Brownies from Gifts and Gear

dixieva

Has anyone ordered these brownies from Gifts and Gear? I was trying to decide something to order to surprise my daughter on our upcoming cruise. It's listed as 8 chocolate chunk brownies for $19.95. Just want to see if anyone has tried them.

Has anyone ordered these brownies from Gifts and Gear? I was trying to decide something to order to surprise my daughter on our upcoming cruise. It's listed as 8 chocolate chunk brownies for $19.95. Just want to see if anyone has tried them.

If you decide to order them, please report back.

I'd like to have them if they are good :)

I guess I just don't get it - or maybe I'm really cheap - but just can't see spending $20 for brownies on a ship with all kinds of included desserts.

And it would of course be just as impressing to tell your first-time cruiser friends to stand outside the stateroom door waiting with their eyes closed while you run to an included dessert and smuggle it to their cabin so that it will be a nice surprise for them when they finally get to walk through the door for the first time.

I guess I just don't get it - or maybe I'm really cheap - but just can't see spending $20 for brownies on a ship with all kinds of included desserts.

Well I didn't ask if anyone thought it was a good deal! I want to know if they are any good.

If I want to spend my money for brownies then that's what I'm going to do. You obviously don't get the whole idea of a SURPRISE waiting for someone in the cabin when they walk in for the first time!

You know, I actually made a similar comment about these brownies to my DH a few weeks ago and he said, "we'll, if we had more money, it might be different. Nice surprise for friends or family traveling with us." Kind if made me think that he might be...

I'd love to hear how they are! Are they the same one found anywhere else on board?

Why in the world would anyone buy something like that? Especially for $20.

Big surprise, most of them will probably end in the trash can after a few days.

You can go up to that coffee bar and get them for nothing extra.

Wrap it up, stick a R/C logo on it and people will buy just about anything..

Also, does anyone really need to have more brownies???

Don't listen to the naysayers. My wife and I took our very first cruise last Sept. It was on the Freedom and as a gift to her for the cruise I order her the Red Velvet Cupcakes. She said they were wonderful.

And we aren't moneybags, but I thought the cupcakes would be great for her.

So get the Brownies. If they are anything like the ones from the Cafe Promendade they will be great.

You can never have enough brownies!:D

Why would you care?

If red velvet cupcakes, brownies or even just the gesture would make a cruise extra special for you or someone you care about then by all means go for it. For 20.00 it is well worth it.

Hope your daughter loves them and shares with you.

Laura

I will be interested to see if the brownies are good.

I CAN vouch for the chocolate covered strawberries! OMGosh...they were to die for. Huge, ginormous strawberries on the plate with more than 3/4 of chocolate on them. I think there were about 6 but one would fill you up! These were sent to us complimentary by RC but you can order them.

I hope you have a great trip with your daughter. I'm betting she has a super cruise!

:p

You don't say how old your daughter is, she might enjoy a Mommy and Me Manicure or something as well???

This made me laugh! My daughter and I travel together all of the time. She is single and I am a widow. Just let me say that she is waaay too old for a mommy and me anything-except cruising:D! I have never ordered anything from gifts and gear before so I think she will love it.

And thank you so much for the unhelpful comments about wasting my money and not needing any more desserts-NOT! If you can't answer the question why feel the need to make a comment at all?

Looks like I will need to be the first to try these brownies. I'll let everyone know how they were-except those who think I shouldn't order them, you guys please ignore that thread!

And thank you so much for the unhelpful comments about wasting my money and not needing any more desserts-NOT! If you can't answer the question why feel the need to make a comment at all?

Agreed -I'd say a lot more but that might be interpreted as harassment, so I'll let it slide :D

Please report back, I'd like to have the brownies if they are good (and photos are appreciated) ;)

I have ordered this sort of thing for sailaway parties in our cabin but I wouldn't do it for just the two of us. No point!

I have similar thoughts... we wasted over half a cake on our last cruise because we were eating deserts from all of the venues and had no desire to eat the cake back in our room. The only reason even half of it was eaten was out of a sense of obligation because it had been purchased for us as a gift.

However, looking at her signature she is clearly an experienced traveler and well aware of how in abundance these things are. So if you want to spend the extra money then go for it. :) $20 in the grand scheme of things is not much (just pocket change to me) and won't hurt anyone even if they never get eaten.

I second that there is way too maybe free treats and snacks on the ship save the 20$.. I know my mom on our honeymoon cruise gave me $20 to buy a few drinks on board. something like that might be a better idea just sayin :)

Again-Thanks for all of the advice but the question was "have you ordered the brownies and were they any good?".

Not can we eat them all, not do we need them, not are they too expensive (of course they are!), not---oh never mind.

Again-Thanks for all of the advice but the question was "have you ordered the brownies and were they any good?".

Not can we eat them all, not do we need them, not are they too expensive (of course they are!), not---oh never mind.

I haven’t tried the brownies, but we have either ordered or been gifted many of the food items and have always been pleased.

It is nice to receive a special treat.

Enjoy

M

Archived