I'm so excited...

Terre

You're going to love it! Others are right, seven days is not enough to see the ship - go ahead and book another week. Be prepared for the WOW moment when you step aboard...most ships have you enter at the bottom, not on the Oasis - you're dropped into the middle of the action.

Enjoy!

I like your philosophy of going ahead and booking the 2nd week...I know we won't be able to get everything in in 7 days. We do plan to book our show reservations before we go. Is there a show you wouldn't want to see again?

[quote name='jv_nyc']Be prepared for the WOW moment when you step aboard...most ships have you enter at the bottom, not on the Oasis - you're dropped into the middle of the action.

Enjoy![/QUOTE]

That's for sure, when we boarded the Allure, it was like a kid learning how to swim. They threw us in the middle of the Promenade and said "There you go"

[quote name='Terre']I like your philosophy of going ahead and booking the 2nd week...I know we won't be able to get everything in in 7 days. We do plan to book our show reservations before we go. Is there a show you wouldn't want to see again?[/QUOTE]

First of all, do not plan on finding yourself in familiar territory when you step aboard. Oasis is not like any other ship you have been on and that is a good thing. It is exciting to explore a completely new and different ship. Secondly, have some sort of a plan as to what you would like to accomplish during the week as there is so much to do and see. You don't have to go overboard with planning but it is good to have some must do items so when your time is done you are not disappointed in not having seen or done some of the things that you wanted to.

If you are short on time do the things that are unique to Oasis and Allure that you can't do on other ships and other cruises. For example, don't miss the shows in the Aqua theater. You will see that on no other ship. If the sand artist is still part of the Ice show then don't miss that either. I had never seen that before and she was truly a special moment of the show and the cruise. Stroll Central Park at night when it is quiet and all lit up. However old anyone is, don't be afraid to hop on the Merry-Go-Round for a spin. It is fun to say you did it and to have the pictures to prove it.

You have an amazing week coming up on an amazing ship. Enjoy the anticipation!

[SIZE=3]Be sure to see all the shows. They are the best at sea. A great place to be to view the 70's party in on the Rising Tide bar. The bar will stop during the show. When we sailed it was where the cruise director and his staff came on and ended the show. Up we went. It was cool. :D[/SIZE]

[quote name='Ocean Boy']First of all, do not plan on finding yourself in familiar territory when you step aboard. Oasis is not like any other ship you have been on and that is a good thing. It is exciting to explore a completely new and different ship. Secondly, have some sort of a plan as to what you would like to accomplish during the week as there is so much to do and see. You don't have to go overboard with planning but it is good to have some must do items so when your time is done you are not disappointed in not having seen or done some of the things that you wanted to.

If you are short on time do the things that are unique to Oasis and Allure that you can't do on other ships and other cruises. For example, don't miss the shows in the Aqua theater. You will see that on no other ship. If the sand artist is still part of the Ice show then don't miss that either. I had never seen that before and she was truly a special moment of the show and the cruise. Stroll Central Park at night when it is quiet and all lit up. However old anyone is, don't be afraid to hop on the Merry-Go-Round for a spin. It is fun to say you did it and to have the pictures to prove it.

You have an amazing week coming up on an amazing ship. Enjoy the anticipation![/QUOTE]

Great suggestions, thanks!

Congrats! I'm doing the "Bookin' Boogie" with you!!!! Haven't been on the Oasis - yet (coming in October), but we were on the Allure. Don't miss the diving show. Absolutely amazing!!!! Actually every show was amazing. Best entertainment we have had on any ship from beginning to end. Looking forward to the Oasis ourselves! :)

Oh and this was after we very hesitantly booked the Allure. We weren't sure we would like a ship that size. But after the Allure we discovered two things: 1) 7 days is NEVER enough and 2) we like all ships no matter what size they are - just get us out there! :)

Enjoy! You will have a fabulous time!!

PS - don't forget to try the zipline and carousel! ;)

Archived