Quiet Spots on Oasis of the Seas

Hi....

I'm new to cruisecritic.com We just booked a cruise on oasis of the seas. One of my favorite things I've enjoyed in the past is just relaxing in a quiet spot with a good book and watching the ocean. Are there any secret/quiet spots that I'll be able to do this? Looking at the ship it seems like most floors are taken up by private balconies. And I don't necessarily want to be hanging out by the pools.

1. "Secret" balconies, accessed by going aft on decks 11, 12 or 14 through the cabin corridors on either side, there is a door out to these balconies overlooking the Aqutheater and Ocean. Chairs are there too. No adjacent restrooms. Or Bars.

2. Deck 14 wings and sundeck. Accessed via deck 14 port side corridor all the way forward. Chairs here. Note, again, no washrooms or bars, and no shade either. But good ocena view.

3. Deck 5, jogging track aft, there are wooden loungers and chairs set up right off the track overlooking the ship's wake. Cool view, out of sun, but there will be runners and walkers going behind you the whole time

4. Solarium can be pretty restful deck 15 and 16 forward.

First ones off the top of my head....

bobj

. Are there any secret/quiet spots that I'll be able to do this?

This is deck 5 aft.

This picture was taken when we were docking and backing in to Jamaica, so it was "crowded".

Usually no one is there.

_DSC0219.jpg

The chapel if it is empty and it seemed to be empty often. I think its on deck 16 or 17. It's by the Crown Loft Suites. Also the library is pretty quite. I forget which deck that's on. No ocean views but quite and nice décor.

The suites only sun deck above the Solaruim becomes the cigar bar after 7PM, open to the masses. (At least it did on our sailing). The area is so large that you can be away from the cigar smokers if that would bother you. There is a bar and really comfy furniture. We loved it. I missed it totally the first time we were on Oasis. Have a great cruise!

We pretty much had the upper level of the Solarium to ourselves. Also, the back jogging deck was pretty quiet. The "secret" balconies above the Auqasuites were hardly ever used except during the water shows, and would be a good place to get some quiet.

• 4 years later...
Sorry for the bump, but I had this thread bookmarked for an upcoming Oasis cruise. I just found out the Viking Lounge is no more. Can anyone tell me if the rest of these are still around?

VIking Crown is no longer open to all guests, and the secret balconies are gone, except for those on deck 7. All the other mentioned spots are still there.

Sorry for the bump, but I had this thread bookmarked for an upcoming Oasis cruise. I just found out the Viking Lounge is no more. Can anyone tell me if the rest of these are still around?

The deck 5 lounge chairs behind the running track and aqua theater are still there and very peaceful, especially in the morning. Brought coffee and pastries from the Promenade Cafe there super early one morning this past June while DW was doing her daily early morning run and enjoyed the breeze while I watched the ocean and the ship's wake along with the sunrise.

Deck 14 sun deck is also still there although we only visited once pulling into a port and it was crowded. May be less crowded during more random times.

Lastly, we often laid out on deck 16 above the solarium near the solarium bar (had both shade and sun) and found it very peaceful. Also allowed DW to go right downstairs for a dip in the pool when she got hot.

VIking Crown is no longer open to all guests, and the secret balconies are gone, except for those on deck 7. All the other mentioned spots are still there.

What is the Viking Crown used for now?

What is the Viking Crown used for now?

On Oasis: Suite Lounge, Chef's Table, and Coastal Kitchen.

So actually, I was not completely accurate when I said that VC was not open to all guests. If a guest opts for Chef's Table, they will have access to Viking Crown for the duration of that event.

On Oasis: Suite Lounge, Chef's Table, and Coastal Kitchen.

So actually, I was not completely accurate when I said that VC was not open to all guests. If a guest opts for Chef's Table, they will have access to Viking Crown for the duration of that event.

Booked a cruise for us and our grown son & wife for this Oct. We took our parents 3 years ago. The more I read on CC the more sorry I am that it's past final payment! They charge for room service now, took away the secret balconies and now the Viking Crown isn't open to the public!! Sounds like I know why we LOVE Princess cruises, this will be our last RC cruise!!

Booked a cruise for us and our grown son & wife for this Oct. We took our parents 3 years ago. The more I read on CC the more sorry I am that it's past final payment! They charge for room service now, took away the secret balconies and now the Viking Crown isn't open to the public!! Sounds like I know why we LOVE Princess cruises, this will be our last RC cruise!!

I won't lie, I'm having a tiny bit of buyer's remorse, but I needed to leave out of Orlando for this trip and RC had the itinerary I wanted. (My primary line has been NCL, and I'm losing a lot--good buffet, large thermal suite with indoor pool and ocean views (everything with ocean views!), solo studios, more/later dining options), and I believe at this point what I'm mostly gaining is a slightly larger room (since I'm used to 99sf studios), much cheaper and much better internet, and hopefully a less chaotic embark and disembark experience.

I'm hoping to come back and say that the feeling of disconnect from the sea is overstated, and that the Windjammer isn't as terrible as it's made out to be, but my optimism is dwindling as I look at more pictures and trip reports.

(Loved my single cruise on the Royal Princess, by the way, although we had a suite.)

I'm hoping to come back and say that the feeling of disconnect from the sea is overstated, and that the Windjammer isn't as terrible as it's made out to be, but my optimism is dwindling as I look at more pictures and trip reports.

You either didn't read mine or they were in the minority of those you did read. I had no issue with the WJ for dinner last month. For breakfast/lunch you have other good options like Park Cafe, Solarium Bistro, and Wipeout Cafe. I strongly suggest checking them all out and deciding if you prefer one over another (or eat at more than one like we did).

In the hopes of raising your optimism, here are my two reviews from earlier this summer...

June 4-11: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2510694

July 9-16: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2523340

First of all congrats as a host! Well deserved.

Second, what happened to the "secret" balconies on deck 14?

You either didn't read mine or they were in the minority of those you did read. I had no issue with the WJ for dinner last month. For breakfast/lunch you have other good options like Park Cafe, Solarium Bistro, and Wipeout Cafe. I strongly suggest checking them all out and deciding if you prefer one over another (or eat at more than one like we did).

In the hopes of raising your optimism, here are my two reviews from earlier this summer...

June 4-11: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2510694

July 9-16: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2523340

Thanks (sincerely), checking them out.

3. Deck 5, jogging track aft, there are wooden loungers and chairs set up right off the track overlooking the ship's wake. Cool view, out of sun, but there will be runners and walkers going behind you the whole time

bobj

It's a runnning track when I'm on it. Plus don't move your chair onto the track unless you want an upclose look at the wake. :evilsmile:

You can go to Dazzles during the day. Go upstairs, tables and chairs or big booths. No ever up there during the day and it has a great view, cool, and quiet. happy cruising.

Do you have a view of the ocean from Dazzles? I thought it was located in the center of the ship.