Late night pizza on the S-Class

warmwinds

• 2 weeks later...
What choices are there for the pizzas? And, are they good?

Are they good? We have found it varies greatly from ship to ship. On most ships they range from good to very good. Occasionally you will encounter some tomato sauce on leather:eek:. Overall, we enjoy them. A couple cruises ago we ordered a couple in our cabin for dinner, with some beers, and enjoyed a football game. It was nice to just chill for a change.

Do they have a pizza station up at the buffet like they do on the M-class ships?

Yes, good details on the pizza options through the Oceanview Cafe have been provided. Below is one of my pictures from when we sampled this area. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The pizza is very good when it is HOT and coming fresh right out of the oven. If it has sat there for a little bit, the quality lessens. Get it while it's HOT!!

Great idea for ordering from room service, having in your room as a snack, etc.

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

Did a June 7-19, 2011, Celebrity Solstice cruise from Barcelona that had stops in Villefranche, ports near Pisa and Rome, Naples, Kotor, Venice and Dubrovnik. Enjoyed great weather and a wonderful trip. Dozens of wonderful visuals with key highlights, tips, comments, etc., on these postings. We are now at 113,778 views for this live/blog re-cap on our first sailing with Celebrity and much on wonderful Barcelona. Check these postings and added info at:

http://www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1426474

For the handy and quick Oceanview Cafe buffet, here is some of the fun in getting items from the pizza-pasta bar area.:

SolsticeOceanviewPizza.jpg

The pizza is pretty good...considering when I was sailing on the Century several years ago...in line for a slice of pizza...a young girl had a seizure in front of me. I was an ER Nurse at the time, traveling with a friend that was an EMT...literally had a gentleman (using that term loosely in this situation) step over the girl, around us assisting her to the ground, to push his way to the front of the line to get his pizza :eek:

The pizza is pretty good...considering when I was sailing on the Century several years ago...in line for a slice of pizza...a young girl had a seizure in front of me. I was an ER Nurse at the time, traveling with a friend that was an EMT...literally had a gentleman (using that term loosely in this situation) step over the girl, around us assisting her to the ground, to push his way to the front of the line to get his pizza :eek:

I think if I saw that happen, I would have to comment, "now I've seen it all". Can you even imagine that would have happened --- she was lucky that you and your friend were there or else could have suffered some dire consequences.

Archived