Upgrade Fairy

englishbird

Had a very nice visit from the upgrade fairy this week. I had booked an obstructed view on Emerald Deck. I received an upgrade notice, which now has me in a aft balcony cabin on deck 11.

Has anyone got experience of cabin B755 on The Ruby?

Thanks

:D:D

That is a nice upgrade. We got an upgrade to a balcony aft on caribe deck last summer (from a balcony gty.) The balcony is larger and we did enjoy the wake view...that being said, my favorite location is the last cabin on the aft port side.

Had a very nice visit from the upgrade fairy this week. I had booked an obstructed view on Emerald Deck. I received an upgrade notice, which now has me in a aft balcony cabin on deck 11.

Thanks

Great upgrade.:) You will be hooked on the wake view.....:):):)

Bob

We cruise exclusively in aft suites and love them. Love the noise of the wake and the view is unbeatable in my mind. Some have had minor complaints about more ships motion and thruster noise pulling in and out of port. It's never been an issue for us or any of my neighbours that I have spoken to. You are in a very quiet, low traffic area of the ship. Basically only the "locals" go there. I'm sure you will love it

""Once you go aft you'll never go back"

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks

Gotta love those OV cabins ! The only time we received true upgrades where when we booked OV and got assigned a balcony (some at the last day before the cruise started).

We were in B755 last Feb/Mar - it's very nice. It seemed pretty roomy (all things considered) - On the balcony, I believe there were 4 chairs (no loungers) and a couple of small tables. Great for sailaways and sunsets!

Enjoy!

Kim

I have had that cabin on either the Ruby or the Emerald and we loved it. It was our first aft Balcony. We did a bunch more after that then went on to the covered mini suites then back to insides which I also like when I go without my husband. You should enjoy it, it is very quiet except when the thrusters are firing mostly to dock or leave port. The wake is great white noise and I love the view. I think aft balconies are my favorite cabin really. Congratulations. The only downside I can think of is their isolation, they are a bit of a walk to anything.

And the upgrade Fairy got me on Wednesday. We're doing a 14 day Alaska cruise and were upgraded to a Category BC balcony handicap room from a partially obstructed ocean view room. We are thrilled.

Is there a certain time period which Princess offers upgrades ? Like just a few days before sailing ? Just wondering if there is still a chance ..........

And, is there some type of dance ritual, prayer, or saying I should try, to get a balcony upgrade ? ha ha.

Just dreamin' ..............................

Is there a certain time period which Princess offers upgrades ? Like just a few days before sailing ? Just wondering if there is still a chance ..........

And, is there some type of dance ritual, prayer, or saying I should try, to get a balcony upgrade ? ha ha.

Just dreamin' ..............................

It can be at any time. Some people learn of upgrade when they get to the pier and are checkin in.

:( i'm on an Interior GTY and down to 17 days till Alaskan cruise and still no assignment. At this point I'm just hoping I don't get stuck somewhere shawdy. We are IF GTY so with the new categories it looks like that is limited to the Aloha deck? :/ Would be nice if we got moved to an OC but with no cabin assign, not holding out too long.

Going to imagine me in a Suite using the "Secret". ;) It could happen, right? LOL

• 10 months later...