The GRAND TOUR of Celebrity Eclipse & S-Class Ships in Pictures and Video - Part 2

cruisetrail

Cruisetrail, great pictures and reviews ... do you have any pictures or reviews on FV8107 on the Silhouette ... we have booked this for October Venice - Rome cruise ... just 2 of us ..

Thanks ...

Here are some photos by Andreas Depping. He has some of the best photos of Celebrity and other ships available.

http://www.depping-design.de/test/thumbnails.php?album=187

Dear Readers!

I have been off this thread for a while.

Some requests for cabin pictures are waiting for answers.

I am still busy with another ongoing project, but I will be back to bring your pictures and to complete the review.

Colors (red, yellow, green) are of course my opinion and recommendation.

Green - because it's obviously a good option

Yellow - because it's so-so

Red - because there are much better options

However, this is based on general considerations that are a norm for cruise industry - cabins above and below and on both sides.

It's not necessary to explain why.

There was a poster here who did not agree with me about a cabin under a public restroom. Ha stated that there were no problem.

My opinion - for some inexplicable reasons I don"t want to live under public toilet and do not recommned it to my friends.

Needless to add that some posters reported what they heard from above the ceiling.

Is it a bad thing to remind that a public restroom will be above?

I think it's a good thing.

The most important thing that some nasty posters fail to take in consideration:

I am not posting just words, I am posting photos - that are documented ship facts.

Everyone can look at them and find things that are important for the reader.

You like the huge overhang?

I find it irritating and depressing.

You like it? You don't mind undustrial struts on your balcony? Deep shade is what you are looking for?

No problem.

Skip my comment about "irritating and depressing" and enjoy your overhang.

Just know how your balcony looks like.

Thank you for your attention to this thread.

More photos will come soon.

Friends, enjoy your cruises!

Let's also remember that the views from inside the cabin don't necessarily reflect those from the outside of the ship. Something that is in plain sight from the exterior may not really be bothersome from inside. It's usually a good idea to listen to people who have actually been in the cabin and even then things that are attractive to one person may not be to another.

Originally Posted by SantaFeFan View Post

Be aware that cruisetrail has not been on most of the ships he is giving advice on (this is lie) and in fact may not have been on any of them (this is lie). Many of us suspect that his knowledge is only from reading about the ships, and not having been on them (that's not my problem). Most, if not all, of the photos aren't even his (this is lie). He is simply gathering information off the internet and passing it off as information that based solely on his opinions (this is lie) , not on his experience (this is lie). Many of his opinions are simply wrong, ith absolutely no factual basis other than his personal bias (this is lie) . Many of the facts he presents are incorrect, as well (this is lie)

We must keep in mind that just like you have a right to your opinions that may or may not be correct, so do the rest of us, including santafefan. Calling him/her a "liar" is bordering on libel (All of the bold and red highlights are cruisetrail's comments). Tread carefully. :(

And, as it turns out, I know of several of your claims in the past that have indeed been incorrect, so it is not lying when that fact is brought up.

But, please tell us, what are the last few cruise ships that you have been on, and when did that occur? Can you prove that the photos you posted of all these ships are indeed yours?

Show us why we should trust your credentials. Back up your claims of being an expert.

Edited by swsfrail

This is one that cruisetrails has marked as "yellow" - would not recommend to his friends. I have been in this cabin twice and it is fantastic. Great location, fantastic balcony. If he has flagged it because of possible noise from the deck above he is wrong. I am a very light sleeper and sensitive to noise and I had no problems whatsoever. The only time I heard noise was a few times throughout the day I might have faintly heard heels overhead. That was it. I would wholeheartedly recommend this cabin to my friends.

On the other hand...

We were in 1610 and I was so excited to have "snagged" it as it is one of the oversize balconies.

However, our experience , unlike yours, was that every morning around 6:30 - 7:00 am there were chairs being moved over our heads. It wasn't awful, but it was annoying. In addition to that I found that between the large balcony and the even larger overhang no sunlight came in to the cabin. I really missed having that sunlight in the cabin. It was fine that it was shady on the balcony itself but not fine that it was darker in the cabin.

We wouldn't book this cabin again!

However, our experience , unlike yours, was that every morning around 6:30 - 7:00 am there were chairs being moved over our heads. It wasn't awful, but it was annoying. In addition to that I found that between the large balcony and the even larger overhang no sunlight came in to the cabin. I really missed having that sunlight in the cabin. It was fine that it was shady on the balcony itself but not fine that it was darker in the cabin.

