Oceania - is it (again) time for new itineraries?

Paulchili

Adrian, I fully agree. They do have an 'extra' ship because the Insignia is returning.

Which places exactly do you have in mind? O would have to advertise that it is a more adventurous route and that 'ashore' is not a five star hotel environment. Unforseen things might happen. Be prepared!

Celebrity's "expedition" ship cruises the Galapagos...

But Insignia could not go there...

The Ecuadorian government will not license a ship to anchor there if it holds more than 99 passengers...Celebrity's Expedition carries 96, IIRC...

Celebrity's "expedition" ship cruises the Galapagos...

But Insignia could not go there...

I know. We are booked on it next year. There are plenty of other interesting places in the world, but not many have the infrastructure for spoilt cruise ship passengers.

We would like to be on the maiden voyage of the renewed insignia

We are hoping for a unique itinerary but fear it will be standard stuff

We just won't do Barcelona to Rome or Greece again. Too many other places to see

I would love to sail out of lax to somewhere I haven't been -- maybe Central America

We find we struggle to find itineraries we like with every booking

Not complaining because we have been fortunate to see a lot of the world

I would love to see a china cruise with multiple overnights in key ports

We would like to be on the maiden voyage of the renewed insignia

I suppose that a woman believing that there could be such a thing as a "renewed Maiden" (touched for the very first time, possibly??), is very like a man understanding that on some Maps, three inches are the equivalent of more than a mile....:p

map-reading-games-800x800.jpg

JimandStan, you are a hoot.

Now, re itineraries, I wish O would go back to Antarctica. Since they stopped, we are having to do it on HAL this coming December.

We enjoyed the Arctic so much on O last year. It was fabulous for those who might not have considered it.:)

I suppose that a woman believing that there could be such a thing as a "renewed Maiden" (touched for the very first time, possibly??), is very like a man understanding that on some Maps, three inches are the equivalent of more than a mile....:p

map-reading-games-800x800.jpg

Like a renewed virgin. Lol

Whatever. When they bring her back to the fleet and fix her up I'd like to be on board

Cruise Junky

Oceania has a 10 day cruise, “Mosaic Masterpiece”, on Riviera from Barcelona to Lisbon starting on September 19, 2013.

Cheers,

Don

Yes, it's close but not perfect. I'd want a stop in Southern Portugal and Valencia. So I think FDR said no Morroco and more Spain for 2014 so I'm hoping :)

Hi,

Love all the talk re new ports to explore. I've been gone from Oceania for a few years since i discovered river boating in Europe. I'm returning in 2014 to do some ports I've missed in 42 years of traveling. Just wanted you adventuresome people to know about Azamara's cruise which begins and ends in Singapore and does three days in Burma in Dec. 2013.

Sheila

Whoopee --

2014 Itineraries are out!!

Brochure titles 2014 Summer Collection is on my TA's web site. Did not see it yet on Oceania

Only two new ones that peaked my interest (on Nautica)--

20 days ---London (Southampton), UK; Hamburg (Bremerhaven), Germany; Kristiansand, Norway; Bergen, Norway; Hellesylt, Norway;

Geiranger (Geirangerfjord), Norway; North Cape (Honningsvåg), Norway+; Murmansk, Russia; Hammerfest, Norway;

Longyearbyen (Spitsbergen), Norway; Cruising the scenic Magdalene Bay & Polar Ice Barrier; Harstad, Norway; Stavanger, Norway; Oslo, Norway; Gothenburg, Sweden; Copenhagen, Denmark

20 days -- London (Southampton), UK; Edinburgh (Leith), Scotland; Kirkwall (Orkney Islands), Scotland; Lerwick (Shetland Islands), Scotland;

Tórshavn (Faroe Islands), Denmark; Akureyri, Iceland; Tasiilaq (Ammassalik Island), Greenland; Qaqortoq, Greenland; Reykjavik, Iceland+; Portree (Isle of Skye), Scotland; Belfast, Northern Ireland; Dublin, Ireland; London (Southampton), UK

Whoopee --

2014 Itineraries are out!!

Brochure titles 2014 Summer Collection is on my TA's web site. Did not see it yet on Oceania

Only two new ones that peaked my interest (on Nautica)--

20 days ---London (Southampton), UK; Hamburg (Bremerhaven), Germany; Kristiansand, Norway; Bergen, Norway; Hellesylt, Norway;

Geiranger (Geirangerfjord), Norway; North Cape (Honningsvåg), Norway+; Murmansk, Russia; Hammerfest, Norway;

Longyearbyen (Spitsbergen), Norway; Cruising the scenic Magdalene Bay & Polar Ice Barrier; Harstad, Norway; Stavanger, Norway; Oslo, Norway; Gothenburg, Sweden; Copenhagen, Denmark

20 days -- London (Southampton), UK; Edinburgh (Leith), Scotland; Kirkwall (Orkney Islands), Scotland; Lerwick (Shetland Islands), Scotland;

Tórshavn (Faroe Islands), Denmark; Akureyri, Iceland; Tasiilaq (Ammassalik Island), Greenland; Qaqortoq, Greenland; Reykjavik, Iceland+; Portree (Isle of Skye), Scotland; Belfast, Northern Ireland; Dublin, Ireland; London (Southampton), UK

Why not check out Oceania's French Polynasia (Papeete,Tahiti, Bora Bora,Mooreau,huahini,Fakarava,) to Sydney Australia and New Zealand. There are also round trips, Sydney to Sydney and Papeete to Papeete, all during the 2014 northern winter on Marina.

Paul, what date is this cruise? Thanks

Paul, what date is this cruise? Thanks

That is the one that interests us too -- July 13th 2014

Well FDR's understanding of no Morocco is extremely different to mine. Sadly Casablanca ends up on the itineraries we were interested in.

There is a Lisbon to Barcelona on Aug 15th 2014 on Insignia that might meet your needs.

There is a Lisbon to Barcelona on Aug 15th 2014 on Insignia that might meet your needs.

Yes, saw that one and liked the itinerary. August in southern Spain not so much ;) Given a choice we'd prefer to be on Marina or Riviera. Marina has a decent one in mid-September which would be a better date, but of coursr, it has Morocco. We're in no rush to book anything so we'll just wait until all lines have their itineraries out and then decide.

I'm super tempted by the Istanbul to Dubai too

Can anyone advise (or even hint) where I might see these cruises? We are interested in Sept 2014 Baltics.

Thanks!

Try googling for Oceania Summer 2014. I got two copes from Travel Agents that I can't post the link for - sorry. I bet they're online somewhere

Can anyone advise (or even hint) where I might see these cruises? We are interested in Sept 2014 Baltics.

Thanks!

Google search works

There are 2 Baltic cruises Sept 2014 on Nautica

9/1 14 nights Stockholm to London

9/15 12 nights London To Copenhagen

Ports slightly different on each but both include St. Petersburg

Archived