The definitive Cheers program Thread

pbsteve

I don't know if it's worth it for a couple or not as you both have to purchase the program. I bought mine after I sucked down my first beer in 10mins and realized I could easily do that 10 times. I didn't want to have to worry about my bill at the end so I just purchased the program. It made for a much more enjoyable time not having to worry about what kind of bill I was running up. I ended up trying cocktails I normally wouldn't have drank. In room drinks aren't included but you find certain beers that certain bartenders won't open and nobody stops you from carrying it back to your room unopened. I brought home a 6-pack of 16 oz Heinekens. I would suggest not booking an all-inclusive excursion. Do something without alcohol so you can drink on the ship that night. I paid $250 for the program (before gratuity) and my final bill would have been $425 before gratuity. Now my bill wouldn't have been that high had I not bought cheers. You could take off $36 for the beers I brought home. You could take off some of the cocktails I wouldn't have normally bought. I still think I would've hit $250 or more though. Either way it was nice not to have to worry about it. I will figure that cost into my future cruise planning for sure.

I'd rather play it safe than be sorry at the end! This is why we have always done "all-inclusive" resort stays (Sandals, Excellence Group) so that there is not surprise & we can eat/drink until our hearts content :)

Thanks for the input, very much appreicated!

Make an honest assessment of what you would both drink, add up the cost, and see if you at least break even. You don't have to drink 15 a day, just enough for the even point. That might help him decide. Even if there is no savings at least the 'surprise' at the end will be eliminated when you get your sail and sign bill. :p

I agree, I need to just "spell" it out for him...........I hate surprises, LOL!!

Does anyone know if on the Fascination they will make me buy the soda cArd for my 2 kids in the same cabin as myself and husband if we get the cheers program? Last year on he Paradise I did not have to get them the soda package and just got them soda with my card.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Does anyone know if on the Fascination they will make me buy the soda cArd for my 2 kids in the same cabin as myself and husband if we get the cheers program? Last year on he Paradise I did not have to get them the soda package and just got them soda with my card.

No, you do not have to buy the soda card for your kids. However, sharing is not allowed on the cheers program, so you really should not be getting soda's for your kids on your card. However, like all rules, you can certainly break them and get away with it most of the time

I'd skip the soda card for the kids.

• 2 weeks later...

I was jumping around a few pages to see if I could find my answer but this is a long thread ( But very helpful :) and couldn't verify my question.

I saw someone mentioned a 3 nighter is $69.95 pp, but is the 4 nighter $49.95 pp? I am going on the Splendor to Canada at the end of the month. Thought this would work for my friend and I. Also, is it valid when you are in port? ( St Johns)

Thanks in advance.

I was jumping around a few pages to see if I could find my answer but this is a long thread ( But very helpful :) and couldn't verify my question.

I saw someone mentioned a 3 nighter is $69.95 pp, but is the 4 nighter $49.95 pp? I am going on the Splendor to Canada at the end of the month. Thought this would work for my friend and I. Also, is it valid when you are in port? ( St Johns)

Thanks in advance.

While your in port & on the ship it is valid...you will pay tax on each drink also.

Thanks in advance.

Yes - It is valid any time on the ship, whilst in port or not.

-Buzz

Thanks in advance.

New pricing structure as of a few days ago:

3 day cruises $55/day

4 day cruises $45. "

5 day cruises $42.50 "

7-8 day cruises $37.50 "

Plus 15% gratuity.

longer cruises are priced on a cruise specific basis

Edited by Bookbug53

After reading about being "Cut-off" at 15 drinks, does anyone have experience of trying to purchase a bottle of wine at that point? (I assume some bars can sell bottles?)

If so, was it allowed?

It's hard to understand why Carnival would refuse revenue provided you are not drunk.

I feel like this has been covered but I started second guessing myself and thought that it couldn't hurt to ask..

For 7 day cruises leaving out of Galveston, we are not able to purchase Cheers on the first day. Because we are purchasing cheers for only 6 days, do we get penalized and have to pay the "5 or 6 day" rate? Or do we just pay for 6 days at the 7 day rate? I had assumed it would be the 7 day rate but I could be wrong.

I feel like this has been covered but I started second guessing myself and thought that it couldn't hurt to ask..

For 7 day cruises leaving out of Galveston, we are not able to purchase Cheers on the first day. Because we are purchasing cheers for only 6 days, do we get penalized and have to pay the "5 or 6 day" rate? Or do we just pay for 6 days at the 7 day rate? I had assumed it would be the 7 day rate but I could be wrong.

GREAT question! Sorry I can't answer, but hopefully someone will.

Regarding the plus 15 question, all I can say is your mileage may vary, but.... sticking with same servers and tips in cash do not hurt your chances

Looking forward to the savings on our next 8 day with the new price structure.

Cheers ;)

It is at the 7 day rate and you pay for only 6 days.

If I decide to purchase the Cheers program, say, later in the evening of my first day on the ship, but have already purchased a drink or two prior to purchasing the package, would the drinks that I purchased (prior to the package purchase), be charged individually or would they go on my pkg? Sorry if this has already been answered.

Sent from my KFTHWI using Forums mobile app

If I decide to purchase the Cheers program, say, later in the evening of my first day on the ship, but have already purchased a drink or two prior to purchasing the package, would the drinks that I purchased (prior to the package purchase), be charged individually or would they go on my pkg? Sorry if this has already been answered.

Sent from my KFTHWI using Forums mobile app

Pretty sure anything you purchase before you sign up for cheers is separate charges and won't be credited.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums