cruise bracelet charms

I love my Pandora bracelet and all the charms related to travel. It's getting filled up so now an working on Alex and Ani bracelets that have dangling charms. Have one from Maine, St. John, and Jamaica - so far....:D

We have cards from Diamonds International that get us a charm in almost every port (free). Also, the person on board who does the shopping shows usually has ship charms that they give you if you ask after coming back from a port.

We have cards from Diamonds International that get us a charm in almost every port (free). Also, the person on board who does the shopping shows usually has ship charms that they give you if you ask after coming back from a port.

Two issues with those freebies.......they are some cheap metal and i am highly allergic to it AND they are not compatible with the European type bracelets.:(

Actually a commonwealth.

you are referring to the Coqui frog which is native to Puerto Rico.[/quote

Bingo you are correct.

Don't know what kind of frog but when you go on the internet and look up PR symbols it states it's animal is a frog.

Nope no representation in Congress, can't vote for President.....I'll restate it and now call it a territory. It's not a state.

One for two on this. They do have representation in congress (as do all of the territories and the District of Columbia), but cannot vote in federal elections, although they do hold primaries and send delegates to both the Republican and Democrat nominating conventions

Two issues with those freebies.......they are some cheap metal and i am highly allergic to it AND they are not compatible with the European type bracelets.:(

I was answering the OP's question, and any charm can be attached to any bracelet by a competent jeweler.

The only cruise line I have been on that had a ship specific charm was Disney...I wish they all would. I gave my granddaughters James Avery charm bracelets for their 6th birthday and we have filled them up with their milestones and their travels. We grab a charm for every place we have traveled.....My 16 year old GD will be going on her 25th cruise next month and with the travel and all her activities she now has to double up the charms on 1 link!

We got the tree frog charm in PR.....so cute!

The only cruise line I have been on that had a ship specific charm was Disney...I wish they all would. I gave my granddaughters James Avery charm bracelets for their 6th birthday and we have filled them up with their milestones and their travels. We grab a charm for every place we have traveled.....My 16 year old GD will be going on her 25th cruise next month and with the travel and all her activities she now has to double up the charms on 1 link!

We got the tree frog charm in PR.....so cute!

RCL shopping person gives out a crown and anchor charm.

Bumping this thread.

I have a travel related European charm bracelet, it's not the Pandora brand, but it is silver with a 14K gold clasp. I will any buy compatible charm, I find other companies like Chamilia, Biagi and more make charms fit what I need more and look nicer.

My current bracelet only has four charms, all silver- the Pandora cruise ship, a Mayan temple (cozumel), Key West three-sided charm with buoy, conch shell in

gold and 3D Key West., it's a beauty (Zable) and a pirate head with swords (Bahamas) don't know brand.

Going to San Juan, St. Maarten and St. Kitts. Any ideas for charms and where to go in these ports I would appreciate. Thanks

San Juan has an authentic Pandora charm but St Thomas and St Kitts do not. The Pandora jewelers in St Thomas have a Pandora charm they have engraved with their island name but it is not manufactured that way. I just buy a charm related to our excursion...fish, shell, starfish, turtle, etc.

How do the prices compare between the Pandora shops at home and the ones in, say, St. Maarten or St. Thomas?

I bought charms in ST John and Tortolla and they were the exact same price here at home when I looked . Little Switzerland sells real Pandora and their stores are spread out throughout the Caribbean .

Edited by Midwestgal

Of course - how did I forget about that? Working on filling it up!!

San Juan has an authentic Pandora charm but St Thomas and St Kitts do not. The Pandora jewelers in St Thomas have a Pandora charm they have engraved with their island name but it is not manufactured that way. I just buy a charm related to our excursion...fish, shell, starfish, turtle, etc.

Curious...If the Pandora shop its'self sells the St Thomas Charm how is it not authentic??? I am sooo confused. I am wondering because I bought one in St Thomas and St Marteen :confused:

Curious...If the Pandora shop its'self sells the St Thomas Charm how is it not authentic??? I am sooo confused. I am wondering because I bought one in St Thomas and St Marteen :confused:

The charm is authentic but the St Thomas and St Maarten engraving have been added locally. Get a Pandora catalog or go online and you can see the locations that have specific charms. I have to admit I haven't looked recently so St Thomas and St Maarten may have been added.

Edited by NemoCrownie

There in no official Pandora store in those two ports the charms are sold in a regular unofficial jewelry store. Buyer beware. Evidently the shop is taking a Pandora charm and engraving the name of the port on it. My issue is I don't think Pandora would allow this so I doubt these charms are genuine. There are some very good knockoffs that only trained eyes would know the difference. Chamilia has great charms also. Look at their website. One charm called BURIED TREASURE is absolutely stunning and perfect for a cruise theme bracelet.

Actually, there are authorized Pandora retailers on both islands that sell authentic charms BUT they are locally engraved with the island name. Boolchands is, or was anyway, the largest Pandora retailer in the world and they have locations all over the Caribbean.

Pandora was distributed through retailers long before they opened their concept stores. I got my first bracelet in 2003 and know a little about their history and charms, past and present, but haven't kept up with all of the new styles and charms.

Edited by NemoCrownie