The GRAND TOUR of Celebrity Eclipse & S-Class Ships in Pictures and Video - Part 2

cruisetrail

[quote name=MizDemeanor;39840926 I am quite certain that I did not make a false statement about the ship. Quite certain. But just for fun' date=' and splitting hairs and going along with your train of thought since you seem to have an issue with the cruise line pricing for some of the red cabins as 1A rather than 2D, aren't these 1A's larger balconies? Aren't these larger balcony cabins also on lower decks for those who prefer lower decks due to motion issues?

[/quote]

To save your and my time please review your post and my answer.

Thanks!

To whom it may concern

These photos are to conclude the annoying off-topic "experience" mantra.

With all the respect I would prefer to continue the review but skip questions and comments not related to the ships.

Friends, let's talk about the ships.

:)

1zfsy6r.jpg

Left: Celebrity S-Class - a view from 6215 (Cat. 1A)____________________________ Right: a "no name" cruise ship

28uk4td.jpg

Edited by cruisetrail

]The dividers (I doubt they're glass[/color]) are NOT removable. They fold back and attach to the rest of the partition with clips. This must be done by your stateroom attendant (requires a special tool).

Yes, this applies to all balconies. On S class ships only.

They are made of tempered glass

Edited by Airbalancer

The dividers are not flimsy and you can't see through them. They are also not "removable". They fold back and lock in place. Actually very well done.

The rubber mounts ( stops) are getting dry out , you may have to use a piece of cardboard between the door and the mount to keep the door from shaking which can be noise

So, after enduring that side show, forgive some of us for being more than a bit dubious as to his actual credentials, and instead believe that he forms his opinions based on looking at photos on the internet. I hate to see people being deceived by anyone, whether by a crooked sales person, a scam artist, or an unsubstantiated "expert".

You have made your point several times- we get it. Why do you continue to follow this thread and make rude comments? I hardly think cruisetrail qualifies as a scam artist. I don't care if he's never set foot on the ship- the pictures he has amassed are some of the best I've seen, and they are helping me (and lots of others) make decisions on cabins.

Cruisetrail is entitled not only to his opinion, but to share his opinion as well. He isn't breaking any rules, and lots of us are finding his comparisons to other ships interesting and thought provoking. So please, kindly leave him to finish his review!

Cruisetail...any photos of 1077 on Silhouette?

Edited by micmacmissy

Quick note to those interested in the Balcony Dividers on the S Class ships...as already answered, they do fold back, and you do need your cabin steward to take care of this for you, naturally only with cabins with both parties consenting.

The detail to be be mentioned is that the glass portion (not at all flimsy by any strectch) that folds back does so only partially. In other words when folded back, the two balconies will still remain bisected by the stationary metal partition that the folding glass extends from. The balcony will not be one gigantic open expanse, if that is what anyone is envisioning, it will open sufficently enough to be walked through for going back and forth.

Works quite well in that regard, but there are some limits to say setting up the tables and chairs in a wide open fashion if that is what one is looking for. Best bet to accomplish that would be to move all of the furniture towarard the glass rail/balcony end.

Hope this helps. :)

To whom it may concern

These photos are to conclude the annoying off-topic "experience" mantra.

With all the respect I would prefer to continue the review but skip questions and comments not related to the ships.

Friends, let's talk about the ships.

:)

1zfsy6r.jpg

Left: Celebrity S-Class - a view from 6215 (Cat. 1A)____________________________ Right: a "no name" cruise ship

28uk4td.jpg

Cruisetrail-

I recognize that blue chair on your "no name" cruise ship. Just to let you know - the "no name" company has rectified that lovely view on their newest ship.

They have put the tenders/lifeboats out just like Celebrity . :(

:(

:(

Edited by chamima

Our first ever cruise is on Celebrity eclipse. I thought I had done my homework when booking the cabin (not near the lifts etc) but having read this these comments I'm not sure. I called my TA who has assured me there are no obstructions and we have a nice view 7195 - anyone know where we sleeping !:confused:

Quick note to those interested in the Balcony Dividers on the S Class ships...as already answered, they do fold back, and you do need your cabin steward to take care of this for you, naturally only with cabins with both parties consenting.

The detail to be be mentioned is that the glass portion (not at all flimsy by any strectch) that folds back does so only partially. In other words when folded back, the two balconies will still remain bisected by the stationary metal partition that the folding glass extends from. The balcony will not be one gigantic open expanse, if that is what anyone is envisioning, it will open sufficently enough to be walked through for going back and forth.