We wouldn't book this cabin again!

Sorry to hear of your experience - noise that early in the morning would drive me crazy, for sure. :( We definitely did not experience that or would never have booked this cabin again. I know most people's comments on the sticky are very favourable for this cabin.

I can't recall if there was much sun in the cabin or not as we usually didn't spend much day time in the cabin. I know we did get some sun on the balcony, though. But definitely not full-on sun, which worked better for us anyway.

Hi, sandancer.

6215 on the Solstice is the same location as 6214 (photo) but on the other side.

You see the photo and YOU can decide if it's good for you or not.

"Red" does not mean bad (this is a ship, not a labor camp).

Red means that there are much better options.

I don't like this cabin because of the location - you'll see various equipment in front/below your balcony.

I prefer pure unobstructed view of the ocean. "Prefer" - to say the least.

Unspoiled views is one of the qualities of a balcony.

Potential issue - smoking area nearby.

Positive about 6215 - balcony size.

We sometimes cannot make choices and have to put up with what is given.

Nothing major. You'll enjoy your cruise.

k4ef4x.jpg

Thanks Cruisetrail. I actually feel better about this cabin now as I can see that whilst there is a lifeboat nearby and part of the white storage area, it still has an open space in front of it. The sticky of the Solstice class cabins has a good report but did not list the ship so I have no way of knowing if the OP was on the Solstice or one of the other ships in that class.

People who are having a problem with this thread , please fill in this form

No matter , whose pictures they are , there are still great pictures

Mlkozlowski@gmail.com

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free

Too funny... and too true.

Folks... this is a FORUM and people are allowed their opinions. If you don't like the recommendations on this thread then feel free to ignore them. Personal attacks on the OP are unwarranted.

If you disagree that's fine, but have some class and don't attack the OP. Ma Bell disagreed in a professional manner, you can too. Or just ignore this post.

I have been enjoying this thread for the last two days and deeply appreciate all the time and hard work that's gone into it. The photos are fabulous! :)

We are sailing on the Eclipse soon. Can someone tell me exactly where on deck 5 the smoking areas are? We've been on the Solstice and the Equinox and I remember them being on that deck but can't remember exactly where.

Thanks!

I have been enjoying this thread for the last two days and deeply appreciate all the time and hard work that's gone into it. The photos are fabulous! :)

We are sailing on the Eclipse soon. Can someone tell me exactly where on deck 5 the smoking areas are? We've been on the Solstice and the Equinox and I remember them being on that deck but can't remember exactly where.

Thanks!

Port side under the hump.

Cruisetrail, THANK YOU! Always amazes me when others bash people who have taken the time to research and post photos for the benefit of others. Sheesh! Anyway, keep in mind there are a lot of us who appreciate it greatly!

I'm wondering what you think of the forward hump cabins on Silhouette, in particular, deck 10, cabin 1077. (I agree that the big overhang is dark and depressing and am hoping to avoid it.) This cabin has one of the angled balconies...but are they as big as the ones on the main hump?

Any advice you have would be great...thank you!

Edited by micmacmissy

Dear Readers!

I have been off this thread for a while.

Some requests for cabin pictures are waiting for answers.

I am still busy with another ongoing project, but I will be back to bring your pictures and to complete the review.

Colors (red, yellow, green) are of course my opinion and recommendation.

Green - because it's obviously a good option

Yellow - because it's so-so

Red - because there are much better options

However, this is based on general considerations that are a norm for cruise industry - cabins above and below and on both sides.

It's not necessary to explain why.

There was a poster here who did not agree with me about a cabin under a public restroom. Ha stated that there were no problem.

My opinion - for some inexplicable reasons I don"t want to live under public toilet and do not recommned it to my friends.

Needless to add that some posters reported what they heard from above the ceiling.

Is it a bad thing to remind that a public restroom will be above?

I think it's a good thing.

The most important thing that some nasty posters fail to take in consideration:

I am not posting just words, I am posting photos - that are documented ship facts.

Everyone can look at them and find things that are important for the reader.

You like the huge overhang?

I find it irritating and depressing.

You like it? You don't mind undustrial struts on your balcony? Deep shade is what you are looking for?

No problem.

Skip my comment about "irritating and depressing" and enjoy your overhang.

Just know how your balcony looks like.

Thank you for your attention to this thread.

More photos will come soon.

Friends, enjoy your cruises!

When you get a chance, could you please comment on cabin 9225 on the Eclipse? Thank you.

I absolutely have loved your thread!

