Princess News

Shogun

The 20 things were cool but definitely not earth shattering! I wish Princess had worked a little harder to try to beat the other cruise lines to some truly unique innovations, not just offshoots of existing ones.

A nice thought, but how many truly innovative things are left out there that either the other cruise lines don't already have, or that wouldn't 'fit' into the Princess Cruises 'style'. Imagine the outrage if they had installed a giant water park with slides and giant multi-colored tubes going everywhere. Or a deep-freeze martini bar, a garden park, high wire ropes-style obstacle course, or Guys Burger joint. Then Princess would be called a copy-cat.

agreed - especially the part about no one will be required to use a personal device to access the information. Just like with the Disney model, it's available for people who want to take advantage of it - and those who don't will not have to (although the ability to get data electronically may put those using devices at an advantage for reservations and such).

And the transition won't be immediate - I'm hearing that the Disney system has it's issues.

Of course Disney has it's issues, their IT department is not the best. Though as a DVC memeber was shocked at how well the online booking system worked when it went live. The old Verizon app worked well, used it mainly to book ADR's and check wait times/FP times for rides on the other side of a park.

Was on the Epic and the app you could use for free was nice, but easier to pull out the Daily and look. The interactive booking on the tv was easy to use, last day a few of us decided to book the Cirque dinner show, desk was closed while we were in port so we just booked via the tv.

There were several of the "20 Things" that I really liked; the on-demand tv sounds wonderful; we've used something similar on Celebrity. Also Pub Lunches everyday, new shows are always great, and the face-recognition photo system, which we loved using on RCI. No more maddening searches for 'our' photos.

The water shows by the pool sound interesting, though it depends on just what they are. The Royal Princess is going to be better than I expected.

I may just be a sceptic but has anyone else thought that maybe Shogun is not in with so many of the Princess hierarchy as we thisnk and someone may have been setting him up because they are tired of his name dropping and hinting that he knows something that no-one else knows.

Rats! I thought maybe the announcement had to do with the sudden departure of Martin Hall, the former VP of Entertainment for Princess cruise line. There's been lots of speculation about what led to his sudden departure, only 3 months before the Royal is on-line. Our son made an unplanned call to us last week, asking if we'd heard anything on cruise critic about "the rest of the story". Lots of speculation and rumors going around, but nothing official yet.

Anyone remember the theme song from the musical Annie?

Tomorrow! Tomorrow! I love ya Tomorrow! You're always a day away! which seems to apply to this thread as the promised big news hasn't been disclosed. ;)

I would have preferred to have the thread started when the info was released instead of waiting for it to be declassified so the common folk like me could learn about the big news. :rolleyes:

You know, I'll bet Shogun was sorry he started this thread two days ago. Let smarmy remarks spoken sideways to Shogun REST. If you feel that way, stop thinking about it, and don't keep checking the thread!

JEEZ.

So only one point of view is allowed in this discussion? :eek:

Rats! I thought maybe the announcement had to do with the sudden departure of Martin Hall, the former VP of Entertainment for Princess cruise line. There's been lots of speculation about what led to his sudden departure, only 3 months before the Royal is on-line. Our son made an unplanned call to us last week, asking if we'd heard anything on cruise critic about "the rest of the story". Lots of speculation and rumors going around, but nothing official yet.

Is this true? For really and truly true? 'Cause I didn't quite understand where he was taking Princess entertainment, to be honest. His whole "Covent Garden" in the Piazza sounded great in theory (I'm sure), but in practice, I saw four curved stone staircases lined with people as an accident waiting to happen.

I may just be a sceptic but has anyone else thought that maybe Shogun is not in with so many of the Princess hierarchy as we thisnk and someone may have been setting him up because they are tired of his name dropping and hinting that he knows something that no-one else knows.

Agree!!. Too much name dropping and showing off.

Hi All

Josy1953 if you go to what I posted,

I said expect some news from Princess, that was all, nothing more, did not

say big news, or mega news or anythingelse, simple little statement

which Princess confirmed the following day that it is to hold a press

conference,

after the conference some asked if there was more news to come

I said yes

Princess has now posted on facebook that more news is coming out next

week,

everythingelse has been made up by folks like yourself,

yours Shogun

So only one point of view is allowed in this discussion? :eek:

Thats certainly what it looks like. Some people dont understand the concept of a forum!!:confused:

I think Shogun gets it. This "point of view" was pretty darn clear quite a while ago. He's obviously not responding to the smarmy remarks aimed at him, but has posted since they began, so it's pretty safe to say he's read them.

