Turks and Caicos cruise port to re-open

RandyinDEN

That's good news. :)

Would have been nice if they included some comment as to how they have made it safe... what corrections were made to the sources of Noro that was being transmitted to ship guests calling there.

All they talk about is the financial impact to the island. How about the health impact to those who became ill? How about the disruption and denial of cruise amenities guests have experienced on the ships? What about that loss that cruisers had omitted from their usual availability?

I'm not crazy about the reporting done the way it is.

From Seatrade Insider 04 April 2013 :

Cruise ships to resume Grand Turk visits

Cruise ships are scheduled to resume visits to Grand Turk Cruise Center after nearly a month-long hiatus for public health inspections and sanitization. Carnival Freedom is scheduled to make the first call, on Monday, followed by Carnival Breeze on Tuesday...........FULL Article here: http://www.seatrade-insider.com/news/news-headlines/cruise-ships-to-resume-grand-turk-visits.html

Joanie

That's good news. :)

Would have been nice if they included some comment as to how they have made it safe... what corrections were made to the sources of Noro that was being transmitted to ship guests calling there.

All they talk about is the financial impact to the island. How about the health impact to those who became ill? How about the disruption and denial of cruise amenities guests have experienced on the ships? What about that loss that cruisers had omitted from their usual availability?

I'm not crazy about the reporting done the way it is.

I agree 100%. That is why I asked the question as to pin-pointing a source. It all sounds nice, and I am sure there was a lot of chlorine bleach used on the island in the last few weeks, but if it was a more endemic issue (water quality or sanitation ) that wouldn't be particularly effective . :rolleyes: I hope that all areas were looked at and remedied as the article states, including water quality and sanitation.

Thank you, I was sure I'd seen it. April 5th.

And your point? You can always skip reading or at least not post if you can't be pleasant. No one would miss the spitefulness.

I really get tired of hearing people at meet and greets say they do not post on the main boards because they are tired of the hateful people.

It's best if we don't have something nice to say to not post.

Archived