Works quite well in that regard, but there are some limits to say setting up the tables and chairs in a wide open fashion if that is what one is looking for. Best bet to accomplish that would be to move all of the furniture towarard the glass rail/balcony end.

Hope this helps. :)

Very helpful clarification - thanks!

We will be sure to have the cabin steward take care of this on the first day.

Our first ever cruise is on Celebrity eclipse. I thought I had done my homework when booking the cabin (not near the lifts etc) but having read this these comments I'm not sure. I called my TA who has assured me there are no obstructions and we have a nice view 7195 - anyone know where we sleeping !:confused:

Cabins on deck 6 in this area are obstructed by tenders.

7195 is one deck above - you'll have a tender right below-in front.

In a few words.

Best balconies:

1. Extra deep slanted balconies from deck 7 and up - first from the both humps (not those "not so extra deep" second from the hump) - due to extra large balconies, not bad views and midship location (middle hump).

2. Middle hump standard balconies from deck 7 and up - due to good views and midship location

3. Aft part of the front hump - best views on the ship, the only part of the ship with "as should be" balconies. A bit (if any) more motion.

All three are worth attention.

Some prefer larger slanted balconies, some prefer absolute views and more privacy on the front hump.

Other balconies (the majority) have various "additions" to sea view in the form of lifeboats (close or less close), the overhang (close or less close) and humps (humps are good for those on the humps, not for those that are near :)).

For the areas affected by the "additions" the best position is "as far as possible" from both - decks 8-9 between humps, decks 8-9-10 from the midlle hump aft (for the Reflection - the ship with an added deck - all 8-9-10).

7195 is not bad.

However, there are better options.

Enjoy your cruise.

Edited by cruisetrail

In a few words.

Best balconies:

1. Extra deep slanted balconies from deck 7 and up - first from the both humps (not those "not so extra deep" second from the hump) - due to extra large balconies, not bad views and midship location (middle hump).

2. Middle hump standard balconies from deck 7 and up - due to good views and midship location

3. Aft part of the front hump - best views on the ship, the only part of the ship with "as should be" balconies. A bit (if any) more motion.

Some prefer larger slanted balconies, some prefer absolute views and more privacy on the front hump.

Other balconies (the majority) have various "additions" to sea view in the form of lifeboats (close or less close), the overhang (close or less close) and humps (humps are good for those on the humps, not for those that are near :)).

For the areas affected by the "additions" the best position is "as far as possible" from both - decks 8-9 between humps.

7195 is not bad.

Enjoy your cruise.

Not sure what this means. :confused:

We were in 1548 on a previous cruise and it seemed to have great views but we heard noises in the early morning which we attributed to the large rolling carts that bring towels into the indoor pool area so we booked 1544 for next cruises. (I think that's under the retail store in the spa area)

Is that the area you are referring to?

Not sure what this means. :confused:

We were in 1548 on a previous cruise and it seemed to have great views but we heard noises in the early morning which we attributed to the large rolling carts that bring towels into the indoor pool area so we booked 1544 for next cruises. (I think that's under the retail store in the spa area)

Is that the area you are referring to?

chamima :), I have to run to work!

Hell, who designed this ship!

It's not possible to explain anything "in a few words".

There are always complications, clarifications, "on condition"...

Yes, "aft part of the front hump" - except possibly the very aft on the very top deck that needs more clarification on what is above those four cabins.

It has been covered earlier in the review and also by a general rule - cabins above and below.

Thanks.

Edited by cruisetrail

Just curious if you have any pictures of 6282 on Reflection?? Much appreciated!

In a few words.

Best balconies:

For the areas affected by the "additions" the best position is "as far as possible" from both - decks 8-9 between humps, decks 8-9-10 from the midlle hump aft (for the Reflection - the ship with an added deck - all 8-9-10).

7195 is not bad.

Enjoy your cruise.

We are first time Celebrity travelers...booked for 14 day Southern Carib in November 2014. We are in 1069. Any thoughts??

We love, love, love your pics and commentary.

Thanks in advance.

You will enjoy. We are booked on the 11/10/14 sailing on the Equinox. This is my second Celebrity cruise. The cabins on Celebrity are the best. We sail on NCL as well. My first was in AQ and we are booked AQ on the 2014 sailing as well. Blu made the difference.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Thank you so much for all the photos Cruisetrail.

We have booked 6214 on the Eclipse for next year & I take it the pics of 6215 you have posted will be the same on the starboard side.

R

I guess I don't quite understand. Those are cabins that are designated to AVOID in the photo. Would you have booked this from the photo with the label or was it all the first-hand reports from people who have sailed in the cabin and thought it was great?