Will stewards alternate bottles of wine?

Pettifogger

Suppose a passenger likes white wine with fish and red wine with beef; are most or all of the dining room stewards willing to store one partial bottle of each and wait until the passenger orders dinner to bring the one desired that particular evening?

Suppose a passenger likes white wine with fish and red wine with beef; are most or all of the dining room stewards willing to store one partial bottle of each and wait until the passenger orders dinner to bring the one desired that particular evening?

From my experience, yes they will. I have had two bottles of wine going at the same time. Usually, both bottles would be on the table (Red) and the White would be in a wine bucket being kept cold.

Sometimes I feel like having red wine but DH wants white. We'll order each and the steward very graciously stores what we don't consume and brings both to our table the next night. :)

Sometimes I feel like having red wine but DH wants white. We'll order each and the steward very graciously stores what we don't consume and brings both to our table the next night. :)

Same here:D (only I like the white:)). Never an issue.

That has never been a problem. On our last cruise we had 2 partial bottles and brought a third so we could compare all three side by side as they were all the same vintage but from different wineries.

Having partial bottles waiting for you at the table is one of the advantages of fixed dinner seating.

With AYWD, you have to attract the steward and wait for him or her to bring it.

oh, it's easier to just finish the bottle at one sitting. :D

Tim, I've got a 75 Margeaux that I'll be uncorking on our Alaskan cruise in late June/early July -- come join us! (Not-so-old girlfriend is treating me to my first ever cruise to celebrate our ... return to singleness! So I'm packing some fine old wines that my ex left in MY house in MY cellar!)

Archived