Quick question about final payment

magandab

Is final payment due at the same time for all passengers? That is, is it a defined amount of time before the cruise starts? If so, how long before the cruise, in general?

Thanks in advance.

No, I don't think so, not for all.

I believe that for North Americans, the final payment is due approximately 75 days before the start of the cruise.

I thought that this was true for all passengers but have since found out, through some roll call threads, that passengers from other countries had different final payment dates. I do not know the dates for those.

here is an absolute last date HAL requires final payment but there seems to be some variance. TA's may build in some extra days to give them time to process or prod customers to make their payments and that amount of time may vary. PCC's may give one date while a rep may give another but all of our confirmations provide the date our final payment is due and payment should be satisfied on that date.

Keep in mind, if you are cancelling to confirm by what date you must give notice of cancellation in order to not suffer penalty. That date may be the day prior to final payment due date.

On Grand Voyages, or any segment of one, the final payment is due 90 days before your segment.

And the penalty period can start at 120 days out---not the day before final payment is due.

Timely topic for us.

When we booked our cruise months ago the TA confirmation page said that final payment was due today 03/31/13.

When I called earlier to make the payment by credit card, their voice mail told me (surprise!) that they were closed for Easter.

I'm glad they're respecting the day but I wonder if we're now considered delinquent with respect to final payment.

For sure, I'll call again tomorrow AM.

John

We usually book through a large online TA in Houston. Our agent there builds in a couple of days to allow for screw-ups and processing.

Better a couple of days early than sorry.

Timely topic for us.

When we booked our cruise months ago the TA confirmation page said that final payment was due today 03/31/13.

When I called earlier to make the payment by credit card, their voice mail told me (surprise!) that they were closed for Easter.

I'm glad they're respecting the day but I wonder if we're now considered delinquent with respect to final payment.

For sure, I'll call again tomorrow AM.

John

Sleep well tonight. You'll be okay.

But call first thing tomorrow morning.

Archived