I'm recovering from surgery for a broken ankle 6 weeks ago.

• 2 weeks later...

GREAT THREAD. The amount of work that you put into this is staggering. It was very helpful to us in picking cabins. We are booked on Solstice in 9298, was hoping that room on the back of the hump may cut down on the wind a bit, as a June Alaska sailing may not be the warmest. Would be interested in knowing your views...positives and negative for this room, and any photos you may have. I saw there was a previous post with an outside view, but think that was a different ship, and don't know if they correspond the same.

Again though, Thanks for the huge amount of work that you devoted to this thread.

GREAT THREAD. The amount of work that you put into this is staggering. It was very helpful to us in picking cabins. We are booked on Solstice in 9298, was hoping that room on the back of the hump may cut down on the wind a bit, as a June Alaska sailing may not be the warmest. Would be interested in knowing your views...positives and negative for this room, and any photos you may have. I saw there was a previous post with an outside view, but think that was a different ship, and don't know if they correspond the same.

Again though, Thanks for the huge amount of work that you devoted to this thread.

Solstice, Equinox and Eclipse have identical deck plans as far as the cabins go.

Every Balcony Cabin, whether an aqua class, concierge or standard balcony has one of 2 nearly the identical INTERNAL layouts with the only change being whether the bed is by the balcony or whether the sofa is by the balcony. The other differences are minor, such as whether you have footstools. If you can find a picture of one, you found a picture of the other. Of course, there are differences in the actual balconies and locations/views and overhangs.

In this case, the bed is by the bathroom and the sofa is by the balcony. You should have footstools as you're in a C1. They alternate on each deck, so the opposite is true for th cabins on each side and below you.

You can read more actual cabin reviews here:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=911018

Simply search by the cabin number.

Happy Sailing,

Jenna

I hope this finds you well. Cruising in 7263 Silhouette on 6 April 2014. The only reviewed cabin close is one that has a bad reputation (crew door across the hall with much noise early in the AM). :confused: Does anyone have any details on 7263? The spreadsheet is awesome. :) Thank you for all your hard work. It's invaluable. :D /d. brose0829@yahoo.com

This is the Second Part of the Grand Tour of Celebrity Eclipse and other S-Class ships.

The First Part covers:

S-Class ships interior design and layout

Various Cabins: from Inside Cabins to Sky Suites (S2)

Video of the Celebrity Solstice

And more...

The next part is Sky Suite mini-suitescategory S1

A few looks at 7356 on the Eclipse (note: similar cabin may have different numbers on different S-Class ships)

2q234mo.jpg

avj53n.jpg

Nicely appointed cabins.

A strange design feature of the "corner" Sky Suites - load bearing metal posts in the middle of the room.

Not a sign of sophisticated ship design to say the least.

The number of posts varies from 1 to 2 in different cabins of this category.

e6an4o.jpg

dsnlh.jpg

2zh2udw.jpg

What an amazing review. Do you know anything about cabin 2104? We will be sailing on March 22, 2014.

Betty

Any input on Silhouette aft cabin 6289 versus forward cabin 6145? I have seen pictures of 6289 (I think it's a diagonal balcony on the blue deck in the back, slightly largery). I haven't seen any pictures of 6145. How obstructed in 6145? Anyone have pictures (inside and outside)? Another option would possibly be 6302/6303, if they become available.

I made a mistake in the number of my last post inquiry....:o

"I hope this finds you well. Cruising in 7263 Silhouette on 6 April 2014. The only reviewed cabin close is one that has a bad reputation....

I am actually sailing in cabin # 7253. Do you have any information about that cabin? :confused:

Thank you for all your hard work. :D It's invaluable. /d. :D brose0829@yahoo.com

What an amazing review. Do you know anything about cabin 2104? We will be sailing on March 22, 2014.

Betty

2104 is a nice cabin....2105 and 2106 are my favorites when I can get them...stayed in 2106 last year, and booked in 2107 on the Feb 8 cruise. They have larger balconies. However, the location is awesome...quiet, convenient to everything....my favorite location on the Eclipse. Have fun!

Linda

When are you cruising? We booked 7215 for January 25 2014 on Reflection. I would love to see some pics! Hoping its a good choice :-)

We just booked cabin 7217 on the Reflection for March, but was also looking at 7215. When you get back would you give your option?

Hope you have a great cruise.

