Jewel to Cozumel or Monarch to Bahamas?

Ok we have a question for all you experienced cruisers out there... For a short get away would you take the Jewel of the Seas out of Tampa to Cozumel or Monarch of the Seas out of Port Canaveral to the Bahamas? Which would you do and Why? My husband and I have only taken one cruise before and it was on the Freedom of the Seas to the Virgin Islands(St Thomas, St Maarten and CocoCay) and we loved it! Now we just want a short cruise get away and are trying to decide between these two. All we are looking for is a little relaxation, some beach time and maybe a little shopping. Thanks for all your input. Cindy

The Jewel...more to see & do onboard...more dining choices...and you can book a balcony without paying for a suite which are the only cabins on Monarch that have balconies...and the Jewel has a lovely adults only solarium pool....

The 4 day on the Jewel was a decent amount cheaper than a 3 day on the Monarch and we couldn't figure out why. We were wondering if we were missing something.

Cindy

The Monarch is leaving the fleet soon, that could be causing the pricing difference. With that said, the Jewel is still a MUCH better option :D

###

The 4 day on the Jewel was a decent amount cheaper than a 3 day on the Monarch and we couldn't figure out why. We were wondering if we were missing something.

Cindy

I do the love monarch but I'd take the Jewel for a few reasons:

-Newer ship

-Extra day at sea 3vs4

-Less expensive

Sounds like there is no reason to book the Monarch.

The Jewel, hands down. She is a much nicer ship with West End to Broadway show, which is excellent. You want a beach day, book nachi cocom in Cozumel. Don't miss going up to the Viking Crown just before 7 pm to catch the ship sailing under the Skyway Bridge, its amazing.

I just got off the smokey Monarch. While Coco cay is my favorite stop, the Monarch just doesn't compare.

Thank you everybody for all your replies. I think it will definitely be the Jewel to Cozumel! :D

Good choice! We decided to do one of these "get away" cruises for my bday weekend in January and also chose the Jewel because it is a newer/larger/nicer ship (we had previously been to both Sovereign and Radiance classes). Even though I prefer the Bahamas over Cozumel we had a great time, the port was much better than our previous times there, and the ship was amazing for "just" a weekend cruise. We are now waiting for the Enchantment to move to PC to "try" it for a weekend ;)

Have fun!

Right now, I would choose the Jewel over the Monarch. Once the Monarch is replaced with the Enchantment in Port Canaveral after April 25, I would have a more difficult decision to make. When will you be cruising?

ZoeyVictoria we are looking at booking either the March 7 or March 21 cruise. We will know for sure in about a week which we do, but if you don't mind me asking is there a reason you would pick Enchantment over the Jewel?

I have been on the Jewel and the Majesty, Monarch's sister ship. I like both. The one thing that the Monarch has that the Jewel really could use is a Johnny Rocket's. I like eating in the Windjammer, but it's just nice to go into Johnny Rocket's and get a burger, endless fries, and a milkshake.

For my money the Jewel is hands down the better ship. It's newer and the public areas are nicer. Views are better. I felt more comfortable in the room and common areas for some reason. The Monarch also has a musty scent now and then...though it was better the last time I was on it. And I like Coz better than the Bahamas. So for me choosing between those ships is easy.

I have been on the Jewel and the Majesty, Monarch's sister ship. I like both. The one thing that the Monarch has that the Jewel really could use is a Johnny Rocket's. I like eating in the Windjammer, but it's just nice to go into Johnny Rocket's and get a burger, endless fries, and a milkshake.

The Monarch does not have a Johnny Rockets,like the Majesty does.

Well after all of the great help from the cc family, Cindy and I just booked our second cruise and we did pick the Jewel Of The Seas. Last time we agonized for about 14 months from booking till sail time. Now its only 24 days!! :D

Thanks again to all that commented and helped make the decisions a lot easier.

Jeff

Archived