Pressing crumpled clothes on Oosterdam

linanles

We are off on the Oosterdam in 3 days and I was wondering how we can press clothes that get crushed in our bag while travelling. We've packed already and I'm sure some things will look a bit crumpled when we unpack onboard.

I know there is no laundry for passenger access and bringing irons on board is banned but is there a room with an iron where you can do this?

There is no room, no way, to iron on board that ship.

You can send things out for pressing. If you feel it will be cost-effective, there is an unlimited pressing package.

You can also bring some Downey Wrinkle Release, and try that. Or, hang your things in a steamy shower for the wrinkles to fall out.

Good luck!

We are off on the Oosterdam in 3 days and I was wondering how we can press clothes that get crushed in our bag while travelling. We've packed already and I'm sure some things will look a bit crumpled when we unpack onboard.

I know there is no laundry for passenger access and bringing irons on board is banned but is there a room with an iron where you can do this?

You might be surprised at how unwrinkled things can be.

Last year one bag was packed a week in advance, flew to Europe, stayed 5 days precruise and never opened the luggage until we got on the ship. Everything was fine. We could have had it pressed but there was honestly no need and trust me, DH is very fussy:D:rolleyes:

I would not recommend Downy Wrinkle Release as the few times I've brought it it has opened up inside the ziplock bag or been useless. Ruth's suggestion to hang it in the shower is the best- its all I ever do. Wrinkled is ok on board!

Happy trip!

Have you tried rolling your clothes into bundles, instead of the more typical stack and pack of each item? - There are a number of online videos that show you the rolling technique and other wrinkle lessening packing tips.

There are so many good fabrics today, both natural and synthetic, that resist the crush of suitcases too that if you do a lot of traveling it makes sense to invest in a few more of them. Even formal wear can emerge from suitcases ready-to-wear these days.

A CC friend taught me this trick; buy a small plastic spray bottle and put a dryer sheet down in it. When you get to your destination, fill the bottle with water. Lightly mist your clothes and let them hang. This is good for rewearing garments too as it helps with wrinkles and makes the item smell nice. I wouldn't use this on anything that water spots, but it works great for the clothes I travel with.:)

A CC friend taught me this trick; buy a small plastic spray bottle and put a dryer sheet down in it. When you get to your destination' date=' fill the bottle with water. Lightly mist your clothes and let them hang. This is good for rewearing garments too as it helps with wrinkles and makes the item smell nice. I wouldn't use this on anything that water spots, but it works great for the clothes I travel with.:)[/quote']

I do this all the time particularly on knits, shorts, and capris. I buy a $1 bottle at the Dollar Tree and pack it in my suitcase. The good thing is that I can leave it behind and have more room for my goodies that I've bought.

Archived