Breakfast, Lunch Or Dinner?

Saphire

While onboard, my favorite meal of the day is breakfast! If I do have breakfast at home, it is usually something light. Reading the extensive HAL breakfast menu is like being a kid in a candy store. I love just about everything offered. I also love having the *time* to enjoy a leisurely meal. Of course watching the ocean go by makes everything all the more delightful.

I am looking forward to trying some new things this time around, (french toast, pancakes). I can never seem to pull myself away from all the variatons of eggs benedict. ;)

What about you, what is your favorite meal onboard and why?

I like lunch. I eat lots of salads, enjoy the roast chicken, occasionally have a small serving of pasta depending what they are featuring that day. I also like the Mexican saute chicken on the taco bar. :)

I know I can have all the salad I want at home but it's so nice someone else cut up all the fresh veggies for me. :D Sliced fresh mushrooms, green peppers, celery, onions, hearts of palm (once in a while), brocolli, cauliflower........ it's all good.

Dinner

We love eating in the Specilaity restaurant(s).

And we can each chose something different and share.

You're right.

I wasn't thinkiing.

Our best/favorite meals on the ships are usually Pinnacle or Tamarind..... even had a very nice evening in Canaletto on our recent Westerdam cruises.

Now your are talking!! Yum!! :D

QUOTE=realnurse2;36660427]I guess I'm a breakfast person myself , just not when I first wake up! Love Freshly- made :D:D waffles, just wish they had decent syrup! As a Canadian I can enjoy real maple syrup whenever I want! YUM

When on HAL I love the made-to-order omelets at breakfast! I also like to treat myself to the eggs benedict on occasion.

My parents have sailed far more than we have and Mom's must have is the bread pudding. I had my class on a field trip to Victoria, BC, several years ago. Mom and Dad were there on the last day of the cruise and surprised us on the steps of the Provincial Museum when we came out. She had saved all her pillow chocolate for my students and it was great to see them (they were on a 21 day Panama Canal repositioning in May). However, the visit was short as she had to get back to be sure and have her last bowl of the pudding!

I guess I'm a breakfast person myself , just not when I first wake up! Love Freshly- made :D:D waffles, just wish they had decent syrup! As a Canadian I can enjoy real maple syrup whenever I want! YUM

Tip: Tuck a little bottle of pure maple syrup in your luggage to enjoy on board. I can't stand the "fake" maple syrup...it ruins an otherwise good breakfast... I always bring one of the little bottles found where they sell the real stuff.

We're breakfast people, and love the way they do it on HAL. We like it best when we have access to the Pinnacle Grill, but find the MDR and even Room Service wonderful. We normally eat such a grand breakfast ... lunch is out of the question. We just snack here and there in an attempt to be hungry again by dinnertime. Oh yes, they do feed us well. :)

We're breakfast people, and love the way they do it on HAL. We like it best when we have access to the Pinnacle Grill, but find the MDR and even Room Service wonderful. We normally eat such a grand breakfast ... lunch is out of the question. We just snack here and there in an attempt to be hungry again by dinnertime. Oh yes, they do feed us well. :)

We, too, love breakfast on HAL. I enjoy the MDR but have to say, the freshly squeezed juice draws us to the Lido some days! Wish they served that in the MDR.

When on HAL I love the made-to-order omelets at breakfast! I also like to treat myself to the eggs benedict on occasion.

My parents have sailed far more than we have and Mom's must have is the bread pudding. I had my class on a field trip to Victoria, BC, several years ago. Mom and Dad were there on the last day of the cruise and surprised us on the steps of the Provincial Museum when we came out. She had saved all her pillow chocolate for my students and it was great to see them (they were on a 21 day Panama Canal repositioning in May). However, the visit was short as she had to get back to be sure and have her last bowl of the pudding!

What a sweet Mom you have. :) That was such a nice thing for her to do for you and your students.

I love the "build your own omelet" in the MDR with a slice of Canadian Bacon.:D It is always served piping hot. For lunch I will go to the Pinnacle if it has windows. Dinner is either MDR or Pinnacle but I'm not a fan of either of them. Too many cutbacks in quality in MDR and Pinnacle is so boring. Time they changed it up.

:)- :)- :)-,,ever since my first cruise in 88,. i get up around 6,, to watch the sun rise,, i have tomato juice with lots of ice, then back for the grapefruit with the Little section s cut out,,, then its on to the smoked salmon -yum yum-- by this time its 8am then for the real breaki,, and the bacon :)- anyway, as you can tell, there will not be much lunch LOL

I love, love, LOVE Eggs Stanley (eggs Benedict but with crab meat instead of Canadian bacon). I took a picture on my last cruise and I keep saying I'm going to put it in a heart-shaped frame for my desk. ;) :D

My vote would be breakfast and raisin buns. DH would be lunch and bread pudding.mmAlthough each and every meal is great on a ship as iI did not have to do the prep work, cooking or cleanning up!

Amen to that! :D

My vote would be breakfast and raisin buns. DH would be lunch and bread pudding.mmAlthough each and every meal is great on a ship as iI did not have to do the prep work, cooking or cleanning up!

Raisin buns! Are those like cinnamon buns? Where are those located?

Archived