Brownies from Gifts and Gear

dixieva

OP: I am on your side here. But, I have not tried the brownies.

To those who "don't get it" - you probably never will - so don't buy anything. No problem, right?

But, for us: I have ordered room decorations, flowers, a cake, a fruit basket and even a candy tray (not all on the same cruise!), and it was awesome. When your family walks into their cabin and sees a note saying "Bon Voyage" or "Happy Birthday" beside a cake, or flowers, or brownies - it's the thought of the gift that counts. At least for us, it really does add to the excitment of getting on board, and to our room for the first time. I always get a "How sweet" from my wife - nice way to start a vacation. Did I mention the kids have their own cabin? ;)

Yup, I don't need the extra cake, or brownies - tons to eat onboard already, right? sure, $20 would be a couple of drinks at the pool. But, I still do those things - I don't skip on anything because I have spent $20 at gifts and gears.

It's just one of those little extra's that makes the giver and receiver feel good. If it doesn't float your boat - skip it :)

Again-Thanks for all of the advice but the question was "have you ordered the brownies and were they any good?".

Not can we eat them all, not do we need them, not are they too expensive (of course they are!), not---oh never mind.

Watch out! The spending police are on to you.:D

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2

Wow, I'm stunned at some of the responses to such a straight forward question. OP - I've not been on Royal yet, so I'm no help. But I'd say get the brownies, just the surprise alone is worth it. I'm taking my mom on our first Royal cruise in September. The cruise date is her birthday, 9/23, so I'm paying to have her cabin decorated. It's my understanding they decorate inside and outside (on the door). I can't WAIT to see the expression on her face. Worth every penny, IMHO.

:D

I have to agree with the OP; Toddcan's response was good but hey mine was a close second. ;) I was positive as well.

I don't understand all of these bizarre negative comments. I don't think the OP would have asked about Brownies if the $20 would ruin her cruise. :rolleyes:

Dixieva, I hope you have a wonderful time on your cruise WITH your brownies and your daughter and whatever else you decide to have waiting in your cabin upon arrival...truly.

I have to agree with the OP; Toddcan's response was good but hey mine was a close second. ;) I was positive as well.

I don't understand all of these bizarre negative comments. I don't think the OP would have asked about Brownies if the $20 would ruin her cruise. :rolleyes:

Dixieva, I hope you have a wonderful time on your cruise WITH your brownies and your daughter and whatever else you decide to have waiting in your cabin upon arrival...truly.

You're right-you deserve a prize too! So if I could send ToddCan brownies I would send you some too.

I'm almost afraid to ask another question but here goes: if I order the brownies under My cruises do they ask when you want them delivered or will they automatically be waiting in our room when we board? That's what I want done.

if I order the brownies under My cruises do they ask when you want them delivered or will they automatically be waiting in our room when we board? That's what I want done.

You can select a date, but they will be delivered only to your stateroom (unlike cakes which can also be ordered to the MDR).

In my experience it's been there waiting.

I also haven't had the brownies but can vouch for the cake, strawberries, and room decorations. Got the cake early in the cruise and snacked on it here and there throughout the week. You tell them when you are buying it what day you want it delivered to you.

You should totally do the room decorations as well as the brownies. Seeing the festive decorations as you walk down the hall to your room is just so cheery.

I was a solo traveler on my last cruise, which happened to fall over my birthday. You can't imagine how excited I was to come back into my stateroom after a day in port to find a big heaping cheese and cracker arrangement and bottle of wine that my folks had arranged to have delivered to me.

Yes, I could easily have gotten the same cheeses and probably the exact same cracker assortment by going up to the Windjammer, plopping them on a plastic plate, and carrying it back to my room at no cost, but let's face it...it's hardly the same experience.

Sometimes it's just not about the economics (if it was, we'd all be on Carnival!). It was a delightful surprise for me and it made my folks happy to be able to do something for me on my birthday.

As for RCCL making an extra few bucks by offering such a service, so be it.

If they are the same as the ones in the ponmanade (did I spell that right?) then they are yummy !! And I love the idea of a treat waiting in the cabin I was thinking of doing the same thing for my DH on our upcomming cruise . Who cares if it is a waste of my money I am sure if I didn't waste it on that I would throw it into the slot machine that would laugh at me as it eats my money ...but I enjoy that too :D

Really - you spend thousands on a cruise and then chided for considering spending another $20?

For what it's worth, I've not tried the brownies, but we DID have some friends surprise us with the chocolate covered strawberries. It was such a surprise and we thought it was very nice of them.

I don't know if you've seen the Carnival commercials where the couple is standing on their balcony eating the chocolate covered strawberries -- it always makes me laugh.

Ann

GREEAAATT! I've had the munchies since 1:45, and now I feel like brownies!!! They have avocado brownies downstairs in the Green Rebel food store in my office building that I've been meaning to try. Guess I will now. :p

Don't know about the brownies on the ship. Only one way to find out if you don't get a response. Go ahead and order hem. Get back to us on the taste test!! I too like the idea of a treat waiting in the cabin. I would prefer a nice new bathrobe however!!

I just ordered the brownies for my son as a surprise also. I read through all the posts to get an actual answer to your question. What a waste of time. Wish people would stop answering things that were not asked :mad:

They must not sell a lot of the brownies, because you haven't found anyone who's tried them. I can vouch for the chocolate covered strawberries being very good, but I, too, am no help on the brownies.

I say go for it and let us know if they were worth it.

I read through all the posts to get an actual answer to your question. What a waste of time. Wish people would stop answering things that were not asked :mad:

We are so sorry for making conversation and expressing our interest in the matter. Please do not take this personally :(

They must not sell a lot of the brownies, because you haven't found anyone who's tried them.

They are brand new, I saw them for the first time in Gifts and Gear just last week. I'd order them right away but my cruise isn't until May :)

Please report back on the brownies..and like others..now i want to make them tonight !!! :D

Like others have stated, I ordered cupcakes for my hubby....and once i ordered the kids snack pack for him...and he loved both !

Hope they turn out great for your daughter !

They must not sell a lot of the brownies, because you haven't found anyone who's tried them. I can vouch for the chocolate covered strawberries being very good, but I, too, am no help on the brownies.

I say go for it and let us know if they were worth it.

CC is really just a tiny portion of cruisers. I imagine if they were not popular, RCCL would remove the option for the gift selection.

Agreed - the choc. strawberries are always a big hit!

M

If they are delivered frozen then they will be taken to Guest Services for a refund or some unfrozen brownies.:D

If I got them as an amenity then I might deal with it but not gonna happen when I have paid $19.95 for them.

I am definitely going to order them and I will get back to everyone on how they taste. In all of my cruises I can honestly say that I have never eaten a brownie (lots of other desserts though) and I don't think I have ever seen any brownies around the ship. I don't go to the coffee bars where they have that sort of thing so maybe I missed them.

I hope the brownies are not delivered frozen like the cupcakes were when I requested them as one of our D+ amenities. Needless to say, they were very dry and not very good.

Exactly the same experience I had on the Freedom last year. I actually complained at Guest Relations and got the equivalent to what I spent in OBC :) Although.......I still don't get how they managed to send a frozen product considering they have a cupcake cupboard shoppe onboard??? :eek:

Archived