Cruisetrail, THANK YOU! Always amazes me when others bash people who have taken the time to research and post photos for the benefit of others. Sheesh! Anyway, keep in mind there are a lot of us who appreciate it greatly!

I'm wondering what you think of the forward hump cabins on Silhouette, in particular, deck 10, cabin 1077. (I agree that the big overhang is dark and depressing and am hoping to avoid it.) This cabin has one of the angled balconies...but are they as big as the ones on the main hump?

Any advice you have would be great...thank you!

Here's the problem. The photos are great but the rest is one man's opinion based on one Celebrity cruise. He didn't like the ship and seems to have a mission to make sure that no one sails on a Celebrity ship. He certainly deserves a lot of credit for his presentation.

His comments are all made with a certain bias as to what he thinks is important.

If you would like to ask his advice that's fine but just remember to also listen to advice given from people with lots of experience as well. There's a lot more to a cruise than just the facility and most people I know that have sailed many cruise lines think these are lovely ships and Celebrity does a great job with the over all product.

Here's the problem. The photos are great but the rest is one man's opinion based on one Celebrity cruise. He didn't like the ship and seems to have a mission to make sure that no one sails on a Celebrity ship. He certainly deserves a lot of credit for his presentation.

His comments are all made with a certain bias as to what he thinks is important.

If you would like to ask his advice that's fine but just remember to also listen to advice given from people with lots of experience as well. There's a lot more to a cruise than just the facility and most people I know that have sailed many cruise lines think these are lovely ships and Celebrity does a great job with the over all product.

This!!!

Really, most people here are not children and can make up their own minds

You do not have to go on and on and on about his comments :rolleyes:

Really, most people here are not children and can make up their own minds

You do not have to go on and on and on about his comments :rolleyes:

I'm sure they can. Is anyone else allowed to comment when they may have a different opinion? Do you have anything to say on the subject or do you just comment about the posters?

Edited by Ma Bell

Sorry, I have to clarify a bit more.

Ma Bell, there is no problem, repeat no problem.

The only problem is not following the CC guidelines.

Your refraining from generalizations concerning persons & thought-outs about someones mission will be highly appreciated.

All ships are lovely because cruising is a pleasure.

The Carnival Ecstasy sails full.

Yes, "There's a lot more to a cruise than just the facility" - who doubt it?

But that is very individual and not measurable.

It's subject to lovely stories. This is where words have value.

"Facilities" or ships hardware are certain things that for the most part determin our well-being at sea. This is what we pay for.

It's subject to reviews and analysis. This is where ship facts and photos have value.

You'll never be wrong if you talk about the ships, not about posters.

Happy cruising!

:)

Edited by cruisetrail

Would you put 6215 on the Solstice in the red category? When we booked it was the only 1a available. No way to change now as we are in there for 4 consecutive cruises. Starting to feel bad about this.

We've been in 6215 on both the Solstice and the Equinox

What we liked about it

-Extra large balcony, great views forward and out the side

-Close to the mid ship stairs elevator

-Only 1 flight of stairs to the shops and entertainment on 5

-Only 1 flight of stairs to the promenade deck 5 in case we wanted to see what was on the "other side" of the ship

- 2 flights of stairs to the dining room (we were on deck 4 for early seating dinner on both cruises

What we didn't like

-Not much. There is a Stewards service closet adjacent, but that only meant the Steward was often close to greet us and open our door.

Truth to be told we booked the same stateroom for our Eclipse cruise this winter.

So.......... we like it enough that we'll have been in it 3 times on 3 different S Class ships.

We all have different opinions, and YMMV, but it is one of our favorite staterooms on the S Class ships because of the reasons mentioned.

I hope you have a great cruise, and please come back and share your opinion of the stateroom

Edited by WpgCruise

Sorry, I have to clarify a bit more.

Ma Bell, there is no problem, repeat no problem.

The only problem is not following the CC guidelines.

Your refraining from generalizations concerning persons & thought-outs about someones mission will be highly appreciated.

All ships are lovely because cruising is a pleasure.

The Carnival Ecstasy sails full.

Yes, "There's a lot more to a cruise than just the facility" - who doubt it?

But that is very individual and not measurable.

It's subject to lovely stories. This is where words have value.

"Facilities" or ships hardware are certain things that for the most part determin our well-being at sea. This is what we pay for.

It's subject to reviews and analysis. This is where ship facts and photos have value.

You'll never be wrong if you talk about the ships, not about posters.

Happy cruising!

