Morning Dress Code in Blu

Wonders10

Hi everyone!

I've traveled AQ before and love love their breakfast. This next cruise I'm planning on hitting the gym a few days and would like to head straight to Blu after I workout. I don't wear anything risqué, shorts and a solid tee or capris and a tank, and I plan on wearing a cardigan depending on my top. No mid-riffs or shorty shorts...so would I be ok to dine in Blu? I never really paid attention to what others were wearing before there.

Thanks!

Hi everyone!

I've traveled AQ before and love love their breakfast. This next cruise I'm planning on hitting the gym a few days and would like to head straight to Blu after I workout. I don't wear anything risqué, shorts and a solid tee or capris and a tank, and I plan on wearing a cardigan depending on my top. No mid-riffs or shorty shorts...so would I be ok to dine in Blu? I never really paid attention to what others were wearing before there.

Thanks!

Yes, but won't you be sort of sweaty from working out?:eek:

Yes, but won't you be sort of sweaty from working out?:eek:

No sweatier than after some excursions I've gone on :D

Seriously though, I will sweat but I don't plan on getting that hardcore, especially on vacation. Nothing a walk through the AC and a towel won't fix. I've been working out with a trainer since November and I really don't want to lose my momentum.

Seriously though, I will sweat but I don't plan on getting that hardcore, especially on vacation. Nothing a walk through the AC and a towel won't fix. I've been working out with a trainer since November and I really don't want to lose my momentum.

I will be eating breakfast in Blu in shorts and top too. So yes, it is

ok. The closest I get to the gym? Walking by it;)

Hi everyone!

Thanks!

I've eaten breakfast in Blu many times and there are always people dressed in what I would say qualifies as gym gear (t-shirt/shorts, workout pants/t-shirt) No one has ever come in with a sports bra on or anything ;-)!! So as to your actual question the outfit should be fine. I'll refrain from commenting on anything else :) I'm hardly one to judge to often go to the grocery store after working out!

I've eaten breakfast in Blu many times and there are always people dressed in what I would say qualifies as gym gear (t-shirt/shorts, workout pants/t-shirt) No one has ever come in with a sports bra on or anything ;-)!! So as to your actual question the outfit should be fine. I'll refrain from commenting on anything else :) I'm hardly one to judge to often go to the grocery store after working out!

Yes, I've dressed like that too, coming from my stateroom after showering. If you're coming directly from the gym, stop by your stateroom and shower before coming to breakfast. :rolleyes:

The have a certain brand/model of stair machine on both S and M class ships. Not just for cardio, it is the single most effective piece of workout equipment I have ever used. Every muscle from fingers to toes is used in a nicely balanced workout. :)

Enjoy! (and just IGNORE the fashion police!) :rolleyes:

Hi everyone!

Thanks!

Sounds okay to me.

I will be eating breakfast in Blu in shorts and top too. So yes, it is

ok. The closest I get to the gym? Walking by it;)

The first thing I do when boarding a new ship is to walk around to know where everything is....my main focus (without my wife's knowledge) is to locate the gym so that I don't accidentally walk anywhere near it on the cruise.

The first thing I do when boarding a new ship is to walk around to know where everything is....my main focus (without my wife's knowledge) is to locate the gym so that I don't accidentally walk anywhere near it on the cruise.

I like your style so much that I will emulate in the future :):) Should be in the top tips section.

The have a certain brand/model of stair machine on both S and M class ships. Not just for cardio, it is the single most effective piece of workout equipment I have ever used. Every muscle from fingers to toes is used in a nicely balanced workout. :)

Enjoy! (and just IGNORE the fashion police!) :rolleyes:

So is this machine like an elliptical? Sounds interesting, but not sure what it looks like. I've asked my trainer to make a shortened version of my usual workouts 3x/week. I know I won't make it in everyday but if I could go 3-4x over the week plus the swimming I'll be doing onboard and on excursions, I think I'll be ok and not lose too much of my momentum. I learned after taking almost a week off when I had the flu, that it feels like you lost all of your strength and endurance. Crazy.

I will enjoy...and feel less guilty about all the delicious food I'll be eating!

we save our workout clothes for the gym, but sometimes on a ship folks wear plain old shorts & a Tee...so it depends on the outfit & the hygiene factors....

most cabins are convenient to the gym on way to BLU...even just to change a shirt!

they do have nice equip but some weight machines require conversion from metric...be prepared!

I work out almost every day and appreciate that you don't want to lose any of your conditioning while on the cruise.

But really, I'm with the other posters who suggest that you stop by your room before going to the restaurant. It would take less than 10 minutes to shower off & put on a fresh t-shirt/shorts. I'm not the fashion police by any means! But as an athlete, I think it's gross to subject fellow dining patrons to my post-workout self. Many gyms require you to clean off equipment after you use it - whether or not you think you are sweating - because you ARE sweating! So why would you wear those same clothes to sit in a restaurant chair?

So is this machine like an elliptical? Sounds interesting, but not sure what it looks like. I've asked my trainer to make a shortened version of my usual workouts 3x/week. I know I won't make it in everyday but if I could go 3-4x over the week plus the swimming I'll be doing onboard and on excursions, I think I'll be ok and not lose too much of my momentum. I learned after taking almost a week off when I had the flu, that it feels like you lost all of your strength and endurance. Crazy.

I will enjoy...and feel less guilty about all the delicious food I'll be eating!

Do a search for "Life Fitness Summit Trainer" I have found at least one, and sometimes two, machines in every X gym so far. Infinity, Connie, and Solstice.

They are not very popular because they REALLY work you, WAYYY more than a treadmill or elliptical which I find to be cardio only. I FORCE myself to hit the gym and this machine twice every day. (but it's nowhere NEAR as enjoyable as Tuscan Grille!)

It's the ONLY way I've found... to stay ahead of the pounds!!! :D

Archived