Great items to take on your cruise

gumboroux

While at Tuesday Morning yesterday I found a Amerelle model plug in night light with digital clock combo! It has a back up battery so the clock stays active and I only paid $2.99 for the one I bought....it is model number 71402 and the night light turns off during the daylight and on at night. I think it will be great for those cruise ship bathrooms....after all, don't we all want to know what time we got up in the middle of the night!! :p

I went to the Tuesday Morning web sight and typed in amerelle nightlight model number 71402 and came up with nothing. I also just used "nightlight" and got nothing. Do you have a link for the nightlight? Another question will it work in a non-polarized plug which the bathroom has?

Thanks!

Tom:)

Could this be it?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=200809961062&item=200809961062&vectorid=229466

tickled2trvl, I don't know if anyone has answered this as yet, but Purex does put out the 3 in 1 sheets now. The reason I mentioned this, I like those sheets, as they are so handy. Yes, I know they came out with the little balls/pods, but I don't like them. I live in Kansas City, Missouri and found the 3 in 1 sheets at Hy-Vee grocery store. I bought a lot of them, so I would not run out. :)

As far as a nightlight in the bathroom on Princess ships, is there a plug in there that will accept it? I thought those plugs were of a different sort.

We've found that those battery operated tea lights work great, they come in package of 3 at the Dollar Store, one lasted our whole 15 day cruise.

Here is my "must have" list of things to bring. There's more, but these are must haves....:):):)

1. Monster Travel Power Strip
  2. Shower Caddy by Flavors by Serindipity
  3. A good supply of Wipes
  4. Ultra book to store photos
  5. Extra Camera battery and memory card
  6. Airborne

Bob

Edited by Woobstr112G

Here is my "must have" list of things to bring. There's more, but these are must haves....:):):)

1. Monster Travel Power Strip
  2. Shower Caddy by Flavors by Serindipity
  3. A good supply of Wipes
  4. Ultra book to store photos
  5. Extra Camera battery and memory card
  6. Airborne

Bob

DW swears by the Airborne. She plans on starting to take it the beginning of Sept. to avoid the colds she's been know to get. Those colds have a way of turning into Bronchitis for her.

Joel

I don't think Purex makes the 3-1 sheets any longer, they replaced them with one of those pod things. I really liked those sheets for when we travel, easy to pack and easy to use.

Do you know if the laundry detergent pods travel well in checked baggage on the plane? I am curious to know if they might explode or leak at high altitudes.

Do you know if the laundry detergent pods travel well in checked baggage on the plane? I am curious to know if they might explode or leak at high altitudes.

I took them in my checked bag on our last cruise and they did fine. I put them in a plastic tub and put that in a ziplock bag. They were intact and didn't explode or leak.

they go thru your garbage to sort for recycling

turned me off to the idea of bringing clothes to throw away....

bernadette

DH tried to throw out a frayed button down shirt and an old pair of khaki pants. The steward kept taking them out of the trash and left them on the chair. He finally explained that we could not throw them out on the ship, so we lugged them and a bunch of other clothing items we intended to throw out back home and put them in our trash. It seems they have certain classes of garbage when they sort it and the clothes are not compatible with their sorting system.

• 2 weeks later...

RE: LAUNDRY HAMPERSS

We just take a couple big plastic bags....the kind that go inside Kitchen waste baskets. They take up absolutely no room and get tossed at the end.

I always take those small yellow lined tablets, like mini Legal Pads. I'm always having to write things down, directions, things to see, do, etc.

I use extra large Freezer Bags to pack a lot of stuff in. I can fold 3 - 4 hubbys shirt, stack them and insert into the bag. The bags can really compress ! I also place our underwear in them, and use smaller ones for socks etc. When we unpack, it is so easy!

I honestly pack so light! I bring about 3 bathing suits (weather permitting), formal wear, casual dresses, shoes, and sanitary items.

I do not bring any extras in case I make some purchases while I'm on holiday.

I'm sure last cruise, 10 day, my suitcase weighed only 20lbs.

This fits in the palm of your hand and has a great sound that really fills the room, I used it on last years Ruby Med cruise and we are using it again this year on the Emerald Northern Europe next month. It operates with all players, Ipod Iphone, Mp3, Kindle etc. This way you can have your favorite music when you want it. I have no connection to the company, I am just recommending a great travel item.

http://www.amazon.com/Kinivo-ZX100-Portable-Rechargeable-Resonator/dp/B004HHICKC/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1374084112&sr=8-1&keywords=kinovo+speaker

This fits in the palm of your hand and has a great sound that really fills the room, I used it on last years Ruby Med cruise and we are using it again this year on the Emerald Northern Europe next month. It operates with all players, Ipod Iphone, Mp3, Kindle etc. This way you can have your favorite music when you want it. I have no connection to the company, I am just recommending a great travel item.

http://www.amazon.com/Kinivo-ZX100-Portable-Rechargeable-Resonator/dp/B004HHICKC/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1374084112&sr=8-1&keywords=kinovo+speaker

Hmmmmmm........ Sounds like I don't ever want a room next to, above, or below yours. Other people's music isn't on my list of things I want to deal with on a cruise. Hopefully when you say the sound "really fills the room" you are playing it at a low and non-intrusive volume.

Are walls in the shower magnetic too? I was thinking of putting magnets on my shower caddy.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Forums mobile app

The cruise shower caddy from Favors By Serendipity has three velcro straps that attach to the bar in front of the soap alcove. It's perfect for cruising because it doesn't take up any room in the tiny shower. Plus it comes with strong suction cups if you want to use those. I love mine.

The cruise shower caddy from Favors By Serendipity has three velcro straps that attach to the bar in front of the soap alcove. It's perfect for cruising because it doesn't take up any room in the tiny shower. Plus it comes with strong suction cups if you want to use those. I love mine.

We had this for our last cruise and it was great.I was surprised to find the same one for sale in a shop on the Star Princess and without shipping fees it was a good deal. My friend bought one on the Caribbean Princess.

I forgot to mention, I'm making my own caddy. The one from Serendipity is too small for my DH and myself.

*I'll post a photo of my caddy once it's made.

Edited by cruiser415