When you put labels on cabins in big red letters saying AVOID when many people think these are very nice cabins you are doing more than talking about the ship. If you represent yourself as being an expert on the ship and on every cabin on the ship and people are making decisions based on your advice, you are doing more than talking about the ship. It is also pertinent to the subject to question one's experience in this case.

Your photos are great and presenting facts and figures may be helpful, but when you go farther than that it is fair for others to rebut if they don't agree.

It may be especially helpful when advice comes from someone who has actually experienced that particular ship or that particular cabin.

Happy Sailing to you too.

Aren't the 6 deck series cabins in red those with a reduced price point for the obstracted view? Many enjoy the larger balcony with the unusual downward view to the sea at the reduced pricepoint that this cruise line offers.

Does that really make it a cabin to avoid? Celebrity does footnote these sort of cabins already, and guests do understand that. And many, many guests enjoy these cabins without regret for their value.

IMHO, your photos and the 'facts' are not entirely jiving with 'value'. They do seem to be a bit biased on personal preference in search of the perfect/best cabin on board rather than an opportunity to provide through your photos and dialog a balanced pricepoint value approach for guests looking for that sort of opportunity for booking.

And there is a large segment of the cruising population on any line that is focused on that sort of mixed value opportunity.

Afterall, not every cabin on every ship is the 'best' cabin that money can buy. On some level, most recognize that it's the large majority of cabins that are ordinary in comparison and that make up nearly all of the guest bookings for many, many ships and cruise lines.

The 'value' cabins, such as the red ones on deck 6 are prime examples where a guest can get an extra edge over others and those guests enjoy them as much as a guest paying for high end suites.

Aren't the 6 deck series cabins in red those with a reduced price point for the obstracted view?

No.

6214/6215 (as well as 6211/6212) on deck 6 (picture above) that provoked this discussion are 1A and the price is the same as for the best cabins on the ship - 1A on decks 8 and 9.

No "partial obstructed views" mentioned for these cabins.

Many enjoy the larger balcony with the unusual downward view to the sea at the reduced pricepoint that this cruise line offers.

How many?

12 cabins.

Edited by cruisetrail

Aren't the 6 deck series cabins in red those with a reduced price point for the obstracted view? Many enjoy the larger balcony with the unusual downward view to the sea at the reduced pricepoint that this cruise line offers.

Does that really make it a cabin to avoid? Celebrity does footnote these sort of cabins already, and guests do understand that. And many, many guests enjoy these cabins without regret for their value.

IMHO, your photos and the 'facts' are not entirely jiving with 'value'. They do seem to be a bit biased on personal preference in search of the perfect/best cabin on board rather than an opportunity to provide through your photos and dialog a balanced pricepoint value approach for guests looking for that sort of opportunity for booking.

And there is a large segment of the cruising population on any line that is focused on that sort of mixed value opportunity.

Afterall, not every cabin on every ship is the 'best' cabin that money can buy. On some level, most recognize that it's the large majority of cabins that are ordinary in comparison and that make up nearly all of the guest bookings for many, many ships and cruise lines.

The 'value' cabins, such as the red ones on deck 6 are prime examples where a guest can get an extra edge over others and those guests enjoy them as much as a guest paying for high end suites.

You make a good point.

Some really don't care about the view. They are hardly in the cabin.

Selecting a cabin is a personal choice... Everyone has different opinions.

Plus they have a budget to work with... Some can't afford lavish cabins or cabins in prime locations.

No.

6214/6215 (as well as 6211/6212) on deck 6 (picture above) that provoked this discussion are 1A and the price is the same as for the best cabins on the ship - 1A on decks 8 and 9.

No "partial obstructed views" mentioned for these cabins.

How many?

12 cabins.

I didn't read that those two cabins provoked a discussion. I read that you identified (lets call it a slew of) cabins that were to be avoided, but based on a still undefined set of circumstances or reasons.

Further to illustate that those cabins you find objectionable (and I think its more than its more than 12), just read the comments from those who select them. And remember, cruise after cruise, and ship after ship, and year after year that these red cabins are filled by guests over and over again.

You might find them objectionable for your own tastes, but others do not for theirs. I feel any provocation stems from the presentation of your point of view to those who are seeking an open minded approach to cabin selections.

The photos are indeed helpful as many of Depping's are and many of others illustations are and that kind of sharing goes a long way for others, yet your spin on the cabins themselves are personal and not entirely informative since they are without the direct experience from actually being in one or understanding what benefits come with them.

Some one said a bit back that a good cabin could be missed or dismissed due to this, and I tend to agree that could be the case.

Edited by MizDemeanor