The GRAND TOUR of Celebrity Eclipse & S-Class Ships in Pictures and Video - Part 2

cruisetrail

Celebrity Suites (12 cabins) on the Celebrity Eclipse.

These are "two window suites".

2vjaa0y.jpg

1zxrxn4.jpg

2ezkb5f.jpg

The bedroom has no window.

i57tww.jpg

2vt4h8y.jpg

Next is: Celebrity Suite balcony

Wow, what a great thread! Does anyone know if the living area (couch) faces the windows in all of the Celebrity suites?

I seem to remember a picture of one in a different layout where it did not.

To the OP - thanks for such and entertaining and informative thread - even if you 'hit a few waves' along the way!! Personally I have always loved ships in particular the grand lines of the Transatlantic era of the 30/40/50's. Boy to have sailed on the Normandie - now that would be worth a thread or two in discussion! Thus I did enjoy the quick sideline comparison of the some of 'grand dames' on the seas today. I understand the logic but I am still favour the look of a ship when it looks like a ship rather than a floating fun palace.

But i digress - I am looking forward to my first cruise on a 'modern' ship in a balcony cabin. Am on Solstice in starboard C2 grade cabin 1122 aft of the hump. It's 3rd one along so the balcony is not as big as the 2/4th cabins but it is still roomier than stand yes? I'm looking out to swap over to port side cabin 1243 - I am limited as there are 4 of us and not many C2 cabins offer extra berths (and even then no upper berths which would save a bit of space).

Cruisetrail, if you have further detail/pics on above cabins would appreciate viewing them.

I chose aft of the hump thinking it would be less prone to wind than a angle cabin forward of the hump. Would this be a reasonable assumption or could I safely consider cabin 1108 also (all others are suites on Sky Deck).

Thanks!

To the OP - thanks for such and entertaining and informative thread - even if you 'hit a few waves' along the way!! Personally I have always loved ships in particular the grand lines of the Transatlantic era of the 30/40/50's. Boy to have sailed on the Normandie - now that would be worth a thread or two in discussion! Thus I did enjoy the quick sideline comparison of the some of 'grand dames' on the seas today. I understand the logic but I am still favour the look of a ship when it looks like a ship rather than a floating fun palace.

But i digress - I am looking forward to my first cruise on a 'modern' ship in a balcony cabin. Am on Solstice in starboard C2 grade cabin 1122 aft of the hump. It's 3rd one along so the balcony is not as big as the 2/4th cabins but it is still roomier than stand yes? I'm looking out to swap over to port side cabin 1243 - I am limited as there are 4 of us and not many C2 cabins offer extra berths (and even then no upper berths which would save a bit of space).

Cruisetrail, if you have further detail/pics on above cabins would appreciate viewing them.

I chose aft of the hump thinking it would be less prone to wind than a angle cabin forward of the hump. Would this be a reasonable assumption or could I safely consider cabin 1108 also (all others are suites on Sky Deck).

Thanks!

1243 has the largest balcony. That would be my choice for a cabin for three.

1243 on the Solstice

2unu2ac.jpg

1120 on the Silhouette (same as 1243 on the other side).

1st & 3rd from the hump are the largest:

2ikec00.jpg

Your pictures are great! Do you have any of the Reflection 6282 and 6246-6258??

1243 has the largest balcony. That would be my choice for a cabin for three.

1243 on the Solstice

2unu2ac.jpg

1120 on the Silhouette (same as 1243 on the other side).

1st & 3rd from the hump are the largest:

2ikec00.jpg

Thanks Cruisetrail. Such detailed pics of the balcony/location are worth their weight in gold - the simplified deck plans the Cruise company's provide 'hide' such details.

1120 doesn't show as having extra bedding for 3/4 pax. 1143 does but its not showing available for my cruise. I've got some time, will keep my eye on it! ALthough I dont think 1122 is too bad. Maybe I could get the kids to sleep out on the balcony if we are too squished ..ha :-)

Question - after having looked at photos and comments. We are booked into 6305 and realize blue roof is below us but being aft and corner should still be able to see off the back and along the side. Comments?? The Tuscan Grill below but don't think that should bother too much. Also don't think should be bothered by smoke??

Actually, it's the first and third cabins off the hump that have the largest balconies.

Thanks Linda! I mustve missed your post originally but made me realised I had foot n mouth in my original post:D I did mean to refer to 1st/3rd cabins having the bigger balcony - and 1122 is the 2nd (piggy in the middle:p). Still a good size - but I have time (OCT 2014) to keep checking if I can change!

We need 2 cabins side by side eastern Caribbean itinerary on the Reflection We already booked 8252 and 8254 starboard side class 1A. Now on the website we may have concierge class at the same price port side but not in the middle of the boat cabins 1645 and 1647. Please advice us. Thank you

Question - after having looked at photos and comments. We are booked into 6305 and realize blue roof is below us but being aft and corner should still be able to see off the back and along the side. Comments?? The Tuscan Grill below but don't think that should bother too much. Also don't think should be bothered by smoke??

