Bringing wine on board update

billroddy

You can check it with your luggage or you can carry it on. We have always carried it on ourselves. We sailed with a couple a few years ago that brought on 4 cases - just put a luggage tag on the boxes and they were delivered to their cabin. Mind you they were in the Penthouse for B2B and they hosted a wine tasting for our roll call.

Deb, I remember that party we had fun :) I have quite a few pictures from that little party.

I have this warped idea about not making extra work for the stewards - and, if I can't carry it on - I have too much:rolleyes: No judgements on anyone else - it's just me.

Do you also try to carry as much of your own luggage as you can manage onboard? :eek: :D

Do you also try to carry as much of your own luggage as you can manage onboard? :eek: :D

don't be silly:p Luggage is part of the deal ;) It's just my thinking - I make no judgements on anyone else:p

It's never that:D. It's always the really expensive stuff.

They had me fooled for the longest time. I kept picturing hoity toity's sniffing wine glasses up in the crows nest. As it turns out,it's simply taking a cab to Publix to load up on bottles of Two Buck Chuck.

What a letdown:(

Hope it's not the same people that whine about packing a jacket

but can tote cases of wine aboard?

nah that would be absurd:rolleyes:

Actually, I have used my sport jacket a few times to roll up around bottles of wine to protect them in my luggage. ;) You can always get the sport jacket pressed onboard.

Actually, I have used my sport jacket a few times to roll up around bottles of wine to protect them in my luggage. ;) You can always get the sport jacket pressed onboard.

Try 7bts of wine, 14 prs of underwear, and 14 prs of socks, in a small carry on, fits just right.

john

I agree with Melodie and KK....Carnival (as well as HAL) used to allow you to bring alcohol onboard years ago and also the option to purchase it in the shops to take to your room. All of a sudden it stopped and we had a bottle taken from us at embarkation (we didn't know about the change). It was very embarrassing and henceforth we decided to go land touring for awhile and ultimately we switched cruise lines when we wanted to cruise. At least HAL allows you to purchase alcohol online for delivery to your room, and the prices are not too bad either. This is a plus for HAL compared to some other lines. We are not teenagers and don't feel we need to be scolded by the "liquor police" on a cruise line. I hope HAL continues to allow folks to bring on wine as they would like. After all, we are the paying passenger, not in some kind of "detention camp".

That is what we do -- pre-orer alcohol for our cabin.

Works equally as well for my contraband bottle of Knob Creek *S*

We're not much for drinking liquor and if we feel like a drink, we'll just go to the bar. Prices are comparable to what we would pay at home. Will order a specialty cocktail once in awhile before dinner.

We do like a little Bailey's on ice at the end of the day. Sometimes ordered in a bar. Mostly, we sit on our balcony enjoying from the bottle we pre-order. Order and pay for it before we head to the ship, always there when we board. Wouldn't be worth trying to take it aboard ourselves.

Wine is a part of our lives. We celebrate with it, we enjoy our meals with it, we relax with it and we laugh with it.

We are on an up-coming Nieuw Amsterdam itinerary and we'll be bringing about a case aboard with our party of eight - for our room use. We have an Admiral's Package for our dinner use.

. . . yes - Total will box it for us and the porters will deliver the case to our room.

We are not violating either the rules nor the spirit of the rules to my knowledge.

Happy cruising to all!

Just a little FYI, While I have posted previously that I did not think/ or had heard that HAL was going to be changing the rules for bringing wine on board I have now heard from a couple of very reliable sources that in fact the rules will soon be changing with HAL. I believe the day of bringing cases of wine on board will be ending very soon. Unknown of exact date (not sure HAL knows the exact date)this will be starting. It is my understanding they will still allow much like Princess one bottle per adult.

Just a little FYI, While I have posted previously that I did not think/ or had heard that HAL was going to be changing the rules for bringing wine on board I have now heard from a couple of very reliable sources that in fact the rules will soon be changing with HAL. I believe the day of bringing cases of wine on board will be ending very soon. Unknown of exact date (not sure HAL knows the exact date)this will be starting. It is my understanding they will still allow much like Princess one bottle per adult.

Thx for the info Lisa.

Thanks Lisa - I do think that the cases of wine have helped bring the demise - I know others call it luggage - I continually respectfully disagree;)

appreciate the heads up - fingers crossed they wait until we sail - no case - but we would like to bring a few bottles as do many of our ship mates:) 9 days at sea lends few places to stock up!

smooth seas - and thank you again:D

Archived