The GRAND TOUR of Celebrity Eclipse & S-Class Ships in Pictures and Video - Part 2

cruisetrail

Cruisetrail or anyone else, i do need your help. We booked a 2C cabin which is a cabin with a partially obstructed view on deck 6. What do you think is the best 2C cabin on Reflection? Thanks for any input!

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Here is a link to a spreadsheet from the sticky post at the top of these boards which poster Librarylady19 has tirelessly put together. I honestly think you'd be better off looking here than asking for advice from the author of this thread who hasn't stayed in the cabins. If you go to the menu headings for the category you can also select 2C so it only brings up cabins in that category. There are lots of reports on that particular stateroom type. You can look at the pictures here too, but I can't imagine setting myself up to give advice to others like the OP does without first hand experience of the particular cabins. Caveat emptor:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/lv?key=0AtHczoNeooladEEyVmQwWmJhaGItbFZPUFNudTFZcEE

Phil

Cruisetrail or anyone else, i do need your help. We booked a 2C cabin which is a cabin with a partially obstructed view on deck 6. What do you think is the best 2C cabin on Reflection? Thanks for any input!

For a 2c I would look at a cabin just above the restaurant , Blu & Qsine

Spent 2 weeks in one on a TA, enjoyed the large balcony

Here is a link to a spreadsheet from the sticky post at the top of these boards which poster Librarylady19 has tirelessly put together. I honestly think you'd be better off looking here than asking for advice from the author of this thread who hasn't stayed in the cabins.

Phil

I think many people prefer photographic evidence, which isn't really left open to interpretation!

I would take cruisetails photos over a spreadsheet any day. Photographs are the best proof of all...commentary is subject to the opinion of the writer.

I think many people prefer photographic evidence, which isn't really left open to interpretation!

I would take cruisetails photos over a spreadsheet any day. Photographs are the best proof of all...commentary is subject to the opinion of the writer.

You missed off an important part of my post in your quote:

You can look at the pictures here too, but I can't imagine setting myself up to give advice to others like the OP does without first hand experience of the particular cabins. Caveat emptor:

If I had the choice of reading a variety of actual experiences of a cabin over those from someone who hadn't stayed in it and based their opinion on it looking at a photo I know which I'd chose. Photos are a help, but they don't tell the whole story.

Phil

From my first-hand experience, obstructed 6240 and 6241 are still an attraction within 2C category: largest balcony, midship location and proximity to stairs.

6240 on Celebrity Reflection

2krc7b.jpg

Celebrity Reflection

2gyan2v.jpg

6288-6304 and 6289-6305 have less direct obstructions but have a huge blue roof in front of the balconyies.

Depending on where and when you cruise, the roof may radiate additional heat.

These balconies are deeper than standard, but partially exposed.

Most private are 6302, 6304, 6303, 6305. The very aft ones have less views aft.

Celebrity S-Class ships lack one elevators bunk (must be at least three), so there is a long walk from the stairs to the aft cabins.

Enjoy the cabin you have selected!

Edited by cruisetrail

Cruisetrail, I would like to join the many number of posters that wish to thank you for all your input and wonderful photos...you're a great source of very useful information for many of us! I truly can't understand why the bashers continue to follow your thread if they don't agree with your viewpoints...must have too much time on their hands!

Anyway, I was wondering if you have photos of cabins 6246 and 6248 on the Silhouette.

And, please keep posting!

Sam

Don`t you guys have anything better to do than trolling the OP???

Get over it - Go spread your negativity somewhere else.

I cant believe the Hosts keep allowing this.......

As far as my posts to this thread are concerned I am not trolling. I'm actually trying to be helpful in pointing out to people visiting this thread that there are other useful resources on this board to look at. That's why I posted a link to one of them. I would also hate someone to stress over a "bad" cabin in the belief that the OP offers definitive cabin advice, which is certainly the impression they give.

Phil

Edited by excitedofharpenden

Don`t you guys have anything better to do than trolling the OP???

Get over it - Go spread your negativity somewhere else.

I cant believe the Hosts keep allowing this.......

If you think that there are people trolling the OP, just hit the triangle at the top right of the post & report it to the hosts. They will decide if the post should be removed.

Hope this helps.

As far as my posts to this thread are concerned I am not trolling. I'm actually trying to be helpful in pointing out to people visiting this thread that there are other useful resources on this board to look at. That's why I posted a link to one of them. I would also hate someone to stress over a "bad" cabin in the belief that the OP offers definitive cabin advice, which is certainly the impression they give.

Phil

Phil, I was not referring to your post. It just amazes me that almost all threads has to turn somewhat "sour".

I don't agree with everything the OP says about cabins to avoid etc but I do appreciate the huge effort he has put into taking the pictures. They do tell more than the famous 1000 words.

The spreadsheet from Library Lady is a huge resource which I use often.

Together with the spreadsheet I think these two threads compliments each others perfectly.

(PS! I take it you had a fantastic day with Garry & Bob the other week;):))

Edited by I-Cruiser

Had a great lunch. Much talk of cruises and possibly Reflection next year. Oh and to keep us on topic, cabins too;) I know they loved Norway and the day spent with you.

