Quantum new announcement.

Sept. and Oct. are slower months for the Caribbean. Good time to take Oasis for her dry dock. I'm hoping to due the TAs and Quantum Inagural:)

Ditto to this Carolyn.. a busy fall season in 2014 :)

We are booked on the Breakaway and are very excited to see this ship and the shows being offered. To have a new RC ship from the NY area would be fantastic also! I am almost sure this will come to be. Someone has to compete with the NCL Breakaway! :D

For the announcement to come out of NYC seems like a good sign for Bayonne. I'm thinking that's where it will go to compete head to head with NCL's new Breakaway.

Then again,RCCL had a big reveal about the Oasis in NYC back a few years ago(2008) and we know it didn't sail out of that area..

For the announcement to come out of NYC seems like a good sign for Bayonne. I'm thinking that's where it will go to compete head to head with NCL's new Breakaway.

Didn't quite work out that way for Oasis when RCI held its big reveal in NY City a few years back, so I would hesitate to read very much into the location for this announcement. Hopefully more details will be provided on April 16th.

The announcements and reveals about Oasis also were done in New York city in June 2008 so this is not new having a reveal in this city

Then again,RCCL had a big reveal about the Oasis in NYC back a few years ago(2008) and we know it didn't sail out of that area..

Didn't quite work out that way for Oasis when RCI held its big reveal in NY City a few years back, so I would hesitate to read very much into the location for this announcement. Hopefully more details will be provided on April 16th.

Guess we all remembered that event!:)

We are booked on the Breakaway and are very excited to see this ship and the shows being offered. To have a new RC ship from the NY area would be fantastic also! I am almost sure this will come to be. Someone has to compete with the NCL Breakaway! :D

In 2010 when Norwegian Epic was delivered and began its inaugural season from NY did any other cruise line put a ship in NY to compete with Epic? Just curious if this was the case back then.

Hi Bill,

I always thought that the Oasis event held in NYC was because of there being a "Central Park" neighbourhood on Oasis ?

Hope you and your DW are well :D

We were told (on the Allure ~ Diamond Lounge ~ that a couple of ships might be shifting from Port Everglades to Port Canaveral to make room..... we asked for what and was told they were not informed yet. Stay tuned was all we were told..... I guess that would make some sense too as they have dredge or have been dredging Port Canaveral for bigger ships. hymmmmmm Oasis or Allure to Port Canaveral. That would be awesome too. But then what would take their place? hymm...... They sure do like us all to speculate... Wonder if the Diamond workers really did hear something? Probably as much as we do, right?:p

In 2010 when Norwegian Epic was delivered and began its inaugural season from NY did any other cruise line put a ship in NY to compete with Epic? Just curious if this was the case back then.

The Norwegian Epic never cruised from NY, other than for the short VIP/Media cruises that were held in conjunction with various ceremonies when it arrived in NY from Europe. The Epic's initial homeport was Miami.

Hi Bill,

I always thought that the Oasis event held in NYC was because of there being a "Central Park" neighbourhood on Oasis ?

Hi Liz, good to hear from you. We are doing quite well and about to embark on a new adventure tomorrow when we fly to Barcelona in anticipation of our very first cruise on Azamara (Azamara Quest to the French Riviera).

We were at the NYC reveal and there was a lot of information, but the biggest surprises to my mind, were the revelations about the Crown Loft Suites and the carved horses that would be a feature of Boardwalk. I can't even remember if all of the neighborhoods had been revealed by that time.

Please come back and let us know the details/experiences of the Breakaway and compared to RCCL :)

Hi Liz, good to hear from you. We are doing quite well and about to embark on a new adventure tomorrow when we fly to Barcelona in anticipation of our very first cruise on Azamara (Azamara Quest to the French Riviera).

We were at the NYC reveal and there was a lot of information, but the biggest surprises to my mind, were the revelations about the Crown Loft Suites and the carved horses that would be a feature of Boardwalk. I can't even remember if all of the neighborhoods had been revealed by that time.

Didn't they reveal that big model of Oasis at that event ?

I hope you and Rita have a fantastic time on the Azamara Quest. :D

Hopefully we will meet again soon...maybe next year ? :D

Safe travels and smooth sailing :D

Hi Bill,

Maybe the Quantum announcement is in NYC because the cups fot the soda package will be smaller.:D

The Norwegian Epic never cruised from NY, other than for the short VIP/Media cruises that were held in conjunction with various ceremonies when it arrived in NY from Europe. The Epic's initial homeport was Miami.

Thanks njhorseman!

So did RCI put a ship in Miami to compete with Norwegian Epic?

We were told (on the Allure ~ Diamond Lounge ~ that a couple of ships might be shifting from Port Everglades to Port Canaveral to make room..... we asked for what and was told they were not informed yet. Stay tuned was all we were told..... I guess that would make some sense too as they have dredge or have been dredging Port Canaveral for bigger ships. hymmmmmm Oasis or Allure to Port Canaveral. That would be awesome too. But then what would take their place? hymm...... They sure do like us all to speculate... Wonder if the Diamond workers really did hear something? Probably as much as we do, right?:p

Just got off the Freedom OTS earlier today. During the C&A Q&A the question was asked about the new ships and the Captains response was that they had no new information from Miami to share. However during the All Access tour at the Ice Skating rink we were told that the new class of ships, Quantum and Anthem will not have Ice Skating. It was also said that there will be a second thearter but didnt know what he second thearter would be used for.

Archived