Second lawsuit filed in Triumph incident

doneinne

Well, she waited until she got home to get an IV so I think we can safely rule out "severe" dehydration.

As I said earlier in this thread, it can cause confusion which could have made her not realize how sick she was.

these are the same people who cut in front of you at a gas station...grocery store...the same folks that eat and then complain about the food to get stuff knoked off their bill....who see someone drop money and pick it up Without giving it back to the person who dropped it...if they get the wrong change back keep it...

I hope they win big money...then have a heart attack

wow, thanks for sharing. I read some pretty obnoxious, hateful things on these boards in the last week from some simple-minded people but your words take it to a new low. You may want to consider anger management.

I wondered at the fact that the plaintiff apparently did not seek immediate help/treatment getting off the ship. There were EMTs there.

But this got me to thinking about Carnival and what they did, if anything to check each passenger for probable need of medical attention. I do not recall any departing passenger mentioning that they talked to a medical person on the ride in or before getting off.

And add another four hours to the process of getting everyone off?

And add another four hours to the process of getting everyone off?

The logistics are challenging. When I said "ride in" my thinking was that a small team might have embarked just inside the bay, if it was reasonable to do so. The 10 hour ride in should have provided enough time. I wasn't thinking any long medical examination. Just something quick to pick out people in distress and give people the opportunity to ask for help.

It's more that I was curious if Carnival had attempted anything like that. Or were doing screening when passengers walked off.

i have not had the time or the desire to read thru all of these posts, so if what i am about to say has already been mentioned in some way shape or form please forgive.

Yes it is true that those on the triumph had a difficult 4 days but they were safe in no danger of sinking and had the coast guard with them the whole time., but to sue. Come on really.

There is another group of people that go thru what they did every day, and in a lot of cases more and are not safe.

No running water

no hot food

sleeping in tents

no true toilet facilities

trekking knee deep thru infested waters and mud

and in a lot more danger than those on that ship

i am talking of course about the men and women in our armed forces. Yes now they are all volunteers and have the choice but that is not always been the case. So i have a solution, let these poor folks sue, but if they should by some miracle win their cases, the monetary judgements that they may be rewarded, should be sent to those men and women that assure that they had that chance to go thru what they did but came back safely and go on with their live's

well said!!!!!!

Do you know this person and can verify that her suit is altruistic and not about the money. And "what Change" is she after.

I'm not talking about the lawsuit being discussed in this thread, but in general. Not all lawsuits are filed seeking monetary damages.

As I said earlier in this thread, it can cause confusion which could have made her not realize how sick she was.

I assume she filled out the customs declaration card right before getting off the ship with everyone else.. you know the one.. reads like all other government forms.

I assume it will all be gibberish proving her case and showing her confusion.

Otherwise, heaven for bid, it will show she was of sound mind.

(Gold fever obviously being caught shortly after arriving home) :p

The logistics are challenging. When I said "ride in" my thinking was that a small team might have embarked just inside the bay, if it was reasonable to do so. The 10 hour ride in should have provided enough time. I wasn't thinking any long medical examination. Just something quick to pick out people in distress and give people the opportunity to ask for help.

It's more that I was curious if Carnival had attempted anything like that. Or were doing screening when passengers walked off.

I would imagine there was a triage area someplace in the terminal for people who might have wanted assistance. How noticeable it might have been to an exhausted passenger is unknown.

I will preface this post with: I am not a lawyer but I have stayed in Holiday Inns...

Would this case have anything to do with the class action suit?

http://articles.latimes.com/2011/apr/28/business/la-fi-court-class-action-20110428

Maybe, the SC deciding on this exact matter, has some bearing on them being able to file this time? ... Just a Statistician so no idea how law and precedent works.

I would imagine there was a triage area someplace in the terminal for people who might have wanted assistance. How noticeable it might have been to an exhausted passenger is unknown.

