I'm angry...the prices went down BIG TIME!!

Rated

Last time I looked (yesterday) there were 45 PR rooms left on this cruise (15 or so each on 6,7, 8). I didn't even count all the other insides. I don't think the price will jump up. Of course I can't be sure of this.

yep still 45 PR left from what I can see.

The funny thing is he will probably end up getting the discount, then two weeks from now, it will go down another $200 heh heh.

Then we will all be back here again:D:eek:

Last time I looked (yesterday) there were 45 PR rooms left on this cruise (15 or so each on 6,7, 8). I didn't even count all the other insides. I don't think the price will jump up. Of course I can't be sure of this.

yep still 45 PR left from what I can see.

The funny thing is he will probably end up getting the discount, then two weeks from now, it will go down another $200 heh heh.

Bite your tongue!:eek:;):D

It's not so much the $200...

it's the better room I would get that I didn't get because it was $300 more...

now it's $200 cheaper than what I paid..

= $500 difference

By the time you get screwing around here and calling. the price will have gone back up

You don't need to cancel (although you could) because you are not in the penalty period. Just call and tell them you'd like to change your cabin to the one you want that's cheap now

It's not so much the $200...

it's the better room I would get that I didn't get because it was $300 more...

now it's $200 cheaper than what I paid..

= $500 difference

Look, being a very experienced cruiser 30+ cruises myself.....chalk this up to experience. I realize this is very frustrating and upsetting. However, you agreed upon a price and you made final payment. Please go and enjoy your cruise. Cruise prices, like hotel rooms, airfares can fluctuate daily sometimes radically. You just have to assuming this will happen. The worst thing you could do IMO is to go back and reprice your cruise after final payment. I just accept the price I paid is best available and just start planning for the actual trip. You certainly could wait and book your cruise after final payment; however, there is never any guarantee price will go down or that there will be space available. Remember, after final payment cruise lines are trying to get rid of unsold space and you might not get the best cabin nor confirmed dining time plus last minute airfares might negate any price savings on your cabin. You have to look at your overall travel arrangements and not just on price savings only after the fact. Clearly, if you aren't picky in your cabin location or dining times and/or can book within 60 days of departure then wait and book after final payment. IMO the best you can hope for is maybe a cabin upgrade. It never hurts to ask nicely and politely what can be done.

What ranting? He is a first time cruiser trying to understand how Tuesday sales events work.

Correct. I know from previous threads that he is a young guy who is cruising for the first time and has a lot of questions. I also think that his age and newness to cruising has him looking for a lot of advice before he calls to be sure of himself on the call. But that being said I do agree that time's wasting and the only help he truly will get is with RCI.

That's what I've been thinking for the last 3 hours:rolleyes:

Did you ever think that he can get away with being on the internet at work but can't make a personal phone call until lunchtime? Or based on the fact that he said he is 22 in one of his threads, he was actually in class while he was on cruise critic and now has time while he is at lunch or out of class. He is a young guy, booking a first cruise, give the guy a break.

Edited by reallyitsmema

Did you ever think that he can get away with being on the internet at work but can't make a personal phone call until lunchtime? Or based on the fact that he said he is 22 in one of his threads, he was actually in class while he was on cruise critic and now has time while he is at lunch or out of class. He is a young guy, booking a first cruise, give the guy a break.

Oh so you mean he hasn't yet figured out how to be at work with a boss hanging over him, be on the internet with CC, or go to class, have lunch, and be able to call RCI on the phone at the same time like the rest of us? :D

Edited by leaveitallbehind

Oh so you mean he hasn't yet figured out how to be at work with a boss hanging over him, be on the internet with CC, or go to class, have lunch, and be able to call RCI on the phone at the same time like the rest of us? :D

I think that is a grad school course he hasn't gotten to yet.;)

There is no Tuesday sale for the OP's cruise. Tuesday sales are for cruises after final payment date

Look again, he said he is sailing May 11th on Explorer.

I'm extremely jealous of a 22 yo who can afford a cruise. Granted they're cheaper relatively but when I was 22 there's NO WAY I could afford a cruise, best I could do was chip in with 7 others to rent an RV and drive to Florida for spring break.

Anway good luck with getting the money back. Since you're new I will point out that booking in advance comes with pros and cons. The pro is you can make plans for sure, and look forward to it. The cons are what you're experiencing.

