So – we saw no kids in the Concierge Lounge New Year’s week.

Kids should not be allowed in the CL if there is not enough room for adults to sit, yes they can sit, if they are not taking seats that adults should have access to.

I'm confused.

If we are talking about adults who are in some way disabled (either normal aging or health condition) and therefore have difficulty standing, then absolutely any child or able bodied adult should offer up their seat without being asked.

However, if you're saying that an able bodied adult deserves a seat more than a child just because they are chronologically advantaged, I have to disagree.

I'm confused.

If we are talking about adults who are in some way disabled (either normal aging or health condition) and therefore have difficulty standing, then absolutely any child or able bodied adult should offer up their seat without being asked.

However, if you're saying that an able bodied adult deserves a seat more than a child just because they are chronologically advantaged, I have to disagree.

Hmmm, I guess I was raised differently and taught my own children differently. I'll have to tell my kids we did it all wrong so they don't make the same mistake passing it on to their kids.:rolleyes:

They were in there, you just picked the right time to be there.:p

There were 1450 children on the 12/23 cruise and 1250 on the 12/30 cruise. I must say that the children on the 12/30 cruise were somewhat better behaved than what we experienced on the 12/23 cruise.

I guess timing is everything. I could not believe how empty both lounges were at 6:30-6:55.

Sorry we did not get a chance to meet.

Marci

Actually the kids are doing you a favor:

Study Links More Time Spent Sitting to Higher Risk of Death

Risk Found to Be Independent of Physical Activity Level

A new study from American Cancer Society researchers finds it’s not just how much physical activity you get, but how much time you spend sitting that can affect your risk of death. Researchers say time spent sitting was independently associated with total mortality, regardless of physical activity level. They conclude that public health messages should promote both being physically active and reducing time spent sitting. The study appears early online in the American Journal of Epidemiology.

Save a life, take a seat from an adult! ;)

The issue is overblown.

We've been the CL when children were there and nothing of significance happened.

you've been lucky.

on our May cruse, the CL was destroyed by a pair of toddlers who took their crackers and ground them into the carpeting, the chairs and generally smudged up two tables nightly, to the point where the Concierge had to bring housekeeping in during the middle of cocktail hour to clean up the mess.. disturbing the rest of us.

Our December one had a few very quiet/well behaved kids, and few not so much.. a pair of pre teens./early teens who showed up in shorts at 5 pm and cleaned out entire plates of nibblies and then came back at 830 as the bartender was putting stuff away to demand cans of soda.

and that doesn't count all the times during the day( where they were allowed anyway long before the change in policy) they came in and generally made pigs of themselves over the continental breakfast.

you've been lucky.

on our May cruse, the CL was destroyed by a pair of toddlers who took their crackers and ground them into the carpeting, the chairs and generally smudged up two tables nightly, to the point where the Concierge had to bring housekeeping in during the middle of cocktail hour to clean up the mess.. disturbing the rest of us.

Our December one had a few very quiet/well behaved kids, and few not so much.. a pair of pre teens./early teens who showed up in shorts at 5 pm and cleaned out entire plates of nibblies and then came back at 830 as the bartender was putting stuff away to demand cans of soda.

and that doesn't count all the times during the day( where they were allowed anyway long before the change in policy) they came in and generally made pigs of themselves over the continental breakfast.

if these children were in the CL by themselves between 5:00pm and 8:30pm and not with a parent, than this is the concierge's fault. he/she should have denied them access without a parent.

Interesting. What if the kid is diamond status on their own? Mine are platinum already, likely will be diamond before they're 18.

Mine was Diamond Plus by the time she was 12!!!!

We took the fast track under the old system and did 12 cruises over 4 years or so in a suite. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm confused.

Yikes... Not happening in my family. That was a "good manners" rule taught early on for me, my husband's family, and now, our son.

Teddie

Bottom line for me is I want to be around people who behave properly. I don't care if they are kids or adults.

On our Nov Oasis cruise there were no kids but one jerk got hammered every night and couldn't keep his mouth shut.

Agreed. I've yet to see a problem with kids in the CL, but on my last Oasis cruise, 2 adults were removed from the CL for their obnoxious behavior and confined to their rooms after fighting with the concierge and security.

Yikes... Not happening in my family. That was a "good manners" rule taught early on for me, my husband's family, and now, our son.

Teddie

Our family too ... My grandkids are learning now. If an adult is there, the kids are up.

if these children were in the CL by themselves between 5:00pm and 8:30pm and not with a parent, than this is the concierge's fault. he/she should have denied them access without a parent.

Mom, dad and or Grandma was either with them as they came in or within 5 minutes of their arrival.

you've been lucky.

Funny....I've had these same experiences with adults:rolleyes:

We will be sailing with our granddaughter (5 yr old) she is a diamond on her own, should be D+ by 7 years old. These next 2 (b2b) cruises she will be in a grand suite for the 1st time as the 2nd passenger (sharing with her mom), Paying full adult fare. Doesn't she have the right to visit the CL with her family, and not get snide remarks and comments? She has learned how to behave, so will not bother other cruisers......why all the fuss? I have seen more rude adults then kids over the past 20 years.

We will be sailing with our granddaughter (5 yr old) she is a diamond on her own, should be D+ by 7 years old. These next 2 (b2b) cruises she will be in a grand suite for the 1st time as the 2nd passenger (sharing with her mom), Paying full adult fare. Doesn't she have the right to visit the CL with her family, and not get snide remarks and comments? She has learned how to behave, so will not bother other cruisers......why all the fuss? I have seen more rude adults then kids over the past 20 years.

Absolutely 100% agree!

Archived