Does planning drive anyone else crazy?!

Or am I utterly alone? I have been planning this cruise for quite a while and maybe that's the problem, but I keep changing my plans!:D

First, I booked a JS, because it is our 30th Anniversary and we have never stayed in a suite. Then I changed it to a GS because I read about all of the great suite benefits and had a little extra cash in my own savings account. Then I briefly felt guilty and switched it back to a JS. Then I said, 'the heck with it' and reupgraded (is there such a word?). Aside from this, I have changed my dining from 6PM to MTD. I also keep switching my shore excursions around!:eek:

What the heck is wrong with me?!

Tara

P.S. I really don't expect anyone to answer the last question.:D

P.P.S. In a strange way, I enjoy doing these things!

My DH says he will be glad when we finally go on our cruise in 2 weeks. That I will finally do something other than look at cruise critic. :rolleyes:

I didn't have the heart to tell him that when we get back, I'll probably be working on our next one since I plan to buy some NCC on board. :D

Sounds like me! My DH told me I needed to stay off cc until 90 days before our cruise!! He's crazy lol!

Today I just found the iPhone/ipad app so it's even easier to get to!

Sent from my iPhone using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

Right there with you!! Once I decide on something, I generally don't change it. But I do tend to research and plan to death. You'll see my cruise is still nearly a year out. I started the roll call a year ago, right after I booked. I've already booked the hotel for the pre-cruise night's stay. I have printed out about 12 pages of shore excursions to review in order to decide those. I'd book the air travel...but my dates are open yet!!

And yes, like you, I really enjoy all this time-consuming stuff!!! :D

My DH says he will be glad when we finally go on our cruise in 2 weeks. That I will finally do something other than look at cruise critic. :rolleyes:

I didn't have the heart to tell him that when we get back, I'll probably be working on our next one since I plan to buy some NCC on board. :D

That is so funny, I'm exactly the same! It's taken some negotiating but I've been given the green light to book a cruise for next year whilst I'm on Navigator in 9 days time on what was sold as a 'cheap week escape with the girls' :D

DH commented that we should be diamond by the time I'm 50. That's another 5 years! Little does he know! I cannot stop planning...

I was going to take a cruise to Norway this year but really didn't have time to do all of the planning, so I decided not to go and booked the Oasis instead - a no brainier with very few decisions to have to make. :)

I just look at cruises and ships I know I'll never end up going on and then start looking at the excursions and flights to get there....What can I say, I'm obsessed.

That's me to a 'T' - We can't afford to cruise this year. I know that in my heart and soul. Still though, I've priced an IOS 4 nighter out of Southampton, looked at flights, hotel, and considered what to do in Bruges :rolleyes:

I can give you costings down to the last euro. Unfortunately, it's a euro we don't have!!

Once I book our cruises, I plan ahead and even working on our Set Sail pass where others are saying they haven't started theirs. I love gettings done and behind me, vs doing the final 6 months or less. It becomes almost systematic, Cruise booked, work on set sail pass, look over tours and begin booking after the 1 yr mark has passed. We have a big trip to Australia planned for 2014 and 3 cruises and a 9 day land trip, everything is done except final payments on the cruises this Fall. I am sure I go way overboard but heck why change my habits now.:D

I'm big on pre-planning. I like to figure out all the options and info, and I share it along the way with my husband. I ask his opinion, he gives it, and I work on what we decide. It could be anything related to the cruise, pre, post, air, excursions, etc.

I will sometimes print stuff out or put it on my Nook, and have him look at it when we eat.

I've learned not to overload him, because he gets pretty cranky if it's "all travel planning, all the time".

We've reached a good compromise on it: I do, he listens and reads periodically, I do more.

Then, he changes his mind at the last minute!!!! :D:D

Planning is half the fun! I book our 7 night cruises as soon as the itins come out. We have a cruise booked for April 2015 on Adventure! Booked it the day it was out. Then it is anticipation. Seems like yesterday I booked our B2B on Jewel and now we leave next Sat! I booked this cruise a year and 1/2 ago. So I am the planner of all planners!!

Peggy, DH enjoys cruising, but he doesn't care to know the details of the planning which I wish he would. I try and involve him and explain what is going on and he gets more confused only wants to know, that accomodations and flights are set, the date we leave and what we will be doing. This next year the daughter and I are doing all the planning of the tours and DH & his sister will go along. The daughter and SIL are sharing the room onboard but the daughter has taken over to join me on the planning of the trip. We head to Sydney for a 13 day NZ, 9 days sight seeing then Transpacific and Hawaii cruise back to Vancouver.

The only thing that drives me crazy is the fact that we got to wait 13 looooooooong days to get aboard EOS to go on our cruise. We'll be at the check in by 10AM this time to get the fun started as early as possible.

Other than that the planning is a piece of cake for me.

I think I may go crazy when we return. We are doing E. Med on the NOS. I have done nothing but plan for so long. I have only changed one excursion and I upgraded from a JS to a GS. We got a $1200 price drop and then later got a $400 upgrade. Doing all private excursions so there was a lot of looking and planning.

Hi All: Depending on how long the cruise is and how far ahead, i try to do most of my research, for excursions done on own, not thru the ship. Deciding on the cabin is the biggest challenge for me. I do get kinda nuts but actually love to do this. I just booked EOS for Oct 20 and took days to figure out which cabin, for best price. I am going for first time with my gf i know since 7th grade. My husband isnt too thrilled, but i am trying to do more things on my own. Just did my online checkin!! Tried signing up for the M&M, but they dont have enough people yet. Anyone else on this Explorer cruise on Oct 20 from Bayonne? talk soon,

Planning most certainly drives DH crazy.. he's happy to know when to get in the car to go to the airport. Doesn't care what I've packed, what reservations I've made.. would rather not be involved.

It's so nice to know I am not the only one!! I do all the planning, decide on itinerary,pick the flights, the excursions (after asking DH "do you want to try this one or that one)(can only give 2 choices, or he gets cranky), read all the reviews, and generally obsess until the day we leave. I check CC many times throughout the day, dream about cruises I know i'll never go on either, and for the first time ,joined a M&M. He just laughs at me, tells me to relax, but doesn't understand that this is what gets me through the day sometimes, looking forward to the trip. When I REALLY don't want to go to work that day, I remind myself it's to pay for the cruise, and up I get. I am so glad I found others just like me.

We booked this cruise over a year ago now (we sail on the LOTS on 28 July) and I have probably spent more time planning it than some might say is healthy. I'm the one that organises these things and I guess I just want it to be as perfect as it can be and not to let anyone (my wife and children) down.

Are we leaving for the airport at the right time? Have I got the wheelchair assistance (for me) arranged at the airport, when we arrive at the ship, even though I know I have done everything I can. Have we made the right decisions in arranging the excursions, do we need a drinks package on the ship, who and how much do we tip on the ship even though we have pre-paid gratuities?

Its all buzzing around in my head but then I guess that's the way I like it. It makes the holiday seem as though its in touching distance even though we still have 12 weeks to go. Its all fun!!!!

I get asked all the time, how do you even know 15 months to 2 yrs out where you wish to cruise, I tell them once the decision to cruise a given year is made, I am ready to book as soon as the doors open. In our few cruises since 2002, ( 2 with Princess and soon to be 6 with RCCL) I have never seen the prices drop to the level they were when I booked. Right now a D-1 for our March 19th 2014 NZ Cruise is more then what we paid for our JS.

Archived