New Celebrity Promotion (1, 2, 3 Go !) Returns March 15, 2013

Andy

So conversely, if you are Elite, you don't need to take a package?

The Elite cocktail hour is limited to a few lower end choice drinks and wine offered for about 1 1/2 hours daily With the packages you have a wonderful selection especially if you upgrade, and delux coffee, bottled water, soda, fresh squeezed OJ whenever and wherever you please at all on board venues.

The package's are great! We took for the non alcoholic beverages before we got the 123 freebie.

Edited by Cruise a holic

We are hoping to head to a European cruise and found out the 1-2-3 is back...whew wee....sort of confusing as someone said.

Also called on a Hawaii trip this Oct and found out we could get free gratuities --really pays to call and ask and so far Celebrity has just asked that we call our TA if we had booked via the TA - but Celebrity did some checking and told us what we could or could not qualify for.

Thank you all for helping to clarify this very confusing pricing by Celebrity.

Now can someone explain SELECT Dining being charged when you ask for Early Dinner and they advise it is all booked?

Many thanks!

;)

Edited by CdnCruiserGirl

Now can someone explain SELECT Dining being charged when you ask for Early Dinner and they advise it is all booked?[/Quote]

You have to pre pay gratuities for Select Dining, as you may get different waiters.

However that said, I have tried to pre book a table for us & our linked companions, who come from Canada.

I am unable to do that, as our bookings are in different currencies.

I couldn't understand that, as we don't have to pay for Select Dining, so I rang Celebrity. The agent told me he could only see UK bookings on his computer, so we would have to see the Maitre'D.

ot have problems.

For wine service at dinner, I would suggest a tip on the first night.... that should take care of it. Wine was not our problem in the dining room. Bar Service was slow.

This is something I don't agree with. Partly because of coming from a country where we don't tip, but mostly because of the bribe issue that lies here. If you "bribe" the waiter for better service, doesn't that mean someone else gets worse service? What happens if everyone the sommelier takes care of happens to give the same amount of tip during the first night? Back to square one?

This is something I don't agree with. Partly because of coming from a country where we don't tip, but mostly because of the bribe issue that lies here. If you "bribe" the waiter for better service, doesn't that mean someone else gets worse service? What happens if everyone the sommelier takes care of happens to give the same amount of tip during the first night? Back to square one?

I agree with you. We never pre tip. To me, if they serve well and do a good job, they will get a tip for that, not before.

As for the wine service at dinner, on the Silhouette in Feb. it was fantastic. Our glass would be topped up before we could finish it. Our sommelier Aaron from Turkey was outstanding. He was personable, quick and looked after everyone around us with efficiency and a genuine smile. He got a nice tip at the end of the cruise. He served us well BEFORE he knew he was getting a nice tip, that's why he got one. :D

Even the bar service was good at dinner, cocktails were ordered and brought out quickly, Aaron would even ask me if I wanted a coctail or wine and if it was a cocktail, he would relay the order to the bar person and they would bring it over. We thourougly enjoyed dinner and the service on the Silhouette.

Beware! We booked a cruise as part of the last 123Go promotion in Jan/Feb 2013, followed the link to the qualifying cruises, selected the one we wanted and booked at the advertised price (on Celebrity site) at the time, no indication this was a discount or early bird price.

One month later we have been advised we are not eligible for the 123 Go offer as we received a discount (????). We just paid the advertised price at the time. Not happy Celebrity! Is this false advertising?

Beware! We booked a cruise as part of the last 123Go promotion in Jan/Feb 2013, followed the link to the qualifying cruises, selected the one we wanted and booked at the advertised price (on Celebrity site) at the time, no indication this was a discount or early bird price.

One month later we have been advised we are not eligible for the 123 Go offer as we received a discount (????). We just paid the advertised price at the time. Not happy Celebrity! Is this false advertising?

