Rip off Britain!

Prices for Adventure of the Seas 21st April 2013 Transatlantic crossing:

Book inside in the UK for a solo passenger £1023 including taxes.

Book inside in the US for a solo passenger £402 including taxes.

Book promenade in the UK for a solo passenger £1083 including taxes.

Book promenade in the US for a solo passenger £460 including taxes.

Good job I have an excellent US travel agent!

:eek: :eek: :eek:

I was surprised when I compared the US price in dollars to the price in our swedish krona for our Caribbean cruise next January.

We actually got a better deal paying in our local currency than we would have if we payed in dollars and let our credit card provider exchange the currency for us. :eek:

I did the same thing a couple of years ago and then I would have got a better deal paying in US dollars.

:eek: :eek: :eek:

I was surprised when I compared the US price in dollars to the price in our swedish krona for our Caribbean cruise next January.

We actually got a better deal paying in our local currency than we would have if we payed in dollars and let our credit card provider exchange the currency for us. :eek:

I did the same thing a couple of years ago and then I would have got a better deal paying in US dollars.

That's really interesting..... I had a poor offer from a US TA for a solo cruise a couple of years ago in comparison to the UK price.... I guess it pays to check each time.....

That's really interesting..... I had a poor offer from a US TA for a solo cruise a couple of years ago in comparison to the UK price.... I guess it pays to check each time.....

I guess so.

The margin to our swedish krona's favour was only a couple of dollars, but at the current exchange rate we got a better deal. That tells me RCI has done a better job adjusting their prices then last time I checked. :cool:

I am from the UK and im looking to book on the Allure for the 1st two weeks in December this year. Am I able to use a US Travel agent when im from the UK? Can anyone recommend one? Im doing a back to back on an oceanview balcony and it's costing us £3245 including gratuities and using one of the C&A saving certificates. That's for 2 adults! Does that sound ok or expensive?

Funny how it is. Sometimes the prices are nearly identical between US and German pricing, and sometimes there is a HUGE difference (and it can be in favour of either direction). We always wonder WHY the big difference :confused:

Part of the explanation may be that RCI don't update their prices on daily bases. When they set the price for a cruise they seem to set the price in € and other currencies at the same time. If the exchange rate between the euro and dollar change - the cruise price don't.

That may partly explain why the price may differ depending on when you compare the prices. It would however only explain a small price difference. Not a huge one. :confused:

Hi Mairilouise,

That is really expensive, not sure what oceanview cat you are in but it would be between $2600 - $3000 US or about 1,700 GBP for same trip with no C&A coupons being used.

Cheers,

It would cost about £1700 with gratuities for 2 people for 1 week. It's a D7 catergory so nothing special. We are going 2 weeks so we would be double that in the UK.

It would cost about £1700 with gratuities for 2 people for 1 week. It's a D7 catergory so nothing special. We are going 2 weeks so we would be double that in the UK.

Hi, just did a dummy booking for those two weeks (I'm in the US) and the the price you quote is nearly identical to what I would pay here, so I think it's a fair price. Mind you, Allure & Oasis are always significantly more expensive than other ships doing Caribbean runs the same weeks.

Hi, just did a dummy booking for those two weeks (I'm in the US) and the the price you quote is nearly identical to what I would pay here, so I think it's a fair price. Mind you, Allure & Oasis are always significantly more expensive than other ships doing Caribbean runs the same weeks.

Thanks very much for doing that, much appreciated. It's for our honeymoon so don't mind splashing out a bit for a one off. Just hope we don't love it that much we want to go every time lol.

Thanks very much for doing that, much appreciated. It's for our honeymoon so don't mind splashing out a bit for a one off. Just hope we don't love it that much we want to go every time lol.

You're very welcome. Allure is fabulous - what a wonderful way to spend your honeymoon !

I booked my cruise on Splendour from Venice through a US TA. Cost was $880 each.

Cost through UK site was £800 Each.

I saved over £500 by going through a US TA.This has paid for my flights and 2 nights Hotel pre-cruise & 1 Night after cruise.

Prices for Adventure of the Seas 21st April 2013 Transatlantic crossing:

Book inside in the UK for a solo passenger £1023 including taxes.

Book inside in the US for a solo passenger £402 including taxes.

Book promenade in the UK for a solo passenger £1083 including taxes.

Book promenade in the US for a solo passenger £460 including taxes.

Good job I have an excellent US travel agent!

Why is there such a difference in cost between US / UK? Why doesn't everyone in the UK deal with a Travel Agent in the US & save???

Thanks,

Joe

Wrong headline!

Shall read: RCI RIP-OFF Europe.

Here in Germany, same bull as in the UK. The price on the Serenade for TA fall is 500€ cheaper for our cabin when booking in USA (which we will do!).

RCI clearly does not care about their 2nd largest customer group=Europeans.

And remember the RCI discrimination towards Europeans: our soldiers, firemen, policemen do NOT get discounted fares, even if you work together with US colleagues in the same military office or fight side-by-side in AFG......

Archived