So, what's the point in continuing to whine at him? No one would be whining if the "big" info had been announced.

Gad, I'm so sick of whining, piddle-fight picking posts.

It's not a surprise if he's gone...either he strongly objected to the new entertainment format against the wishes of the executives or he created the failure.

I think Shogun gets it. This "point of view" was pretty darn clear quite a while ago. He's obviously not responding to the smarmy remarks aimed at him, but has posted since they began, so it's pretty safe to say he's read them.

What I don't get is why people feel they need to fight for Shogun. He's been around for a long time and knows what these boards are like - I'm sure he was aware of what the responses would be given his initial post. Seems he's a big boy and can take care of himself.

Unfortunately for Sho, the "announcement" from Princess was really rather tepid...I mean everyone knows a new ship is coming and that there would be some new features - Princess has been talking about it for a year now? The announcement next week of the Godmother (which is odd considering the "madrina" was there for the float-out) probably won't be earth shattering either. So unless he knows something else, I hope he's got his seatbelt fastened.

I do find it interesting that Princess needed to have a major press release at a trade show to tout some rather minor features of the new ship. Maybe they realize Royal Princess ain't all that and they're trying to get some excitement around her.

You know, I'll bet Shogun was sorry he started this thread two days ago. Let smarmy remarks spoken sideways to Shogun REST. If you feel that way, stop thinking about it, and don't keep checking the thread!

JEEZ.

So, what's the point in continuing to whine at him? No one would be whining if the "big" info had been announced.

Gad, I'm so sick of whining, piddle-fight picking posts.

There's always the option to stop checking the thread as was suggested to others when a forum discussion is too upsetting with different points of view?

There's always the option to stop checking the thread as was suggested to others when a forum discussion is too upsetting with different points of view?
Another option is to put people on the ignore list. Works for me. When I use Tapatalk, I don't see their posts or even get a message that they are on my ignore list. Actually, I see fewer and fewer posts, because the list keeps getting larger.

Touche

Mmm, technically, not really, because I am checking back to see if the other news has been released. Not to complain about the fact that it hasn 't been, or that Shogun opened a can of worms prematurely.

In that process...I cant help but read the whinings.

That being said, I don't know who Shogun is. I've seen it alluded that he's connected, and on that, well, so what. I'm sure there are a lot of connected people running around incognito on here, and he's just the only one who exposes it. WTH, he may not be! this is the internet after all. So, I'm not defending him. I just don't see any point in bashing the guy because his leak didn't work out. I do recall posting on another thread that it would be ROCKIN if he were the actual upgrade fairy, and he's taking names. :D Wouldn't that be grand?

So, Shogun started this, it didn't work out...so what's the point in bashing him? Or being angry with him? Does it change a thing? No. Can he go back and undo it? No.

(Hey Sho! Can I have a suite pretty please! LOL)

No, you haven't missed anything yet.

Yes, he was expecting something else to be announced. I'm sure the info will come out soon, and Shogun will hopefully let us know that was what he was talking about.

Thanks. I thought maybe I passed over it and didn't want to read through all the posts again.

Hi Amuse Bouche

The problem is or was there never going to be a big leak,

I started this thread by saying

expect some news from Princess tomorrow, watch media, that was all,

nothing more, did not

say big news, or mega news or anythingelse, simple little statement

which Princess confirmed the following day that it is to hold a press

conference, some folks were not impressed with the news,

after the conference some asked if there was more news to come

I said yes

Princess has now posted on facebook that more news is coming out next

week, will they like that news may be not may be it will be a let down to

them as well.

yours shogun

Rats! I thought maybe the announcement had to do with the sudden departure of Martin Hall, the former VP of Entertainment for Princess cruise line. There's been lots of speculation about what led to his sudden departure, only 3 months before the Royal is on-line.

It's not a surprise if he's gone...either he strongly objected to the new entertainment format against the wishes of the executives or he created the failure.

Gee, after all this praise as posted on Cruise Critic: http://www.cruisecritic.com/articles.cfm?ID=251

CC: Where do you get your ideas?

Rai Caluori, senior vice president, fleet operations for Princess Cruises: Martin Hall, our vice president of entertainment, is incredibly creative. He keeps a close eye on pop culture. People are bombarded with information and you have to come up with something that appeals to a broad audience.

Archived