I'm angry...the prices went down BIG TIME!!

Rated

I bought a new car last summer...should I be pissed if the same model is cheaper this year?? Maybe I can call the dealer and re-negotiate....

Maybe you should, if you bought the car last summer and haven't actually taken delivery of it yet. :cool:

Oh...right...today is the 12th.

How would it work if I cancelled? They would refund me? how?

Should I mention to them I will just cancel and re-book (on the phone? )

I would ask if you can cancel and rebook to get an upgraded cabin or a lower rate. Put on the charm, explain that you are a first time cruisers trying to figure this out and really, really need their help. They will most likely say they can get you the upgraded cabin for what you paid already.

If they don't seem to have a clue as to what they are doing, don't change anything, thank them for their help and say you need to think about it. Hang up the phone and call back and see if you get a more experienced person.

I agree with Marci . I would call first and see if they will credit you. If not I would cancel online and re-book. Your credit will go back to the credit card you used for payment.

Also like Marci said, before you hit the cancel button make sure there is no penalty charges. I would also put a courtesy hold on a cabin BEFORE cancelling my original reservation

Edited by molly361

should I let them know I am a first time cruiser? Or could they spin that against me?

I don't think it matters. The thing is, it is technically a Tuesday sale, so they may not actually be 'allowed' to refund you for that. But it wouldn't hurt to call and ask. Otherwise you would have to cancel and then rebook on the website.

As Bob says, I don't know if there is a 'wait period' like the WOW sale that will not let you rebook if you cancel within a certain time frame. I don't think so, but it is a risk. I don't know if the computer would catch it.

I am pretty sure I am going to cancel my own 5/25 booking and rebook after final after I see these shenanigans.

Edited by marci22

should I let them know I am a first time cruiser? Or could they spin that against me?

If it were me I would let them know that - and that you really need their help. After all they want you to be happy so that you will come back to RCI again. But you could also mention you've talked with other experienced cruisers who have suggested that maybe a stateroom upgrade could be arranged. But either way call ASAP.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

If they don't seem to have a clue as to what they are doing, don't change anything, thank them for their help and say you need to think about it. Hang up the phone and call back and see if you get a more experienced person.

I agree with this advice! (although be careful I have done this and gotten the same person again. Listen for the name).

Edited by marci22

Just one inside cabin.

I don't think it will hurt you to say it or not say it. I don't think the number of cabins makes a difference either.

Just call them and ask some questions, be specific and be polite. Don't change anything if you don't like what they offer.

You have to call though, so get off of here, go call and then come back and tell us about your new great cabin!:eek:;):D

Just one inside cabin.

Well call now and see what they say. You could get a person who says 'that's silly, you can cancel and rebook' or they might say 'Tuesday sales are for new bookings only, you can't cancel and rebook.

If it doesn't work, it's only $200. I've seen price drops that are A LOT worse, and people can't do anything.

I don't think the number of cabins makes a difference either.

I was thinking that if multiple people are involved, they might not want to chance cancelling/rebooking. But if it was just me and DH, I'd do it. Even if there is a rebooking wait period, you could probably get a cabin for 2 at a better price, but multiple cabins would be harder.

It's not so much the $200...

it's the better room I would get that I didn't get because it was $300 more...

now it's $200 cheaper than what I paid..

= $500 difference

What room is it that you want? What is it now? What did you pay? (explain your math)

Sounds like the higher grade room is now cheaper than what you paid. In that case, they will not upgrade you for a Tuesday sale. You have to pay more money (at least $1) to upgrade on a Tuesday sale.

But I would still call and ask.

Edited by marci22

I was thinking that if multiple people are involved, they might not want to chance cancelling/rebooking. But if it was just me and DH, I'd do it. Even if there is a rebooking wait period, you could probably get a cabin for 2 at a better price, but multiple cabins would be harder.

Ah, I see what you are saying. I think it is just two of them.

The whole wait period is the big issue if he does cancel but these prices are liable to just jump up after the Tuesday sale. I would hate to see him end up with no cabin in his price range and no cruise.

Ah, I see what you are saying. I think it is just two of them.

The whole wait period is the big issue if he does cancel but these prices are liable to just jump up after the Tuesday sale. I would hate to see him end up with no cabin in his price range and no cruise.

Last time I looked (yesterday) there were 45 PR rooms left on this cruise (15 or so each on 6,7, 8). I didn't even count all the other insides. I don't think the price will jump up. Of course I can't be sure of this.

yep still 45 PR left from what I can see.

The funny thing is he will probably end up getting the discount, then two weeks from now, it will go down another $200 heh heh.

Edited by marci22

OP, ... I don't understand why you just don't call instead of being here on CC. The longer you are on here the more conflicting advice you will get.

Just do it!

Or, maybe they could "sell out" of the cabins he wants while he is on here and the prices will go back up?

Best to call ASAP.