Not sure what ship the picture is from below but I think you'll enjoy the cabin. Have you checked the S-Class cabin sticky to see what other people have said about it?

genericEQaft-vi.jpg

Edited by RickT

We need 2 cabins side by side eastern Caribbean itinerary on the Reflection We already booked 8252 and 8254 starboard side class 1A. Now on the website we may have concierge class at the same price port side but not in the middle of the boat cabins 1645 and 1647. Please advice us. Thank you

I would stick with what you have already booked. Better location and larger balconies. 1645 and 1647 are Aqua Class (not Concierge), so if you are interested in dining in Blu and using the spa facilities, then the switch would make sense. The cabins themselves are the same size. It is definitely a personal choice. Either way, I'm sure you will have a great cruise!

Edited by gimletgal

Not knowing what ship you are on:

6305 on Solstice, Equinox and Eclipse is a Sky Suite.

6305 on Reflection and Silhouette is a 2B.

You should be fine with any of the ships. The photo posted would be any of the first 3 ships. You will not be anywhere near any smoke in that location, on any of the 5 ships. Enjoy!

• 3 weeks later...
Habits and mentality.

People most likely expect cruise vacation diaries on these boards.

They don't expect expert reviews here.

This is not my vacation diary (OMG, I had chicken soup on Day 2).

This is a review of the ship.

Why do I spend so much time?

Why do people write books, perform research?

I am an engeneer and a travel professional.

This is my field.

That's why I spend time writing about ships.

This is a research.

It's not intended to please this board regulars.

It's for everyone who is interested in cruise ships and cruise line business.

And of course it's for those who is going to take a cruise on Celebrity S-Class ships.

Happy cruising!

Thank you! I'm sorry you have had to deal with people and their attitudes.....one of the reasons I'm primarily a reader on CC and not much of a poster. Here you are trying genuinely to help people and they attack you for what you have to say which is based in fact and backed up with photos even! If they feel your opinions are unfair then they need to take it for what it is....an opinion....we all have them and you know what they say about opinions :)

Yesterday I held a room on an X cruise (which will be our first) because according to the deck plans on the X site it looked to be a good one. Then I got to researching and came across this thread and learned it is anything but because it was on deck 6 and we'd have a lovely view of life boats and tenders while cruising the mediterranean. So, I kept reading and looking at your very helpful photos. I canceled that hold and rebooked a much, much, much better room in the same category for the same price. Without you taking so much time to be thorough here we may have shown up for that cruise and been very disappointed.

I'm currently on page 19 so back to reading I go! Thanks again. This was/is a tremendous effort on your part.

We will be on the Reflection in December in aqua cabins 2149 and 2151. I see from your pictures that there is a support beam at the end of the two balconies. Will we be able to get our stateroom attendant to open it? I don't think it will be able to be open like the rest of the balconies, but hopefully, we will have enough of an opening to walk from one balcony to the other balcony.

Thank you for all of the information and the pictures. I have spent hours reading this whole thread. It is full of good information. We have had a large overhang on the Jewel of the Seas. We don't mind the overhang because we like having quick access to the pool area. Both balconies will be deeper due to being on the hump.

what are your thoughts on eclipse 9192, too far forward? I am in this cabin for a transatlantic and I am afraid it is too far forward and more movement will be felt. Thanks, and I love love love this thread and appreciate your knowledge.

• 2 weeks later...
9382 has a wider balcony.

Note that aft balconies are not as deep as those on the sides of the ship.

1695baf.jpg

Thankyou so much for all your pictures and information. We are going on a ta this november in 9382, is the balcony totally uncovered? If not about what percentage is covered? How about soot in these cabins?

Thankyou once again for all your help

Thankyou so much for all your pictures and information. We are going on a ta this november in 9382, is the balcony totally uncovered? If not about what percentage is covered? How about soot in these cabins?

Get back to your roll call thread ! :p

Here a picture looking down

umanate4.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Guys.

My wife and I are madly researching a Med Cruise on the Silhouette for our upcoming 40th wedding anniversary. Wondering if one of you kind people could recommend a midships verandah stateroom on either Deck 6 or 8 which is unobstructed with great views. First time on Celebrity and really looking forward to it.

Thanks so much.

Bob & Chris from AUSTRALIA.:):):)

What a wonderful thread this has been. One question please. You show A1 cabin 1552 with the window washing equipment right outside.

The photo was of Silhouette, do you know if it is outside 1552 on Eclipse as we were told by our t/a that we have a 10% obstructed view.

It certainly looks more than that to me!

I have looked on the cabin spread sheet, but I did not find it too helpful the photos are much better.

Thanks anyone who can help.