I was only gone for about an hour and a half, some of you are mean :rolleyes:

Just kidding!

Anyway, yes I am a 22 year old sailing, so I do have a ton of questions and want to make sure everything is right and perfect.

I called up RCI and was on hold for about 5-7 minutes, and was fortunate enough to speak with Avril, she was so sweet and polite. I told her my situation, I booked my cruise back in January (20th) and made the final payment as of yesterday.

I told her I knew the payment was due today and I went on "My Cruises" on the RCI website and noticed some major price differences in all of the rooms. She then explained that it was some sort of pricing (I didn't really understand what word she used LOL) she then looked up the pricing and said I was locked into that rate because I already payed in full

I was very polite and asked her if there was anything she can do in terms of pricing and she assured me no refunds or price deductions could be made. I told her (well, asked her) if I could go ahead and cancel the trip and then re-book it.

She said I could, but I would be running a risk because full payment would have to be in rather quickly and it takes 3-4 days for the refund to hit my credit card.

She explained how the pricing works and how when you pay in full you're locked in, which I agreed and then asked this....

"I remember family members that cruise RCI all the time told me sometimes you guys would give a room upgrade, no refund in situations like this..."

she replied "let me put you on hold"

I waited about 5 minutes, she came back and cheerfully said "sir, are you looking for one of the promenade rooms?" I replied yes and she informed me she could move me from Deck 10, to Deck 8....promenade room and actually refund me $16.

At this point, I didn't even ask about pricing, I just said yes! She emailed me all my documents and then said it will be updated on the RCI website shortly.

I just checked, and there it was! My new room on deck 8!!

I've noticed they changed the pricing around, on my new invoice it shows $120 in pre-paid gratuities (rather than the $116.50 I originally payed)

I didn't ask her because I didn't want to push my luck or being annoying...but I was just curious and maybe you guys will know why she charged me $100 more than what I saw on the website price change?

I was only gone for about an hour and a half, some of you are mean :rolleyes:

Just kidding!

Anyway, yes I am a 22 year old sailing, so I do have a ton of questions and want to make sure everything is right and perfect.

I called up RCI and was on hold for about 5-7 minutes, and was fortunate enough to speak with Avril, she was so sweet and polite. I told her my situation, I booked my cruise back in January (20th) and made the final payment as of yesterday.

I told her I knew the payment was due today and I went on "My Cruises" on the RCI website and noticed some major price differences in all of the rooms. She then explained that it was some sort of pricing (I didn't really understand what word she used LOL) she then looked up the pricing and said I was locked into that rate because I already payed in full

I was very polite and asked her if there was anything she can do in terms of pricing and she assured me no refunds or price deductions could be made. I told her (well, asked her) if I could go ahead and cancel the trip and then re-book it.

She said I could, but I would be running a risk because full payment would have to be in rather quickly and it takes 3-4 days for the refund to hit my credit card.

She explained how the pricing works and how when you pay in full you're locked in, which I agreed and then asked this....

"I remember family members that cruise RCI all the time told me sometimes you guys would give a room upgrade, no refund in situations like this..."

she replied "let me put you on hold"

I waited about 5 minutes, she came back and cheerfully said "sir, are you looking for one of the promenade rooms?" I replied yes and she informed me she could move me from Deck 10, to Deck 8....promenade room and actually refund me $16.

At this point, I didn't even ask about pricing, I just said yes! She emailed me all my documents and then said it will be updated on the RCI website shortly.

I just checked, and there it was! My new room on deck 8!!

I've noticed they changed the pricing around, on my new invoice it shows $120 in pre-paid gratuities (rather than the $116.50 I originally payed)

I didn't ask her because I didn't want to push my luck or being annoying...but I was just curious and maybe you guys will know why she charged me $100 more than what I saw on the website price change?

Congrats!

Also, the 3 hours I spent on here asking questions helped me answer the questions Avril had...and made me feel THAT much more confident doing so, you guys are great!

Congratulations! You said the right thing and got a nice upgrade. Enjoy your cruise!

...and if you see another price drop, do the same thing and try to get an oceanview! ;)

By the way, enjoy your first cruise. And remember to follow all the good advice you got from your other threads.....;)

I will! I was happy enough to have the room upgrade, getting $16 back could buy me a drink on board ;)