Phil

With all the wonderful cabins on the Reflection I am sure it will be a great cruise.:)

Phil

That is my only point also. As I have said, the OP's photos are very helpful and his organizational skills are amazing. I would just hate to see someone making a choice based on the labeling of the cabins and one man's opinion. It's important to also listen to people who have actually been in the cabins. The views and experience from the inside are often much different that just looking at a photo from the outside which is a whole different perspective.

From my first-hand experience, obstructed 6240 and 6241 are still an attraction within 2C category: largest balcony, midship location and proximity to stairs.

2krc7b.jpg

Celebrity Reflection

2gyan2v.jpg

6288-6304 and 6289-6305 have less direct obstructions but have a huge blue roof in front of the balconyies.

Celebrity S-Class ships lack one elevators bunk (must be at least three), so there is a long walk from the stairs to the aft cabins.

Any thoughts on 1069..this is our first Celebrity Cruise...others have been mostly HAL. thanks in advance

2krc7b.jpg

Celebrity Reflection

2gyan2v.jpg

Looks like these pictures go to 6288---do you have a picture of 6282? We need a three person room and were ok somewhat aft for the exercise :-)

Much appreciated!!

Any thoughts on 1069..this is our first Celebrity Cruise...others have been mostly HAL. thanks in advance

1069 is forward so sometimes a little more motion felt in forward cabins. It's not usually a big difference. Close to elevators and stairs which is convenient. It's a normal sized balcony but you may find the view of the bridge interesting. You'll be able to see some activity, especially when docking.

Edited by Ma Bell

With all the resources available to us via the internet, no one really books anything anymore just from a photograph. People look at the photos and learn what they can from others. That's what reviews are for and the internet is chock full of all sorts information. Choosing to book a cabin just from a photo and without augmenting it with available information or a review from those who can share the inside experience, is like missing out on valuable and helpful information.

While on board, you won't be cruising looking at your cabin from the outside like in a photo before your cruise. You'll be cruising from inside your cabin and that's the real experience, the one you have to live with all your time on board. The photo that precedes or assists in a cabin selection is an aspect of looking at life on board and the planned cruise experience.

What has been made abundantly clear in the last few pages of this thread is that cabins that were potentially ones to avoid, speaking strictly by way of the cruise line's disclaimer's when labeling some of them as obstructed for example, are actually some pretty good cabins. Despite some limitations, there is no refuting that which has been reported by guests who have been lived in them and have been generous enough to leave a review for other's consideration that make them much less ones to avoid.

The same can be said of many cabins that are impacted by proximity to public areas. Diligent reviews of deck plans will tell you what you need to know about your planned location. Many will be happy to share what was good about a location and what was not so good about a location or how it impacted them since they actually lived it. Outside in approaches can fall short to first hand information from those who have lived it.

It's really the sum of all the parts and the weave of the fabric is made up of many fibers. Not just one or two.

:)

The OP said something about this "modern Ikea look" of the Celebrity cabins. Do you guys agree?

I never sailed with Celebrity before so I can not compare. We cruised with the MSC Divina (cat 6) though, but i do expect more of a Celebrity cabin :-)

The OP said something about this "modern Ikea look" of the Celebrity cabins. Do you guys agree?

I never sailed with Celebrity before so I can not compare. We cruised with the MSC Divina (cat 6) though, but i do expect more of a Celebrity cabin :-)

The decor is modern...straight, simple lines, light wood...

NOT cheap, just modern...

Pretty much the same decor we had in our room at the Stockholm Hilton (not cheap either)...

It's not the taste I'd decorate my home in...but I don't own this, I'm only renting it...all in all, it's in much better taste and much better stuff than any Carnival ship...it's actually better decorated than any Princess ship I've been in as well...

You are not necessarily going to get decor that matches your own taste in every ship cabin or hotel room you ever book...

But to call it "Ikea" is to suggest it's cheap and poorly constructed...and that it's not...

Again, the OP's opinions are strictly his own...and clearly, he's not a Celebrity fan (no accounting for taste there)...and he hasn't gone on that many Celebrity cruises.

I prefer, for example, the decor on Oceania (a little more traditional), but I don't have any problem with Celebrity's furnishings overall...The cabins are large and comfortable...though they could use a bit more storage...I'll take them over the vinyl couches and cheap gaudy furniture on Carnival or the Princess balcony cabins that don't even have a sofa!

Edited by Bruin Steve

Cat. 6 on Divina are "economy" cabins - smaller cabins & smaller balconies.

You can compare standard cabins on the Divina with Celebrity, not cat. 6.

Cabins - this is where Celebrity has least points (if any) over MSC.

In a few words - cabins squeezed in width to fit more cabins on the deck > no space for closets by the entrance > storage moves to the "bedroom area" taking space of night stands.

The closet in bedroom is still too small, so more storage space arranged above the bed (!) - IKEA-style ideas of adaptable furniture for limited spaces. Simple materials.

Although not a "modern luxury" by any stretch, Celebrity S-Class cabins are nicely appointed for the space provided. Bathrooms are very nice too.

IKEA comparison is not mine. I saw it in some reviews and found it interesting.

Detailed analysis of Celebrity cabins - from this post and on.

Edited by cruisetrail

The OP has extensive pictures of the interior of the ship on his Part 1 page here: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1743821&page=8

If you go to page 8 at the bottom of the page are some really good pictures of Solstice class cabin interiors.