Vie

2104 is a nice cabin....2105 and 2106 are my favorites when I can get them...stayed in 2106 last year, and booked in 2107 on the Feb 8 cruise. They have larger balconies. However, the location is awesome...quiet, convenient to everything....my favorite location on the Eclipse. Have fun!

Linda

Linda

Thank you for replying. My Sister-in-Law has 2106 next to us so I will pass on your comments.

Betty Francis

9270 1A Eclipse- anyone??

This is 9270 on Silhouette (same position as on Eclipse) which has bed by the bath. I have mostly pics of balcony as most cabins are laid out the same except for bed position. Love the 3X balcony!

DSC02454.jpg

Your view forward :

DSC02450.jpg

this is an awesome thread.thankyou! must admit i am thoroughly confused though. are 8279 and 8199 cat 1A on eclipse the 2x deeper balconies or 3x deeper? are they good views and location? thanks much. have been reading for a few hours and did not come across that info yet ;)

This thread is magnificent, thanks Cruisetrail. :D Great to see the pix and read the info on these cabins. Are the S ships laid out pretty much the same? If I looked at 7253 on one of the other S-class ships, would it be the same as the Silhouette? :confused: I'm going on the Silhouette in April in # 7253, anybody got info or pix of it? I'd especially like to see one of those pix of the outside of the ship detailing where the cabin is located...:) thank you all for your posts, I am learning so much by reading for the past couple of hours. /Elizabeth0829 :D

This thread has been incredibly helpful as I've spent far too much time researching cabins. I'm hoping for a 1B on the 9th deck on port side with the bed near the bath. I'm taking an Australia/NZ cruise on Solstice in Nov 14 heading north from Sydney...assuming port cabins will provide better views cruising up the NZ coast. My question....If I choose 9233 on the hump is our door directly across from the entrance to the elevator/stairs and thus too noisy? I'm torn between a balcony without lifeboats underneath but noise from the elevator/stairs or 9147 in the forward section but too windy and cooler in Nov. Willing to go to 1A for a 9155 but not sure that's any better. Thoughts?

This thread has been incredibly helpful as I've spent far too much time researching cabins. I'm hoping for a 1B on the 9th deck on port side with the bed near the bath. I'm taking an Australia/NZ cruise on Solstice in Nov 14 heading north from Sydney...assuming port cabins will provide better views cruising up the NZ coast. My question....If I choose 9233 on the hump is our door directly across from the entrance to the elevator/stairs and thus too noisy? I'm torn between a balcony without lifeboats underneath but noise from the elevator/stairs or 9147 in the forward section but too windy and cooler in Nov. Willing to go to 1A for a 9155 but not sure that's any better. Thoughts?

if your first stop in NZ is Auckland then land is on the starboard side going south. I hope this helps you. :-)

Thanks to everyone who has posted on this thread. Lots of great photos and information.

Based on the information here (as well as my fuzzy memory from sailing other S-Class ships) I just booked a 2B cabin (7192) on the Equinox. It's on the starboard side (ie, the non-smoking side) and appears to have no issues with lifeboats or other obstructions.

Any thoughts/comments on this choice would be appreciated. We've previously been in 8125 on the Silhouette and 7118 on the Solstice. Both were fine however further forward on the ship than 7192. Definitely no issues with lifeboats.

Spectacular!!!! I can't applaud you enough Cruisetail.

Special thanks for reminding me how very much I love Holland American and how very much I do not care for Celebrity.

I have sailed on Solstice and Silhouette. Stark, cold, wasted open space. Cheap feel to cabins. Staff with attitude. Just my humble opinion. Everybody's got one.

Spectacular!!!! I can't applaud you enough Cruisetail.

Special thanks for reminding me how very much I love Holland American and how very much I do not care for Celebrity.

I have sailed on Solstice and Silhouette. Stark, cold, wasted open space. Cheap feel to cabins. Staff with attitude. Just my humble opinion. Everybody's got one.

I don't want to go back and read every page on here. Can you please comment as to why HAL is much better than Celebrity? In no way do I mean this in a negative manner. I had a TA who told me the best and only way to cruise Alaska was HAL. Since we are fairly new to crusing there are ships I know I would not sail on for sure.

Please do me a favor and elaborate. I would appreciate it. I've been looking at other cruises and I really don't have the time to go through all the threads on the HAL forum.