Considering we all knew about the triage, I would HAZARD A GUESS that during the debriefing and customs inspections, etc. that were done prior to debark that passengers were made well aware of the medical assistance in place. We even heard, on these threads that a few people may have taken advantage of this service.

I think if I had any symptoms of dehydration: flu-like fatigue, nausea, blurry vision and headaches I would have made sure that was my first stop. But then I try to take care of my own health needs.

Considering we all knew about the triage, I would HAZARD A GUESS that during the debriefing and customs inspections, etc. that were done prior to debark that passengers were made well aware of the medical assistance in place. We even heard, on these threads that a few people may have taken advantage of this service.

I think if I had any symptoms of dehydration: flu-like fatigue, nausea, blurry vision and headaches I would have made sure that was my first stop. But then I try to take care of my own health needs.

Maybe after 5 days of this, you just wanted to get home, take a shower and be reunited with loved ones. How can you possibly sit there and pontificate about what someone "should have done". How absurd.

Maybe after 5 days of this, you just wanted to get home, take a shower and be reunited with loved ones. How can you possibly sit there and pontificate about what someone "should have done". How absurd.

If you are going to nitpic my post at least have the courtesy of interpreting what I said somewhat correctly. I specifically used the word "guess" and relayed only my personal feelings about what "I" would have done. It gets rather tiresome when other posters keep putting words in my mouth. What's the point?

I'm not aware of any triage. I am aware that there were EMS at the pier. Not aware of any posts by passengers indicating that they "were made well aware of the medical assistance in place". If I missed these, perhaps you'd be kind enough to provide the links.

It's comforting to know that at least some posters are always in full possession of their faculties, regardless of physical state.

I assume she filled out the customs declaration card right before getting off the ship with everyone else.. you know the one.. reads like all other government forms.

I assume it will all be gibberish proving her case and showing her confusion.

Otherwise, heaven for bid, it will show she was of sound mind.

(Gold fever obviously being caught shortly after arriving home) :p

I suspect that her lawyer would point out that the card would most likely have been completed on Wednesday, possibly early morning Thursday just before being processed by CBP. The full effects of dehydration may well not have been in evidence at that time.

Well, if someone can sue for standing in a line and too stupid to drink the water available I, and every other passenger who travels on public transit, should be suing our local government Transit Authority. We are crammed in like sardines to the trains and cars to commute to and from work....The loss of my personal space and the inability to change channels/songs on my portable satellite radio just compounds the problem. What is worse is we have to do this commute everyday, Monday to Friday, morning and evening...

We all knew there was going to be law suits and it was just a matter of time....I wonder if/when the lawyer is going to realize they can only go after Carnival for not having a good time. The ship, if you all remember, was seized in the spring/summer of 2012 when a law suit around the Costa Concordia was filed. They seized the ship, Carnival paid a fee/fine/whatever to keep the ship operating. Technically, the people who wants to sue should be going after the temporary owners of the ship--the passenger/victims of the Costa Concordia....

That is my take on it..

Makes me miss that thread with all the Pharmacists, Nurses, and TIB Nurses discussing insulin. If you didn't get to see that one it was a doozie !

Agreed but some of us do know a little about some things :o

But it amazes me that someone, on here, knows everything about anything:rolleyes:

If you are going to nitpic my post at least have the courtesy of interpreting what I said somewhat correctly. I specifically used the word "guess" and relayed only my personal feelings about what "I" would have done. It gets rather tiresome when other posters keep putting words in my mouth. What's the point?

the point is that you don't know what you're talking about and are trying to sound like some insightful psydo-intellectual armchair lawyer/medical expert. I will guess that you also have to have the "last word". What you have "to say" is not that important that someone wants to "put words in your mouth." LOL.

Lol! You have to start wondering, if people are reading into your posts over and over again or interpreting them incorrectly, if the problem is actually you.

Maybe the problem is you post something, someone questions exactly what you said and then you claim they didn't read your post. I'm really starting to believe you don't even know what you are posting.

Archived