Where to find free food

Matt44

I'll be embarking on the Reflection Saturday and with the trending shift of having specialty restaurants and food on ships with cover charges I'm just wondering where the inclusive food is found. The main dining room, The Mast grill near the pool, the Buffet and maybe the bistro on 5, is that right?

Is there a cover charge for crepes?

Also I know on embarkation day things get a little weird and many of the venues are closed when you first get on the ship forcing you to go to the buffet or sometimes MDR. Is there any place to eat on embarkation day besides the buffet on the reflection? Its a bad noro year and i think I'd rather avoid it on the first day when all 3000 people are eating there.

I'll be embarking on the Reflection Saturday and with the trending shift of having specialty restaurants and food on ships with cover charges I'm just wondering where the inclusive food is found. The main dining room, The Mast grill near the pool, the Buffet and maybe the bistro on 5, is that right?

Also I know on embarkation day things get a little weird and many of the venues are closed when you first get on the ship forcing you to go to the buffet or sometimes MDR. Is there any place to eat on embarkation day besides the buffet on the reflection? Its a bad noro year and i think I'd rather avoid it on the first day when all 3000 people are eating there.

Aqua Spa Cafe is free. Bistro on 5 is not. Room service menu is free. Food free at Al Baccio, coffee and tea costs.

Bistro on Five costs $5 per person.

We went to Aqua Spa Cafe. It was empty and we had great food there.

Free food?

Main Dining Room

Blu (if you are Aqua Class)

Mast

Oceanview Cafe

Aqua Spa Cafe

Your cabin, any time

What is the earliest one can get room service on embarkation day?

Just wonderin'..............

Thanks!

Just want to clarify, the food in the venues listed isn't "free", it's included in your fare.

And although you can get pretty much any food through Room Service, it's suggested that you tip in cash --- between a couple of bucks for a small meal to $5 for a bunch of stuff.

Free Food? Hmmm.... Costco comes to mind - they have free samples almost every afternoon.

I've never had free food on a cruise ship since I never had a free cruise.

But, there are lots of places where you can get food for no extra charge:

Main dining room

Blu (if you are in an AQ cabin or suite)

Buffet

Mast Grill

AquaSpa Cafe

Cafe al Bacio (Pastries and tea sandwiches)

Room service

There are also some places where you can get food for an extra charge:

Lawn Club Grill

Murano

Qsine

Tuscan Grille

Bistro on five ($5 cover charge)

The Porch ($5 cover charge)

Cellarmasters bar - serves tapas snacks for a fee

Gelateria (extra cost for gelato there but no-extra charge ice cream in buffet is great so why pay?)

We met a couple on our Celebrity Solstice cruise who finally figured out on night 10 of a 12 night Australia/New Zealand that they could eat in the Main Dining room without paying extra. They were somehow confused that anytime dining, or whatever Celebrity calls it, meant that they had to pay extra. They ate at the buffet except for two nights when they ate in a specialty restaurant. Then on day 10 as they were going through some of their paperwork, they realized that they could eat in the main dining room without incurring an additional charge. It was their first cruise.

We met a couple on our Celebrity Solstice cruise who finally figured out on night 10 of a 12 night Australia/New Zealand that they could eat in the Main Dining room without paying extra. They were somehow confused that anytime dining, or whatever Celebrity calls it, meant that they had to pay extra. They ate at the buffet except for two nights when they ate in a specialty restaurant. Then on day 10 as they were going through some of their paperwork, they realized that they could eat in the main dining room without incurring an additional charge. It was their first cruise.

What a shame, we met acouple that had a similar situation. They were eating room service as they thought they would be charged in the MDR, it was five nights in before they mentioned something to us one afternoon about it. we put them straight but they felt very silly.:D

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1787406

I believe crepes at Bistro on 5 has a $5 cover charge...

It is, but its worth the $5. Its Crepes, Pananis and Salads, and yes you could have all 3. They also have Desert Crepes, and regular deserts.

I ate at Bistro on 5, twice during my cruise.

Diane in Music City

Archived