Submarine in Port Everglades

DFD1

The USS Dallas is a Los Angeles (688) class boat. The one in the pictures appears to be a Virginia class.

Yesterday as they were leaving the Port they called out to the Harbor Master, "Harbor Master, this is Warship 571,....." At least I think those were the call numbers.

EDITED TO ADD: I just did a Google search for Uirginia Class US Warship 571 and came up with a web site that lists all of the Virginia Class submarines and I now think they may have said they were Warship 781 which would make it the USS California http://www.jeffhead.com/usn21/nssn.htm tried to go to it's page but says it is temporarily unavailable

Joanie

Yesterday as they were leaving the Port they called out to the Harbor Master, "Harbor Master, this is Warship 571,....." At least I think those were the call numbers.

EDITED TO ADD: I just did a Google search for Uirginia Class US Warship 571 and came up with a web site that lists all of the Virginia Class submarines and I now think they may have said they were Warship 781 which would make it the USS California http://www.jeffhead.com/usn21/nssn.htm tried to go to it's page but says it is temporarily unavailable

Joanie

Joanie,

Your're right...SSN-781 is the California. Interesting factoid--SSN-571 was the 1st nuclear submarine, the USS Nautilus.

Archived