Would This Work for bringing alcohol on board?

I was thinking to take my Starbucks travel mug and then stuff it with mini bottles of liquor and put the cover on and put it in my suitcase or carryon. Who would think to open my coffee mug to see whats inside? I have never been asked to open the coffee mug as long as there are no liquids inside who would bother?

This way I could have brandy and coffee or just plain brandy or gin etc. Whats your take?

I was thinking to take my Starbucks travel mug and then stuff it with mini bottles of liquor and put the cover on and put it in my suitcase or carryon. Who would think to open my coffee mug to see whats inside? I have never been asked to open the coffee mug as long as there are no liquids inside who would bother?

This way I could have brandy and coffee or just plain brandy or gin etc. Whats your take?

RCI security will probably add the travel mug as an item to check in the future, since you have given them the idea...:D

By the way, taking liquor onboard is against the rules. If you can't live by the rules then you should cruise on another cruiseline. This Royal Caribbean board does not care for those who purposely break the rules.

Seriously? Is this how little integrity means to people these days?

Sad.

Here is what I would try.

Go to you local vineyard with a bottle of booze and $20. Ask them for an empty bottle and cork (red wine bottles work best). Have them cork, label, and seal the bottle for you.

Carry aboard.

Can I bring on Brandy and Wine instead of two bottles of wine? Heck the worst that can happen is that they give my minis back at the end of the trip. Nothing lost(:

Wine only. :) Yes, that is all that would happen.

Edited by janetz

By the way, taking liquor onboard is against the rules. If you can't live by the rules then you should cruise on another cruiseline. This Royal Caribbean board does not care for those who purposely break the rules.

I was just asking a question. Since this is not allowed I won't do it. Thanks for clarifying.

How's the view from that high horse? :D

Travelplus wrote:

>>Can I bring on Brandy and Wine instead of two bottles of wine? Heck the worst that can happen is that they give my minis back at the end of the trip. Nothing lost(: >>

I guess I feel very differently. If people looked at me and thought "there is a dishonest person", I'd feel like I had lost a lot.

Well to be honest, I noticed that you've been a member here for 6 years next month. Are you seriously saying you didn't know this was not permitted? ;) I think you're yanking our collective chain. :p

The fact that he was talking about how they wouldn't scan it means that he knew it wasn't okay. He is just surprised by the reactions he got, so he changed the story.

I quoted what he originally posted in his second post. He edited it between the time I saw it and now, but he knew.

Well to be honest, I noticed that you've been a member here for 6 years next month. Are you seriously saying you didn't know this was not permitted? ;) I think you're yanking our collective chain. :p

Maybe it wasn't that they didn't know, but was just interested getting feedback on their technique. I mean there have been rum runner threads on here for years.

Travelplus wrote:

>>Can I bring on Brandy and Wine instead of two bottles of wine? Heck the worst that can happen is that they give my minis back at the end of the trip. Nothing lost(: >>

I guess I feel very differently. If people looked at me and thought "there is a dishonest person", I'd feel like I had lost a lot.

You'd feel like you lost a lot if anonymous people on a mesage board thought badly of you? :D

To the OP: It can't hurt to try, but for 3 little nip bottles it might not be worth the hassle.

Thanks then I will go to BevMo before the cruise and find two bottles of some good 750ml of Wine from Italy or France.

The fact that he was talking about how they wouldn't scan it means that he knew it wasn't okay. He is just surprised by the reactions he got, so he changed the story.

I quoted what he originally posted in his second post. He edited it between the time I saw it and now, but he knew.

Yup, he definitely knew especially since he was the first to bring up 2 750ml bottles of wine. No one else has mentioned size at all.

You'd feel like you lost a lot if anonymous people on a mesage board thought badly of you? :D

I could be wrong, but I'm guessing they were referring to people on the ship looking at them, and not people on this message board.