What is the worst thing you forgot?

superduper123

Preparing for my cruise and making my list, I'm trying not to forget anything. Then I realize, so what if I forget my toothpaste, I can buy some onboard. That got me thinking, what is the worst thing you could forget to pack?

OK, so we know passport/ID is probably at the top of the list. Anything else, that would put a severe damper on your cruise?

DH left his prescription sunglasses in the car in the airport. He is very sensitive to sunlight but he can't see without his prescriptions. Luckily we flew in the day before and had a rental car so we could stop at Walgreen's to get some clip on shades....he really didn't like them and complained the whole trip. The good news is he never forgets them now:D. Make sure you have all prescriptions with extras just in case.

DH forgot to pack underwear on a trip to Victoria a few years ago. We were able buy more, but they didn't fit the same as his usual brand. We normally do a lot of walking on vacations, we had to curtail that on this trip due to excessive chafing. I think he packs undies first these days!

Sent from my XT897 using Tapatalk 2

I packed several pairs of shoes, including a navy pair of my favorite Ferragammo, Lilaz. Or what I thought was a navy pair. What I packed was the left shoe of the navy pair and the right shoe of a black pair. What a conundrum!

My mother did this for a business trip with a pair of heels she had in two colors, one a dark brown and the other black. She obviously wasn't packing her suitcase in very good light and the same thing, a left shoe of one color and right shoe of the other! She ended up wearing them with her pant suit, and no one said anything to her. Either they were being too polite or didn't notice!

I got a good one. My sister and her husband forgot the most important thing ever "the time" :eek: while at a port they forgot to turn their clocks up an hour, they heard a horn blow, looked over and said "hey that looks like our ship" you betcha they missed the boat!!!!! No credit cards no ID just sign and sail card and few bucks, trust me they had a hard hard time getting back to the US.:(

AKK! This is my worst nightmare, and due to that, we rarely get off the ship. Just can't take that chance, don't know why.

Two things but these haven't happened on cruises.

DH's ATM card stops working on day 3 of a 14 day trip to Rome.

After an hour on the phone with the bank (thanks to Skype) he realizes he left his new card at home. He took the soon-to-be expiring one with him.

We forgot our calendar

Last week we both had the same malfunction:(-- We thought Tuesday was the 22nd. Had to buy new plane tickets home.

New saying in our family--Make sure Tuesday is the 22nd!

Edited by SadieN

My last cruise I forgot my black dress slacks. They were the basis for almost all of my dinner outfits. I was VERY lucky that the ship's store had a pair of black pants that were close enough, but boy did I pay a lot for those pants...

DH forgot the pants for his suit. Luckily we were staying in a suite on Celebrity and our Butler was able to get a tux for him to rent. First thing he does now is to make sure the suit pants are with the jacket! Of course he looked so good in that tux that I'm very tempted to accidentally on purpose make his suit pants go missing again!:eek::o

Warm clothes. We did a 7 day to the Mexican Riviera. I was expecting sunshine and warm balmy weather. Which it was in port. However, while we were at sea, it was cold and overcast. There were very few people at the outdoor pool on the top or sunbathing. It was also very chilly indoors in the evening. I was cold almost the whole time we were sailing. From then on, I always pack a warm sweater or sweatshirt.

My kids had a check-list of items to pack. The 10 year old INSISTED that he had packed everything on the list, and did NOT need it reviewed.

He forgot underwear. He prefers boxer briefs (because they offer the most 'security'). We had to convince him to let us cut down his pajama pants into 'boxers' ... he was distressed the entire trip.

Actually, toothpaste is the worst thing I ever forgot to pack. You'd think it would be no big deal; just buy some onboard. Unfortunately, the onboard shop happened to be out of toothpaste. After two sea days at the start of our cruise, we hit the first port, and finding a place to buy toothpaste was priority number one!

