Clocks in room?

doubledobles

I've never seen a clock in a ship's cabin. I think it's because of the time zone changes when you travel. The stewards would have to take the time to change the clocks, in case passengers forgot and got out of sync with ship's time. Plus a lot of the time changes are overnight, and the stewards can't be sneaking into your room at 2 AM to change the clock.

Yes, you can leave a wakeup call. I think there's a specific button on the phone, or a number you call to set it up. Very easy to do.

[B]The only cabins that have clocks are wall clocks in Deluxe Verandah Suites and Penthouse (Neptune and Pinnacle Suites).

You can leave wakeup calls.
We cannot see the wall clock in the dark so we bring small travel clocks to put on our bedstands and we use that alarm.
[/B]

[quote name='3rdGenCunarder']I've never seen a clock in a ship's cabin. I think it's because of the time zone changes when you travel. The stewards would have to take the time to change the clocks, in case passengers forgot and got out of sync with ship's time. Plus a lot of the time changes are overnight, and the stewards can't be sneaking into your room at 2 AM to change the clock.

Yes, you can leave a wakeup call. I think there's a specific button on the phone, or a number you call to set it up. Very easy to do.[/quote]

[B] Actually, it's pretty funny in the middle of the night to hear the electric wall clock being moved forward when there is a time change. I've been awake several times and have heard when they automatically reset all the ships clock. Must be a cute little button on the bridge that controls that action. :D

[/B]

[quote name='sail7seas'][B]The only cabins that have clocks are wall clocks in Deluxe Verandah Suites and Penthouse (Neptune and Pinnacle Suites).[/B]

[B]You can leave wakeup calls. [/B]
[B]We cannot see the wall clock in the dark so we bring small travel clocks to put on our bedstands and we use that alarm.[/B]
[/quote]

Do all ships have clocks in the Neptune suites? I can't remember seeing one. I'm probably so used to not having a clock in my cabin that I didn't even look.

Edited to add: just looked at my pictures, and there it is, right next to the desk! (aft corner on Zuiderdam)

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=royalblue]If you do bring a clock, do not bring an electric one. Something about the alternating current, I believe, is the reason that it won't keep correct time. [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=#4169e1]Bring a battery or wind-up travel alarm. [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[quote name='3rdGenCunarder']Do all ships have clocks in the Neptune suites? I can't remember seeing one. I'm probably so used to not having a clock in my cabin that I didn't even look.

Edited to add: just looked at my pictures, and there it is, right next to the desk! (aft corner on Zuiderdam)[/quote]

[B] We have been in "S" and "SA" Suites on 14 of HAL's 15 ships and they all have the same (style) clock on the wall.

It is on a wall beside the bed.

[/B]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=4]In the Pinnacle Suite the clock is in the dining room which can not be seen from the bedroom and only part of the living room on the Vista and Signature ships.[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=4][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=4]On the R and S class the clock can only be seen from the dining room.[/SIZE][/FONT]

[quote name='sail7seas'][B] Must be a cute little button on the bridge that controls that action. :D[/B]

[/quote]

Heehee! I was just imagining the deck watch officer leaning over and saying to their colleague, "Hey, it's 2am, press the cute little button." :)

[quote name='RuthC'][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=royalblue]If you do bring a clock, do not bring an electric one. Something about the alternating current, I believe, is the reason that it won't keep correct time. [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=#4169e1]Bring a battery or wind-up travel alarm. [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/quote]We were planning on bringing a plug in alarm clock/ipod docking station. This won't work?

[quote name='sail7seas'][B]The only cabins that have clocks are wall clocks in Deluxe Verandah Suites and Penthouse (Neptune and Pinnacle Suites).

[/B][/QUOTE]

Pushing the wake up call button on the phone will announce the current time.

Archived