Good ear plugs?

taszmom

My DH are in 1 cabin and my MIL and DD are in the adjacent cabin. My MIL who is a petite woman, whom I love dearly, however she shores like a bear. I want some ear plugs for my DD for sure and I am thinking the walls are thin, so I might need them too.

Can anyone recommend some good ear plugs/noise cancellation headphones that are comfortable enough to sleep in? And not cost me an arm and a leg since I have to get 2!

My DH are in 1 cabin and my MIL and DD are in the adjacent cabin. My MIL who is a petite woman, whom I love dearly, however she shores like a bear. I want some ear plugs for my DD for sure and I am thinking the walls are thin, so I might need them too.

Can anyone recommend some good ear plugs/noise cancellation headphones that are comfortable enough to sleep in? And not cost me an arm and a leg since I have to get 2!

I brought these because we had 4 in our room on the Miracle. They work so well, my b-i-l fell out of the top bunk (Long story, his own fault and yes he's okay!) and I didn't wake up until they all turned the light on!

http://www.cvs.com/shop/product-detail/CVS-Superior-Soft-Foam-Earplugs?skuId=857158

I brought these because we had 4 in our room on the Miracle. They work so well, my b-i-l fell out of the top bunk (Long story, his own fault and yes he's okay!) and I didn't wake up until they all turned the light on!

http://www.cvs.com/shop/product-detail/CVS-Superior-Soft-Foam-Earplugs?skuId=857158

OMG! That's so funny! That's quite a good endorsement of how well they work. I hope I will still be able to hear any emergency alarms that go off!

OMG! That's so funny! That's quite a good endorsement of how well they work. I hope I will still be able to hear any emergency alarms that go off!

I thought of that - so I'm hoping my DH and DS will wake me if they do! I'm thinking I should suggest to Carnival that they turn all the cabin lights on if there is an emergency for those of us who need ear plugs!

Walmart also carries an earplug that is purple. It is a slightly different shape. I take the orange and purple since everyones ear is different. We have a son that snores so loud we put him at the other end of the house! I bring extra in case a neighbor knocks on my door and complains. So far we havent had one, so maybe the walls arent as thin as I thought they would be!

Like the orange and purple foam ones folks are mentioning I use a pink colored foam one I buy at target. I like the, because they have a little travel case to tuck a few into. They aren't expensive and the key is getting the, in your ear correctly. I'm a very light sleeper and don't travel without them. On,y way I can somewhat nap on a plane.

I use the inexpensive moldable kind - silcone...wax? Not sure, but they work well, mold to any ear shape (I actually tear them in half or smaller) and I throw them away after use. They come like six or a dozen to a box at the drugstore. I like them because they keep me from staying awake with the SO snoring, but I can still hear really loud sounds so that I don't feel I wouldn't wake up in an emergency.

Enjoy your cruise!

http://www.amazon.com/Macks-Pillow-Silicone-Earplugs-Value/dp/B000067NMJ/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1366331788&sr=8-3&keywords=wax+ear+plugs

I use this type on a daily basis. I have very narrow ear canals and cannot get the foam type in. Like others have mentioned, these are moldable and I tear one in half for a pair of them since my ears are pretty small. For me, they work like a charm. I've been wearing them for about 8 years. And yes, they help with screaming kids on the plane! I usually carry a pair in my purse or backpack on the plane.

I buy mine at Walmart for about $5.00 for a dozen/6 pair, but I get 12 pair out of the package.

214638AG76L.jpg

Orange foam ear plugs, found in the sporting goods section of a store that I can't mention but they cater to Red-necks (get it?) Less than $2 for a pack of 12. They work really well. My DW is a snorer.:eek: C.G,

Sounds like Bass Pro Shops.

I wouldn't even consider trying to sleep in headphones of any kind, but have used ear plugs every night for probably 20 years. They work very well and have probably saved my marriage! I also always carry them on airplanes, just in case there's a screaming baby (or equally annoying loud conversation or sniffing or gum cracking!) nearby.

Someone mentioned not being able to get earplugs into a small ear canal - you are supposed to roll them between your fingers into a very thin cylinder, then insert them into your ears. They then quickly expand to fit your ear canal perfectly. Don't push them too far into your ear canal - you could damage your ear drum and you want to be able to grip them for removal. Also, most come with a rating that indicates how well they block sound - look for at least a 29 rating; I've seen some rated at 33.

The best we've ever found were a little heavier soft plastic and were ridged, handed out at a hospital when a roommate snored enough to rattle the bedframes. They were wonderful but I've never seen them in stores.

The best we've ever found were a little heavier soft plastic and were ridged, handed out at a hospital when a roommate snored enough to rattle the bedframes. They were wonderful but I've never seen them in stores.

Oh I wish they were handed out when I was in the horsepital a few years ago. One of my roommates kept rattling - yet the 3rd guy evidently slept right through it. It could be also that I'm not used to sleeping with someone else there, let alone 2 others. Plus being in the hospital and not sleeping in my own bed.

Must not be fans of Redneck Comedy Tour. Rednecks shop a Wal-Mart, (didn't want to advertise on this site.) Don't get them in the drug store side of the store, for some reason they are cheaper in the sporting goods section!!!:confused:

Last cruise we were above the disco and they worked great...:D C.G.

Let's take a different approach.....stop the snoring. DW and I both snored until we started using the Pure Sleep mouthguards. You mold these yourself to fit your bite, bringing your lower jaw forward while you sleep and stopping the snoring. From the very first night we used the Pure Sleep mouth guards there has not been a single snort.

Must not be fans of Redneck Comedy Tour. Rednecks shop a Wal-Mart, (didn't want to advertise on this site.) Don't get them in the drug store side of the store, for some reason they are cheaper in the sporting goods section!!!:confused:

Last cruise we were above the disco and they worked great...:D C.G.

Never heard of that "tour". Guess I must not be a redneck; fortunately.

I also use Mack's. Mack's has a few different kinds but these are the ones that work the best for me and I've been using them every night since 2007. There is a cord that is attached but I just pull that out and keep the earplugs in the case they come in. They do need replaced periodically but they've been the one that's worked best for me. We used to get them in our local grocery store but it closed and the other we shop at now doesn't have them. I'll have to check out WalMart as others have suggested.

http://www.drugstore.com/macks-ear-seals-earplugs/qxp158304?catid=184434

I wouldn't even consider trying to sleep in headphones of any kind, but have used ear plugs every night for probably 20 years. They work very well and have probably saved my marriage! I also always carry them on airplanes, just in case there's a screaming baby (or equally annoying loud conversation or sniffing or gum cracking!) nearby.

Someone mentioned not being able to get earplugs into a small ear canal - you are supposed to roll them between your fingers into a very thin cylinder, then insert them into your ears. They then quickly expand to fit your ear canal perfectly. Don't push them too far into your ear canal - you could damage your ear drum and you want to be able to grip them for removal. Also, most come with a rating that indicates how well they block sound - look for at least a 29 rating; I've seen some rated at 33.

Thanks for the tip on inserting the foam earplugs. I've tried many different brands and shapes, have followed the rolling insertion method instructions, but they only go in partway and are painful. I was a stagehand for 13 years and wore them daily with much pain. My doctor claims that I have some of the smallest ear canals that he has ever seen! So, it's the silicone wax for me for the last eight years. :confused:

Archived