Hopefully the galley gave you some baking soda to clean teeth. :)

A pair of panty hose. I needed a pair to go with a short formal dress.....after about 3 days, I retained fluid and was puffy - needed them even more then. Tried the shop where you rent tuxedoes, etc but no luck. I didn't end up wearing the dress at all.

My kids had a check-list of items to pack. The 10 year old INSISTED that he had packed everything on the list, and did NOT need it reviewed.

He forgot underwear. He prefers boxer briefs (because they offer the most 'security'). We had to convince him to let us cut down his pajama pants into 'boxers' ... he was distressed the entire trip.

This is too funny. A ten year old concerned about the "security" of his boys? That is hilarious! So what did he then wear to bed if you cut his pajamas?

I make mistakes nearly every cruise, but two stand out. Somehow I got on Majesty of the Seas once with only the bra I was wearing and no other. I had to wash and wear it and blow dry it with a blow drier. Worse, it was black, so I couldn't wear any of the pastel shirts I had brought with me. Luckily, it was only a four-night cruise.

Perhaps worse, I took my Advair asthma inhaler on an eleven-night Panama Canal cruise. The first night I happend to notice--entirely too late--that I had only about five inhalations left on the indicator, when I would have needed twenty-two for the cruise! I kept using the inhaler on empty, getting just fumes. Somehow fortunately I didn't have an asthma attack, but now I make really certain to check the number of inhalations left on the Advair before I pack.

Going on a cruise without prescription meds is about the worst mistake you can make packing.

THANK YOU SO MUCH. I am OCD and organized to the core! Or so I thought! I forgot to add my Advair to my list for our upcoming cruise in two weeks! Thank you for reminding me to check the number of doses left!!! :)

We hurriedly parked in the large garage at the Seattle port and had a wonderful cruise. Seven days later we got off the ship and realized we didn't have a clue as to even what floor we were parked on. Felt a little better when we started hearing car alarms and beeps as other people who had the same problem tried to find their cars.

I went on my honeymoon and when I went to unpack I had no underwear. I thought for sure I had and couldn't imagine how I forgot. I went "commando" most of the week. When I got home I found out the guys in my wedding party had gone back to my room and took all the underwear out as a joke.

outstanding.. I have to remember that one.

If you email copies of all your documents to yourself, you'll always be safe... Passport, Birth Certificate, Drivers license, Marriage License etc...:)

This is a really good idea. Have electronic copies in your phone as backup for extreme emergencies.

Sent from my Motorola Electrify using Tapatalk 2

Nothing! I'm obsessive-compulsive and I check 3 times what I need before I leave. Haven't forgotten anything important yet!

I have OCD tendencies but I'm also a bit superstitious so am too afraid to state my cruising successes.

I went against this mantra last week bragging about my very old car and how well it is holding up and now the check engine light is on :(

Sent from my Motorola Electrify using Tapatalk 2

One cruise our son in law was driving us to the airport and then returning to our house to sleep so he could go to work in a couple of hours. He dropped us off and set off home. This was before cell phones. I walked into the airport and realized that I didn't have my purse with the passports and boarding passes. We had to wait for him to get to our place and then have him drive all the way back.

Another time I had rented a car and we turned it into the airport and then was going to get the transfer from the cruise ship. I told my sister to check everywhere to make sure that nothing was forgotten in the car as I took care of handing in the car. She told me that everything was out and off we went into the airport to find the cruise transfer place. The lady there asked us for our information so that she could confirm that we had a transfer and the little bag I had all our documents in, all my money and my passport was missing. I ran back to the rental place and thank goodness the guys processing the cars were honest and had turned it in to the office there. I just felt sick, however I don't think my sister really realized what she had missed.

tigercat

I so had to LOL when I read this! My youngest, now 13, STILL forgets to pack his underwear no matter where he goes! Thank goodness when he spends the night at Grandma's, she has extras there for him. I'll be double checking his packing before we go to Alaska though! Oh and he also prefers the boxer briefs because: a - they are like Daddy's and b - the boys are secure!