Sunday January 27, as our 'Queen' Sails Away.

PathfinderEss

Giving myself a Pat on the Back because I just noticed that I now have joined a New CC Club:) Do not know when I did this, as I seldom look at post counts, but am now over 10,000 posts:)

Joanie

congrats Joanie:D

Love the toots from the Westerdam. Best "dam" sailaway. No one compares....

Oh...someday... I have to sail on her. To be there and hear that in person...totally awesome.

Not too bad listening from home either. :D

Thank you, Westie... way to go.

just don't get on with the wrong captain - I was so looking forward and everyone on our sail a way deck was disappointed - three toots:eek:

but it's still a great ship:D

Wow, she looks small and expensive...........she does not look like a Princess ship.

She was built for Renaisannce Cruise Lines and when they went bankrupt, Princess bought three and Royal Caribbean for their Azamara brand bought 2, maybe 3. I have friends who traveled on one of them when they were with Renaisannce and, while I know there are those who disagree--this was their opinion--could not wait to get off. Did not like them at all because of the way the public areas were laid out. They said that the dining room ceiling was too low and the noise during dinner prevented easy conversations. I don't think Princess made many, if any, modifications to these vessels when they were bought.

Really I didn't know that is the ship they do their world cruise on.

Pacific princess is a nice shiip:D

thanks to Lou and Dave for another very nice webcam:D

If you can't be on - this is the next best thing

:)HaHa, I snuck back in for the last one! You can tell Im hooked on these sailaways!:D

So Pacific Princess, smaller ship and last one out today, but not to be outdone, and some very nice toots all the same! That is one nice looking ship:)

Ok this time I really am signing off for the day. Till next time:)

Pacific Princess 8 nice toots..............and that ends the sail away for Sunday.

Thanks Westerdam for a awesome sail away. Joanie for being able to count all those 110 toots.

Thanks Lou and David for a trouble free and wonderful sail away today.

Thanks CC for getting everything squared away.

My computer for not freezing up.

She was built for Renaisannce Cruise Lines and when they went bankrupt, Princess bought three and Royal Caribbean for their Azamara brand bought 2, maybe 3. I have friends who traveled on one of them when they were with Renaisannce and, while I know there are those who disagree--this was their opinion--could not wait to get off. Did not like them at all because of the way the public areas were laid out. They said that the dining room ceiling was too low and the noise during dinner prevented easy conversations. I don't think Princess made many, if any, modifications to these vessels when they were bought.

Thanks rkacruiser great information, I knew it didn't look like a Princess ship.

Giving myself a Pat on the Back because I just noticed that I now have joined a New CC Club:) Do not know when I did this, as I seldom look at post counts, but am now over 10,000 posts:)

Joanie

-congrats---its going to take me a long time to catch up:eek:

Aha! Makes more sense! Here comes NA....memories of Dec 30 for me. IT was too cool to be outside for the sailaway so we sipped champagne in the crows nest!

Rob

-;) its wasn't that cold, from another canuck, and you being from frozen ottawa, we're on the westerdam that left before ya-:)-

Congrats, Joanie. Being on satellite internet I missed the sailaway, but it sounds like Capt. Henk is still on board. Correct?

Roy

Yes he is Roy, and I just this morning received an email from a staff member who is on vacation himself, that Captain Henk will leave the ship after this cruise and will go to his next ship (Prinsendam??) after his own vacation.

Joanie

yes he is roy, and i just this morning received an email from a staff member who is on vacation himself, that captain henk will leave the ship after this cruise and will go to his next ship (prinsendam??) after his own vacation.

joanie

--:( - :( - :( soooo sad,

--:( - :( - :( soooo sad,

Depends on your point of view. If Captains rotate every 3 months there's a good chance Captain Henk could be on the Prinsendam November 22. I know and would prefer Captain Roberts but if it's Captain Henk I'll take it.

Roy

Depends on your point of view. If Captains rotate every 3 months there's a good chance Captain Henk could be on the Prinsendam November 22. I know and would prefer Captain Roberts but if it's Captain Henk I'll take it.

Roy

:(-its just I've gotten use to my Sunday parade, with my westi in front in horn blasts. NOW who is this Captain Roberts?;)

Archived