Children in the CL

argman

If I am not mistaken children are allowed during the day light hours but when liquor is being served they are not allowed in. It has been a couple of years since we had a Grand Suite and had access to the CL so many the rules have changed.

Booked in a GS for first time. Was wondering if children are permitted in the CL? Even if they are will I feel uncomfortable bringing them in. They are 10 & 15

Yes they are permitted and I would hope you wouldn't feel uncomfortable taking them in there but it depends on the guests in the CL

I have only seen the complaints about children running around in the CL, or touching/picking up food that they then place back on the trays. I am sure that your 10 and 15 yr old will be welcomed into the CL. Oh, there have also been complaints about small children taking up seating from the adults. I blame that on their parents...I was raised to always give up my seat to an adult.

Yes, they are allowed in the CL.

The key to acceptance by other guests is "behavior". The few times that I have seen children in the CL they have been very well behaved. On the Allure in December a large family took up a lot of space in the CL, not with the children, but by parking several baby strollers in open spaces, including aisles. When the little ones cried they didn't remove them as we used to when our child cried in restaurants.

Just got off IOS yesterday. Kids are allowed in CL during cocktail hour with an adult. Mine went in once or twice during the 8 days but not for long. The kids I saw in there were very well behaved. Ryno the concierge was wonderful with the kids and the adult passengers were also very kind and friendly.

Our kids are 11 and 14; they will join us 2 or 3 nights (usually on formal nights) in the CL. Yes they are allowed and YES, good behavior is appreciated by all. I'm sure your kids will have a great time. Yes, the rules did change at some point; not sure of the date. When our kids were younger, they were not allowed in the CL during the cocktail hour (hours 5:00-8-30).

Yes, children are permitted to be in the CL at any time if accompanied by an adult if they are staying in a GS or above. We just returned from Mariner. My 6 year old granddaughter was in the CL a couple of times when Adventure Ocean was not open. She was complimented on her behavior. They are allowed in the CL because they are paying (or their parents are) and deserve to be there:)

My boys loved the CL last March. They were 11 & 13 at the time. They felt special drinking their cherry cokes with my husband and I. Not to mention the treats! Everyone was very kind to them. I was a little worried by some of the comments I had read on this board, but I was worried needlessly.

My daughter has joined me in the CL for the last three years. She is 9 years old now. She acts better than some of the adults. She and I cruise alone and I like to have her company. She loves the apps and they always make her a hot chocolate. We only stay for one drink and have never had any problems. It is a perk you pay for so enjoy it.

Booked in a GS for first time. Was wondering if children are permitted in the CL? Even if they are will I feel uncomfortable bringing them in. They are 10 & 15

Yes you can and no, you should not feel uncomfortable.

My kids and me when I was that age... that would be the last place they'd want to be....boring!:o It's been boring at times for me now....JK:D

The difference between DL and CL is that CL encompasses the family suites, so naturally, the kids have been included. But I still don't understand why they'd wanna be standing around with a bunch of adults mingling and drinking.

they are allowed in at any time. as for feeling uncomfortable.. during Cocktail hour you may feel so as previously they were not permitted but the suite gusts complained. they were ALWAYS permitted at other hours of the day

as a fellow GS person who does not have kids( and would prefer they not be allowed during Cocktail hour) as long as your children are not disruptive, do not descend on the finger foods like a plague of locusts and do not pester the bartender for 500 cans of soda, I will keep my opinions to myself and accept the policy.

It's funny because you have to 21 years or older to go into the Diamond Lounge. Their use to be age restrictions during cocktail hours in the Concierge Lounge, but they recently changed it I think.

That is correct - the DL is a restricted C&A tier lounge for Diamond members 21 or older. (All age eligible family members also need to be Diamond individually). The Concierge Lounge allows all ages occupying the Suites as access is gained simply by the purchase of GS and higher per cruise. C & A tier has no application in the CL other than D+ & Pinnacle also have access.

Archived