Cost to return to FLL from Miami Port

MCazer

I have been searching but all the posts seem to be old.

Because our flight out of FLL is at 11:40am, we cannot use Royal Caribbean's bus. So, our dilemma is 2 adults with 3-4 carry on sized bags.

Any suggestions? And of course, if anyone has recently done this and give me a current cost that would be great. When I search, I get threads from 2006!

Thanks,

Margaret

We've used and recommended SAS Transportation (http://www.ridesas.com). The cost is $15.00pp each way. We're using them both ways on our Breeze cruise in August.

Because our flight out of FLL is at 11:40am, we cannot use Royal Caribbean's bus. So, our dilemma is 2 adults with 3-4 carry on sized bags.

Any suggestions? And of course, if anyone has recently done this and give me a current cost that would be great. When I search, I get threads from 2006!

Thanks,

Margaret

Does SAS go from one cruiseline to another if the bus is not full before going to the airport? If so, I think you are right, I may have to bite the bullet and get a cab or sedan

Thanks,

Margaret

When we used a private limo about a year ago, it was right around $100, including tip.

Certainly more expensive than a shuttle, but they take you directly point-to-point without waiting to pick up or drop off anyone else.

More comfortable than riding in a taxi, and you get the fixed price up front so no risk of running up excessive taxi meter charges if you should get stuck in traffic.

My suggestion would be just to google

limo port of miami to FLL

Then you can contact a couple of companies to ask how much they would charge for the date you will be going.

Does SAS go from one cruiseline to another if the bus is not full before going to the airport? If so, I think you are right, I may have to bite the bullet and get a cab or sedan

No not when we used SAS..they picked up only scheduled people at one ship..and wouldn't wait if they weren't out there with their luggage and ready for pickup. They don't troll for customers...prearranged only and on a timely schedule.

Anyone know what time is the earliest I can disembark? I am diamond member, and on the Majesty, which has the last port of call in Key West, so I thought that we did not have customs in Miami, as we would have to do it before going into key west.

Am I wrong?

Royal says 9am earliest, but I thought it was earlier than that.

Trying to set up a time for driver that is accurate.

MCazer, you are very welcome.

If this was me, I would not take a shuttle given your boarding time.

I would take a private car.

Keith

I agree.

That is an early flight...no time to spare waiting for others to be picked up or dropped off.

I like SAS, but the last time I used them for Fort Lauderdale to POM, we were all loaded up and underway when a passenger's cell phone rang. The passenger had taken the wrong bag at baggage claim (look-a-likes). So we turned around, went back to the airport, waited while the bag exchange was made, then got underway again. We had plenty of time that day, but you will not have time to spare if another passenger goofs (ooops, we forgot a bag...please go back driver)

Archived