Piano Bar

GinaJ

Thanks! I forgot to mention I meant the sing a long type. Is that what this one is? Maybe that is what a piano bar is but I also thought it could be one with quiet piano background music too :)

There is a piano player in every Schooner Bar on every ship. Some play in a way that encourages singing along, some don't.

There is a piano player in every Schooner Bar on every ship. Some play in a way that encourages singing along, some don't.

We loved the Schooner Bar on the Mariner last year with Phil Anderson because it was very much a sing along type of vibe. Not to mention that he can play very well. We're going to be on the Navigator in 5 1/2 weeks and I hope this guy will be similar. Unfortunately, I haven't seen any reviews about him.

I also haven't seen anything about the Serenade, but that's where we're looking to go next spring break.

Bob, I don't know you, but, you are one of the most helpful people I have ever seen on these boards! You take the time to explain things to novice cruisers and when they misunderstand, you come back and explain it again! God bless you for all you do!:)

Thanks for the kind words.

Thanks! I forgot to mention I meant the sing a long type. Is that what this one is? Maybe that is what a piano bar is but I also thought it could be one with quiet piano background music too :)

I have found that it depends on the piano player and the crowd. Some nights he will just play background music. If the crowd starts to show interest, the sing-along starts to happen. Some of the entertainers have a "show" with props and such that they do each night.

So the bottom line is it will depend on who the piano player is on your ship during your cruise.

My all time favorite Schooner Bar pianist will forever be Matt Yee. We had the fortune to catch him on Freedom back in 2006. He is so much fun!

I'm just the opposite. Same cheesy show night after night after night. We love hanging out in the Schooner Bar, but not on that cruise.

I'm just the opposite. Same cheesy show night after night after night. We love hanging out in the Schooner Bar, but not on that cruise.

While I would agree that Matt Yee is a bit of a one-trick pony, he does manage to fill the Schooner Bar every night with his "cheesy show". I am sure that the bar staff on the Jewel Westbound TA would have much preferred him to the piano player on that cruise who played to an empty Schooner Bar every evening until the CD placed him on what the CD referred to as an 'involuntary vacation".

We were on the Radiance 2 years ago & the Schooner bar was our favorite after dinner bar. The guy on the Piano was great & the people on our cruise were singing along all night every night, so much fun!!:D

Piano man on Adventure......A.M.A.Z.I.N.G!! Lots of humour, great repertoire, much audience participation. Helps that he's very easy on the eye. Just saying ;)

I'm going on Adventure in April on the TA. Do you think it will be the same guy? Is there any way I could find out? I love the piano bar if the player is good fun. X

I'm going on Adventure in April on the TA. Do you think it will be the same guy? Is there any way I could find out? I love the piano bar if the player is good fun. X

Pop this question into the 'Anything Adventure of the Seas' thread, Robyn is boarding in couple of weeks on a B2B and she can find out :D

Before my RCCL cruises I always E-mail them to find out who the entertainment will be for our cruise. Also who the Captain and Cruise Director will be. Not that any of these things will make or break my cruise but it does give me more information to set expectations.

We enjoyed Paul O'Shea last week on Liberty of the Seas. Great musician and lots of fun singing along. He did repeat songs night-to-night, but only at audience request. He was TONS better than the guitar player singing in the pub!

We absolutely LOVED Paul O'Shea on Allure this past September. He was so much fun. We saw him throughout the ship and he would stop and chat with us. He's great on the Flowrider. He does have a "stalker" that follows him from ship to ship. Was she there? Older lady, always sits right next to him and most nights wears a boa (at least she did on our ship).

We absolutely LOVED Paul O'Shea on Allure this past September. He was so much fun. We saw him throughout the ship and he would stop and chat with us. He's great on the Flowrider. He does have a "stalker" that follows him from ship to ship. Was she there? Older lady, always sits right next to him and most nights wears a boa (at least she did on our ship).

We also enjoy Paul O'Shea. We were just on Liberty in Ocober in the Meditterranean and loved him so much, we booked a B2B on Liberty in 3 weeks just so we could hear him again. He's very fun. Plan on sitting there every night.

We enjoyed Paul O'Shea last week on Liberty of the Seas. Great musician and lots of fun singing along. He did repeat songs night-to-night, but only at audience request. He was TONS better than the guitar player singing in the pub!

We were probably on the same cruise - 1/24-1/28? We also enjoyed Paul O'Shea. The guitar player in the pub was awful!!! Surely RCI could find someone with a little bit of talent for the pub.

We were probably on the same cruise - 1/24-1/28? We also enjoyed Paul O'Shea. The guitar player in the pub was awful!!! Surely RCI could find someone with a little bit of talent for the pub.

Actually, you were getting on as I got off- we spent the weekend in Florida w/ my fiance's parents, so there was a lag time between when we got off the ship and when we got back to the real world! But yes- we stuck it out for about 3 songs in the pub and that was all we could handle. We were back to the Schooner bar on a couple different occasions!

I don't remember anyone in a boa- but that's super creepy! Poor guy is probably like 25!

That's great to hear as we are sailing next weekend!:) David Curtis is our favorite but he's on vacation. We've seen some pretty mediocre singers at the pianos on RCCL in the past. In December, the guy on Allure was very good, but after the first night we never saw him (or anyone) in Schooner after that.