The promo is running again. Go ahead and rebook and add the promo. Do all of your pricing and research on the internet then pick up the phone. I can't tell you how many times we made sure to ask, "This qualifies for the 1 2 3 Go promo right?"

In order to save me having to read all 1530+ posts, can anyone tell be if the 1,2,3 promotion can be combined with the OBCs accruing from the "open passages" program?

Thanks

I'm not familiar with the Open Passages OBC, however, I booked yesterday and got the 1-2-3 plus an OBC supplied by the travel agency

It's not combinable with any other Celebrity offer -- so, no open passages, no senior discount, resident rates, group rates, etc. However, if your TA gives any OBC, that is a different story, and fine as it is not from Celebrity.

In our case, we reviewed prices and realized we were ahead giving up our $100 open passages OBC to get the 123Go Classic beverage package for 2.

Mary

In order to save me having to read all 1530+ posts, can anyone tell be if the 1,2,3 promotion can be combined with the OBCs accruing from the "open passages" program?

Thanks

While you can use the open passages, you would not receive the OBC associated with it, if you choose one of the 1,2,3 GO options. You could however, select the OBC option from 123 GO. While it seems most are taking the drink option, if you are not a big drinker, the OBC might make sense - especially for longer sailings.

Hi Everyone,

Within this thread, we've received dozens of questions/comments about whether 1 person can upgrade to premium. While it reportedly cannot be done in advance, I've just returned home from Constellation, and I can confirm they are selling the premium upgrade to 1 person in the cabin. Not that I'm surprised, as it would be foolish for Celebrity to turn away the $$$.

I cannot confirm the policy on other ships. However, I will be on Eclipse in 2 1/2 weeks, and will ask again, when onboard. I hope this is helpful !

Is the 15% service charge covered under the promotion? If we upgraded to the premium package will we be charged 15% of the actual price or just 15% of the difference paid?

The Gratuity is included in the price of the 11.50 per person per day amount.

Can you do this???

frank

Hi FB0075,

If you are asking about the booking onboard OBC, it's not combinable with 123 GO. However, if you do not desire the drink package, there is an OBC option within 123 GO. I hope this helps !

The promo is running again. Go ahead and rebook and add the promo. Do all of your pricing and research on the internet then pick up the phone. I can't tell you how many times we made sure to ask, "This qualifies for the 1 2 3 Go promo right?"

Thanks, but I have heard and seen so much info that if we cancel and re book Celebrity will check and we still will not receive the 123 Go deal.

Also, if one adult and one teenager are travelling in a cabin, the adult receives the beverage package, clearly the teenager does not, but couldn't Celebrity apply a non alcoholic beverage (premium) to compensate?

Also, if one adult and one teenager are travelling in a cabin, the adult receives the beverage package, clearly the teenager does not, but couldn't Celebrity apply a non alcoholic beverage (premium) to compensate?

Yes, I never understood that. I don't know why they don't just grant both packages, but of course the barman just won't hand over any alcoholic drinks.

Thanks Cruise Junky! It would be nice to see the triple play offer resurface similar to how they brought back the 123go! promo.

I just reserved my cabins, and in reviewing the booking confirmation, I do not see any reference to the 123go! promotion and selections (gratuities, obc, or drinks). Where and when should I see this?

Thank you all in advance!

Thanks Cruise Junky! It would be nice to see the triple play offer resurface similar to how they brought back the 123go! promo.

I just reserved my cabins, and in reviewing the booking confirmation, I do not see any reference to the 123go! promotion and selections (gratuities, obc, or drinks). Where and when should I see this?

Thank you all in advance!

We didn't see it appear for weeks on our reservations. My TA advised me that they were so busy posting the packages, that they wouldn't be available. They did appear on our reservation summary eventually. If you are using a TA call them every week or so until it appears. If direct with Celebrity, do the same. Not sure if it helps, but it made me feel better to know that they did have it on record and it was just a posting issue.